Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 08:45 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,201,771 times

Advertisements

Well yeah, this is common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 08:56 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,802,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
umm, i'm Could you edit your post so it can be easily understood or can someone please interpret it to me...?
I'm with you, on the confusion. The OP is: "luvmykidS", almost understood in the plural sense, kids. Yet she speaks of having only one with her husband.
Does she have more than one child? It was my grandmother that shared this adage with me: "When the wolf knocks at the door, love jumps out the window".
When I got married 46 years ago, one line of the wedding vows went like this: "for better or worse, in sickness or in health, for richer or poorer, til death do
us part." Thank God that the unemployment index was much lower then, than it is today. Although she admits that her dh is a good father, she doesn't seem
to quite understand that as parents, we're obligated to be good to our children, providing them with love as the foremost part of that obligation. Marriage is
more than money, or who has a better paying job, it's about love, unless you happen to be born a Kardashian or a Hilton, grown marital partners need, at all
costs, to sacrifice as neccessary, for their children.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:59 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,688,356 times
Maybe by KIDS, she is counting her husband as one?

Old 11-21-2011, 09:26 PM

479 posts, read 836,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykids08_10 View Post
He didn't change till AFTER we said "I do". We we're both working and saving and then we got married, I got a better paying job, and he started doing things to intentionally get him fired. He wont work a full-time job.
ahahaha,

That's just awesome! Maleism rocks!

Last edited by tegota; 11-21-2011 at 09:42 PM..

Old 11-22-2011, 06:03 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,221,387 times
Want all the protections and rights of being an empowered woman, yet still expecting the man to bring home all the bacon...

Awesome entitlement. If you married for the right reasons it wouldn't matter.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:37 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,806,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
I'm with you, on the confusion. The OP is: "luvmykidS", almost understood in the plural sense, kids. Yet she speaks of having only one with her husband.
Does she have more than one child?
She obviously has more than one child, but only one with her current husband.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:39 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,806,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Want all the protections and rights of being an empowered woman, yet still expecting the man to bring home all the bacon...

She didn't say he had to "bring home ALL the bacon".

She just said SHE doesn't want to have to support HIM and her kids all by herself - and that's reasonable, not "entitled".

Old 11-22-2011, 07:52 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,475,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
i think shes asking me to have her babies
That's how I interpreted this.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:03 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,767,804 times
OP, obviously it wouldn't be sensible to have more children with your husband if (a) you're not happy with him or the marriage and (b) he can't support children period. You should never have more children than you can afford.

Has your husband actually refused to take full time jobs he's been offered or can he only find part time employment at this time?

If you haven't already gone for counseling (whether with him or without him) then I suggest you do so. If you've reached the end of your tether then seek a divorce and raise your children by yourself (with of course his regular contribution for the child he fathered).

Old 11-22-2011, 08:03 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,699,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post

Her husband intentionally tries to get himself fired and won't hold a full-time job. You're calling HER entitled?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships