Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2008, 01:41 PM

535 posts, read 1,741,208 times

Advertisements

You could contact NC WCH (Childlren and Youth old home) and see if they have any suggestions. If the kid was under 3 the CDSAs could do a referral but after 3 the school systems can take over.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 02:11 PM

850 posts, read 4,739,625 times
To Baby We's Mom, I second Project Enlightenment. They should be able to help you out.

Back to the original question, I don't think it's fair, appropriate, etc. to send your child to a school that is not in your county. You are not paying taxes for these schools, so you have no right to attend them. If you want a better education for your child, then you should move to the area of the schools you'd like for them to attend and pay your dues just like the rest of us. Cheating the system, while done, can certainly come back to haunt you, not to mention set a bad example for your child as PP mentioned.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:25 PM

316 posts, read 1,006,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonnatellonu View Post
Indeed. Perhaps you alert all the highschools/middle/elementary schools of this! How dare these parents want a better school enviroment for their children! Shame on them, indeed! Busy body much?
Not a shame for a parent wanting a good school for their children, but there are rules and if they can't make the commitment to live in the area of the school system they want and try to by-pass the rules want to commit fraud....well, they should be called on it.

Wake County is having enough problems with money for it's students that we don't need anyone from another county trying to sneak in. Really, if you want Wake County schools...MOVE to Wake County in the first place.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:32 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,163,520 times
I'm absolutely disgusted at some of the stuff I'm reading in this thread. Falsifying an address to get a kid into a better school system is wrong. And Gonnatellonu's attitude of entitlement is just as bad. The only people who are entitled to go to Wake County schools are those who pay Wake County taxes or work for it. Fraud, deceit, lying, self-entitlement ... what wonderful values to see. The sound you hear now is me retching.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:33 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,447,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby we's mom View Post
Our son is currently 3yrs old and will turn 4 in March. We are beginning to suspect that he might have ADA or ADHD. Unfortunately, because of his age, no one is willing to test him for this problem because they think he is "too young" for this type of disorder. In his short life, he has already been expelled from 1 day care center, pulled by us from the 2nd and is now on the verge of being asked to leave a 3rd center. Our Son is a very loving and sweet boy when he wants to be. However, he can't seem to follow directions, tends not to look you in the eye when being spoken too, doesn't answer to his name the first time you call him, refuses to participate in art or writing activities with his peers, has night terrors during nap time and wakes up at least once most nights. He hasn't completed his potty training yet, but he clearly understands the need for it. He is allergic to peanuts and has eczema which that alone makes life a little bit more difficult. My husband and I are about at the end of our rope. We would like any information on possible support groups to discuss this problem further.
I agree with previous posters - an evaluation could surely be done. Doctors are wary of diagnosing ADA/ADHD at any age because it's such a broad concept.

Whatever you do, don't go into it expecting a confirmation for or against ADA/ADHD....there may be other explanations....

Old 12-16-2008, 11:52 AM

16 posts, read 53,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
. The sound you hear now is me retching.

**wild applause* great drama!

Old 03-13-2009, 01:27 PM

14 posts, read 35,994 times
Just send the kid to Harnett County Schools and be done with it. Your kid is probably a typical average kid (although most parents think their kids are brilliant). They have teachers, they have classrooms and they have books. Trust me, your kid will learn.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:33 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
no matter how often it is done, it is still fraud.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:40 PM

932 posts, read 3,096,607 times
You can pay to send him to a Wake County School. I don't know the details, but this was taken from the WCPSS website:

"Tuition is charged for students who live outside Wake County and are accepted for enrollment in a public school within the county.

The rate of tuition is set each year by the Board of Education. Tuition for the 2008-2009 school year is $4,083.10 per child.

Specific questions regarding tuition should be directed to the Growth and Planning Department."

FAQ: ENROLLMENT: Who must pay tuition to attend a WCPSS school? (http://www.wcpss.net/faqs/130.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary