Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2007, 06:51 PM

4 posts, read 10,722 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are coming to Raleigh next week, with our 10 month old twins, to look for a house. We will be staying in Durham-Chapel Hill, but looking in the Holly Springs area. We would love any recommendations on good places to eat, both lunch and dinner. We would love to find a good barbeque spot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2007, 07:54 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,038,646 times
In chapel hill I love the 501 diner (on 15-501 on the edge of the eastgate shopping center) the food is yummy (especially the corn flake french toast) and it is loud enough that no one will notice loud babies.......(if they get loud!!). It does get crowded, so earlier is better.

And, my sister, brother in law, mom, and their kids just went to margaret's in chapel hill and raved about it again (mexican). We used to go all of the time, but hadn't been in a while.

In holly springs, honestly, I haven't lived there in a while and it didn't have tons of restaurants when I was there! People liked going to the bass lake ale house but I always found it smokey, so that didn't gel well with my little ones. There is a good pizza place in holly springs called homegrown pizza (across from the entrance to sunset ridge subdivision) and they have a nice outside area (it should be warm enough this weekend).

Hope this helps
Leigh

Old 03-20-2007, 08:07 PM

237 posts, read 1,029,849 times
red robin in cary or apex is a good family burger place. my kids love it there. also o'charleys kids eat free. not sure if your 10mos old are eating table food yet

Old 03-21-2007, 01:35 PM

1,994 posts, read 5,965,067 times
Elmo's in Chapel hill is probably the most family friendly place we've seen. It's a diner style restauraunt in Carr Mill mall. Also, if the weather's nice it is hard to beat grabbing food inside and then sitting on the lawn at Weaver Street Market.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:41 PM

4 posts, read 21,991 times
Default I second Red Robin

That's been a favorite of ours since we discovered it.

Dan

Old 03-21-2007, 09:10 PM

56 posts, read 414,521 times
Looking for BBQ? This page will help http://hkentcraig.com/BBQ.html

Old 03-21-2007, 09:43 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,235,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifaroono View Post
My husband and I are coming to Raleigh next week, with our 10 month old twins, to look for a house. We will be staying in Durham-Chapel Hill, but looking in the Holly Springs area. We would love any recommendations on good places to eat, both lunch and dinner. We would love to find a good barbeque spot!

If you are staying near Chapel Hill and want some good barbecue, check out Allen & Sons.....doesn't look like much from the outside but the food is great

Old 03-21-2007, 09:58 PM

991 posts, read 4,619,991 times
I visited NC last year twice, I love it! We ate at the Texas Roadhouse it was nice and for a fast meal there is The Cookout we thought it was great.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:48 PM

1,531 posts, read 7,410,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toot68 View Post
Elmo's in Chapel hill is probably the most family friendly place we've seen. It's a diner style restauraunt in Carr Mill mall. Also, if the weather's nice it is hard to beat grabbing food inside and then sitting on the lawn at Weaver Street Market.
Actually, that's Carrboro not Chapel Hill. (I know I know...nitpicking, but the locals are sensitive about that.)
There's a second Elmo's also....in Durham on Ninth Street. No big patio, but a bigger dining area inside.

I love that place. For years, I've hoped Elmo's would open a third location and put it near me in Raleigh. (Wishful thinking, but I've always thought the old Darryls spot on Hillsborough Street would be perfect for them!)
And I normally avoid "family" restaurants....but still love Elmo's--they're THAT good!

Old 03-22-2007, 02:20 PM

405 posts, read 1,771,158 times
There's an Elmo's in Durham too, on 9th street. We've gone there COUNTLESS times with my now 21-month old. IMO, it's the most family friendly restaurant in town--plus, it's cheap, quick, and good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary