Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 11:15 AM

40,976 posts, read 49,320,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It's quite possible to have both, but I don't know if it's possible in your situation because you are already married to someone who is not both.
JJ, you are so right. You and I both know it's so possible to have both.

It's many times not the women who lack the fire, it's the men who don't know how to light the flame.

It is so very possible to have it all. I know.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:18 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,946,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR76 View Post
I've come to the conclusion that the types of women who make a good wife are generally relatively boring and/or stingy lovers with lower than average libidos.

Let me clarify - I am NOT expecting a slave. I am married to a woman who is wonderful in all ways except one, and that's that she has no libido and when we do have sex, she lies there like a mannequin. I don't expect to have clean socks and food on the table or anything archaic, just someone who is faithful, a partner, and who loves me fully and doesn't look for any outside action.

I haven't cheated, and won't. I do, however, use this board to vent a little bit at times and have to please myself often.

I romance her, I treat her well, etc., but she is NEVER in the mood. In fact, in our counseling sessions, she admits she has "never really enjoyed sex, and never had much desire for it".

Women I've dated who were sexual vixens got bored with me after a while, or, cheated on me.

Am I right? Is it almost impossible to find a woman who is good marriage material AND has the kind of sex drive that most men would like their wife to have??

It seems so, and here on this site, it also seems like most of the women who admit to having a high libido are bisexual/bicurious, don't marry and don't want to, etc. etc. etc.
Should've had more sense than to marry a cold fish. It's not bright to marry someone who is different than the type of woman you like. If I meet a woman and she has very little libido even while I'm still young and good looking, she'll be way worse when I look like a wrinkled old raisin. Human lack of logic never ceases to astound me. Every man should be forced by law to watch a season of Everybody Loves Raymond before marriage.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:28 AM

36,701 posts, read 31,000,643 times
Quote:
I've come to the conclusion that the types of women who make a good wife are generally relatively boring and/or stingy lovers with lower than average libidos.

that she has no libido and when we do have sex, she lies there like a mannequin.
I romance her, I treat her well, etc., but she is NEVER in the mood.

Women I've dated who were sexual vixens got bored with me after a while, or, cheated on me.

Am I right? Is it almost impossible to find a woman who is good marriage material AND has the kind of sex drive that most men would like their wife to have??

It seems so, and here on this site, it also seems like most of the women who admit to having a high libido are bisexual/bicurious, don't marry and don't want to, etc. etc. etc.
The fact that your wife dosent want to have sex with you and other women you dated got bored or went else where for sex would indicated to me that the problem may be you. As rankin said, some men just dont know how to light the flame, or keep it burning.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:30 AM

5,988 posts, read 10,489,536 times
Mine is both, plus very smart and attractive. Such women exist - finding them and having them fall in love with you is the hard part!

Old 04-23-2012, 11:36 AM

773 posts, read 1,261,748 times
OP, if you knew this before you married your wife and married her anyway thinking things would "change," shame on you for not knowing better. People don't change their inherent preferences, and a low libido is one of them.

If she once enjoyed sex with you, maybe there's hope ...

But as to your question — is it possible to find a loving, faithful woman who adores having sex? Absolutely! I fit that description right down the line. My S.O. is totally scrumptious, and we've been together for some time now. I still fantasize about the man.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:37 AM

40,976 posts, read 49,320,047 times
Tim...

Take her out of town for the weekend. Get away from the local stress, kids and have a nice relaxing weekend.

Then talk to her. Tell her that you both have a problem and you need help understanding. Not sure how old you are but have you both had a physical and hormones tested ? Both women and men have levels of testosterone and when the levels drop so does desire.

Talk & Communicate. Find out what is wrong in your relationship.

Ask and you might receive but don't judge or be critical. It's your problem as a couple not her or your problem.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:37 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,213,669 times
It is possible to have it both ways. But it sounds like it is just not possible for you to have it both ways because you are already married to someone who does not enjoy sex. I assure you - there are plenty of good wives out there who love sex. Being a good wife and being bad in bed are not mutually exclusive - just like being a bad wife and being good in bed are not mutually exclusive.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:43 AM

12,974 posts, read 34,003,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadedDreams View Post
So why did you end up with a Euro wife? Why did you let the opportunities with those Latinas go by you?
As I said in the very first sentence of my post - "BOTH European and latina women.........". Looks like you completely missed that part.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:50 AM

398 posts, read 699,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
The fact that your wife dosent want to have sex with you and other women you dated got bored or went else where for sex would indicated to me that the problem may be you. As rankin said, some men just dont know how to light the flame, or keep it burning.
Yep! Referencing your own words. May be time to ask the wife directly (in or out of counseling) about the problem. If this is important to you, and understandable if it is, and she won't change or communicate about it, maybe time to think about other options.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:53 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,291,367 times
Quote:
Would have to ask their husbands if they agree that their wife has a high libido. It would be like men proclaiming that they are romantic and sweet but ask their wives and see what they say about it.

Married women not having sex once married seems to be common. There has even been quite a couple of threads as of lately about it. But there may be some married women out there of course who do like to have sex as much as their husband and will do what it takes to do it. Hey, when you like something you don’t find excuses to NOT do it, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.