Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 08:43 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,752,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
As I said earlier, people have a "right" to pick juicy boogers and slurp them down while sitting next to you at dinner. They have a "right" to let out loud farts or tell crude jokes while sitting next to you while you're out with the church choir discussing next year's hymn selection.
Francois, you crack me up !!!! LOL!! If you do end up picking "juicy boogers" and letting "out loud farts" at a resturant, please be warned that EVERY 8 year old boy is going to come out of the wood work and want to sit near you. While they may not do these things in public (for fear of punishments such as loosing their Nintendo DS's for life), they secretly pine to do them, and they enjoy in the revelry of someone part taking in their favorite forbidden past time. They will gather around you like their holy grail in their little awestruck states.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:18 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,209,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytarheelz View Post
Good grief, is it really necessary to pick apart every single thing I say?
When discussing/debating an issue, the whole idea is one person says something, the other addresses that reply, and so on. Replies can be a general comment on the whole or point-by-point kind of thing. Beyond that, I was not trying to "pick apart" what you said per se.

Frankly I think it's debatable whether your unwillingness to further address this is trying to "be big about it" or cutting your losses but no big. Besides, I think much of what you've said was due to misunderstanding vs really having a totally opposite mindset. I don't get the impression anyone here thinks an obnoxious kid in a restaurant is a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
exactly it's bill opinion that there needs to be control of kids in adult type restaurants (restaurants that serve alcohol)
Actually, I'm saying that about all restaurants - and in fact, ALL public places, to one degree or other, although that's getting off topic...

Quote:
It not a dead horse if it still kicking
lol

Quote:
Everyone can share what they feel in this forum without having some member to think they can dictate what someone posts to stop posting about a issue they fee that l is an issue in the triangle area.
That won't stop some from trying though (PS this is far from the worst example) - anyway -

Quote:
The op imo wish restaurants would take better stance folks with children perhaps give them the old smoking sections that restaurants use to or still have.
Interesting idea.....but would only work if it was sound-proof. Really I would much prefer that parents simply be (responsible) parents and considerate human beings. Amazing how that's asking so much for so many nowdays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENOF3 View Post
Sweetie, just let it go.
Some people, ESPECIALLY on the internet, are very comfy in their ignorance.
You got that right.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary