Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 02:31 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,864,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Is this a common myth that birth control lowers ones sex drive? I was on depo for 6 years, on the pill for 1 and am now on Implanon (tiny rod inserted into my arm). I haven't noticed any loss of my sex drive. All of my friends are on the pill and they have sex with their boyfriends like rabbits.
For me, it did somewhat, but mine is high to start with so it wasn't that bad. What I noticed most is I needed a lot more foreplay to "self lubricate" (can I say that on CD?) and it took me a bit longer to climax regardless how I was getting there.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:34 PM

2,682 posts, read 4,494,860 times
Based on human biology, sex drive in women increases in their thirties. Reason being, the biological clock is ticking loud and in order to preserve the human species sex drive goes up, so that women have more sex and procreate. Sex drive for men peaks at 18ish.

With that, she should want to have more sex. I agree that it could be hormones or depression. Maybe she's depressed and doesn't know it, or knows it but doesn't want to admit it. Happened to me. Maybe she needs a woman to get her going. Happened to me to

Old 04-23-2012, 02:35 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,314,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR76 View Post
Actually...I did. She won't even try it, she thinks it's "perverted".
Perverted? Yeah, as Findly said, that's bad.

I can see a certain amount of disdain, in that some women make it a point of pride of not wanting or needing "artificial" help, or stubbornly wanting things to just automatically be magical when their man touches them.

But "perverted" reveals a whole other issue. She finds sex dirty, evil, or disgusting.

Something made her that way. Could be one of the things I mentioned (molestation, assault, confused orientation), or she could have grown up under the thumbs of religious whack-jobs like Carrie White's mother. "I can see your dirty pillows."

I kind of feel bad for her.

Quote:
No one in their right mind would outright refuse to figure out how to reach orgasm during sex, unless something extremely traumatic has happened to them involving intimacy in their past.
What about this? Maybe she was raped or molested as a child?

61,254 posts, read 87,724,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katestar View Post
Based on human biology, sex drive in women increases in their thirties. Reason being, the biological clock is ticking loud and in order to preserve the human species sex drive goes up, so that women have more sex and procreate. Sex drive for men peaks at 18ish.

With that, she should want to have more sex. I agree that it could be hormones or depression. Maybe she's depressed and doesn't know it, or knows it but doesn't want to admit it. Happened to me. Maybe she needs a woman to get her going. Happened to me to
no---- birth control pills do not lower sex drive. .
signing a marriage license w/o a prenup does that.
if birth control pills lowered sex drive there would be no marriages.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:36 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,864,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katestar View Post

I don't think we're going to help the OP by suggesting he get his wife into women!

Old 04-23-2012, 02:37 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,376,816 times
Quote:
THIS is your (her) problem. If you two can figure out how to correct this, she will want to have sex with you, but to be honest, if she hasn't sought individual help to figure out what her problem is with intimacy, she may never.

I cant imagine going through life like this. She has to explore herself and get familiar with her body and what works for her. If she can't agree to do so, she will remain frigid and I wouldn't blame you (or any man) for leaving her. I'm assuming this poor women has never pleasured herself as well?
I remember a friend of mine, at 40 years old, had to finally teach his wife how to pleasure herself. She had never, ever tried. It is SO weird to me that there are women out there who don't care for sex...

Old 04-23-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
I don't think we're going to help the OP by suggesting he get his wife into women!
I wasn't suggesting it, just a thought I know women who were married to men and couldn't really get turned on, then had a woman and it was like wow!

5,653 posts, read 5,170,897 times
Default Can't have it both ways (sex + good wife)

Rubbish. I have both and as long as they never meet it's all good.

8,679 posts, read 15,314,615 times
Quote:
Is this a common myth that birth control lowers ones sex drive? I was on depo for 6 years, on the pill for 1 and am now on Implanon (tiny rod inserted into my arm). I haven't noticed any loss of my sex drive. All of my friends are on the pill and they have sex with their boyfriends like rabbits.
It's not a myth.

[URL="http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1987870,00.html"]Does the Pill Cut Women's Sex Drive? New Study Sees Link - TIME[/URL]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships