Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 07:37 AM

6 posts, read 20,542 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are interested in relocating from the Orlando FL. area to Clayton NC. We were looking at the Riverwood & Flowers Plantation subdivisions. I was hoping I could get some great feedback on these two places in regards to schools, commute (Raleigh & RTP), the new I-540 Highway and its proximity to Clayton. The homes look beautiful and well affordable. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2006, 07:53 AM

653 posts, read 2,988,094 times
These are great neighborhoods, and Clayton has seen fantastic growth in the last couple years - expect that to continue as the road projects catch up with the population. Still, even with the new 540, 70, etc, commuting to RTP from Clayton won't be a walk in the park. err, to the Park... nevermind. I'd still put it at a 45 minute commute after the roads are finished.Of course, being in Orlando, you've probably already got quite a "fun" commute, so if that's not a problem, then go for it!

Old 12-13-2006, 12:24 PM

567 posts, read 2,142,546 times
My husband and I lived in Clayton for about a year and enjoyed it very much! We looked all over the triangle and found that Clayton offered larger lots and privacy.

The Clayton Newcomers & Neighbors Club was very helpful to us and the members were very nice.

Please PM me if you want more information on the Flowers Plantation area!

Good luck looking!

Old 12-13-2006, 03:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,172 times
I am from Philadelphia - and thinking about moving to clayton - riverwood.
does the flowers plantation development go to Riverwood Elementary School?
how far are the hospitals from clayton ( I am a nurse) my husband is in construction business. i have 2 kids one in high school and one in elementary school. what is around for the teenagers to do? thanks

Old 12-13-2006, 03:50 PM

152 posts, read 623,020 times
My husband and I are currently living in Orlando and love the look of Flowers Plantation. Homes are half the price of where we are currently living.
I have 3 dogs so living on an acre plus homesite would be wonderful.
We are off to look day after Christmas..

Old 12-14-2006, 05:38 AM

214 posts, read 702,136 times
Flowers Plantation is split between River Dell Elementary and East Clayton Elementary. Middle School is Riverwood. A new school is going to be built over by Glen Laurel so assignments will likely change.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:37 AM

52 posts, read 226,447 times
That's funny-we live in Orlando as well and have to move around March/April. Does anyone have any idea of the approximate commute time from this area to northeast Raleigh(capital1 and 440) during rush hour? That's the thing that is inhibiting us. Five years ago in Orlando we started with a 30 min commute and it has rapidly gone to an 1 hr commute due to growth.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:10 PM

6 posts, read 20,542 times
Yeah same here. 5 years ago it was a 30 minute commute to the surrounding areas of Orlando. Way to congested around here along with the rapid Homeowners Insurance increase and property taxes. Florida is just not the way it used to be.

Old 12-15-2006, 05:38 PM

567 posts, read 2,142,546 times
Default Newcomers Club & Commuting

Hi all,

This link to the Clayton Newcomers & Neighbors Club may be beneficial:
http://www.claytonnewcomers.com/

Regarding the commute to North Raleigh.... I used to do that daily. It took me about 40 minutes and I worked at the corner of Lake Boone Trail and Blue Ridge Rd. (near Rex Hospital). I had to be there for 8:00 and left at 5:00. The beltline (440) usually moves a lot faster than I-40. I'd much rather go to North Raleigh than the Cary/Apex/Morrisville area.

For Clayton subdivisions - don't overlook Neuse Colony and Neuse Colony Estates. These neighborhoods have larger lots and nice trees, plus walking trails. They are across the street from the Flowers Plantation subdivisions, but still on Flowers land.

Last edited by Erin1264; 12-15-2006 at 05:41 PM.. Reason: needed to add something

Old 12-15-2006, 09:38 PM

1,790 posts, read 6,521,703 times
I have heard the term North Raleigh up here a lot and my educated guess would be its the sprawl that grew northward of the city and beltline. I was just curious what the population of N Ral is. Thanks to all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary