Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 07:15 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,673,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieF View Post
Not snowing in Raleigh yet, but everything is cancelled. That is still so funny to me, being from a place that you went when the snow was up to your knees. It won't last 13 days though, sorry. Well got to getto the grocery for dog food :-)
Yeah, I still can't get used to schools being cancelled BEFORE the snow hits...but it doesn't happen too often so it really isn't a biggie...just odd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2007, 07:31 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,656,498 times
I think that is more the rule than the exception now, cancelling on forecasts. Too much liability and dual working parents these days.

Old 02-01-2007, 07:54 AM

5,265 posts, read 16,598,569 times
well...there's about an inch and a half on the ground right now and it is still coming down pretty steady....we're definitely going to get more out of this one than we did 2 weeks ago.

Old 02-01-2007, 07:58 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,299,727 times
The Drive downtown this morning was great. The roads were just fine and there was almost no traffic! Hopefully there wouln't be any ice this afternoon and the drive home after work will be just as good! I had to stop by the Archdale Building in the State Government Complex downtown to drop off some work related reports and took a moment to snap a few pics of the snow event downtown.

View Looking North From Downtown (Peace Street Area) Peace College Campus on the Right and Seaboard Station on the Left.

View Look South of downtown within the State Government Complex (You can just barely see the Wachovia Building in the upper Right Hand Corner).

Old 02-01-2007, 08:21 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,012,850 times
It is coming down pretty and white here in Holly Springs. It has been snowing since around 8amish. It is about 10:30 right now. It is beautiful. Many of the kids in the neigborhood are out front having snow ball fights. You can't beet that! I just love it!

Old 02-01-2007, 11:26 AM

110 posts, read 438,944 times
great pictures NorthRaleighGuy!! I wish I was there!! I miss the change of seasons.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:19 PM

607 posts, read 2,432,396 times
Please please please send more pictures. I am going to be there tomorrow night. Please make the snow stay.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:26 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,673,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardlips View Post
Please please please send more pictures. I am going to be there tomorrow night. Please make the snow stay.
I think you are going to miss it....it's already gone in most places.

Old 02-01-2007, 09:16 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,782,946 times
Bless the exaggerated hearts of those who said that it was going to be a whopper. 2 weeks ago, I really thought there was a lot more snow. I drove in it all day today from Durham to east of Raleigh to Chapel Hill and not one slip or slide or problem. As a matter of fact, the drive today was better than most days, and most days I just cruise along.

Honestly, it was pretty all the flurries coming at me toward the windshield, but the concern was sooooo highly exaggerated. Kind of like the boy that cried wolf. But better safe than sorry, I suppose. Although, I did see a lot of people braking for no apparent reason though, and that can be pretty scary in the middle of the highway.

Old 02-02-2007, 01:58 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,598,569 times
I think the reason that they are so overly concerned and cautions about snow in the forecast these past few years is becaus of what happened back in Jan. 2000. They had originally forcasted about 2-4 inches to fall on I believe a monday (maybe tuesday...heck, some school day is all I remember)...the day before the snow got here they kept on saying 2-4 inches...then a few hours before they were saying 3-5, 6-7.....low and behold, overnight.....it snowed over 20 inches at the airport, with reported snowfalls as high as 27 inches in other parts of the triangle (including cary, where we lived at the time).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary