Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2006, 07:56 AM

312 posts, read 1,904,892 times

Advertisements

What do you think of this subdivision?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2006, 12:57 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,563,074 times
I'm a new realtor in the Raleigh area. I can check around for you and find out if anyone has any info on that subdivision. I do know it is really growing fast out in Garner.

Old 10-23-2006, 01:11 AM

18 posts, read 59,306 times
I just toured the entire two subdivisions, Lionsgate and Riverwood, still on the fence, the houses are close together and mostly vinyl siding...the amenities are unmatched in 4 states though....

Old 10-31-2006, 10:18 AM

10 posts, read 35,688 times
Default LionsGate

We are still considering LionsGate. There are several houses for sale in the area with more square feet for less money. You can join the LionsGate gym and swimming pool for a monthly fee and buy a house that has no community fee. We have been renting an apartment for several months trying to figure out what we would like to do too. Good luck!

Old 10-31-2006, 10:35 AM

22 posts, read 130,719 times
I live in Riverwood Athletic club. Love it!! After 16 months though. Depends where you are relocating from. Flowers Plantation is pretty. I love Riverwood for the EXCELLENT schools, and the convenience of all the ammenities. You have indoor/outdoor pools, golf, schools on the premesis, the gym, walking trails, and a few stores, child development center...etc. Depends if you have children and where it may benefit you. Riverwood Athletic Club's tax rate is 1.27 per thousand and Flowers Plantation and Riverwood Golf club and probably LionsGate (not positive) tax rate is less at like .86 cents per thousand. But everyone winds up joining Riverwood with a montly fee anyway so there are the tax savings lost.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:18 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,619,016 times
Default Looking in Riverwood...

I wanted to bring this thread to the surface and see if anyone may be able to add to it. Our closing date on our home in NJ is the end of Marchhttp://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/532c7a6d.gif (broken link)and we are looking in Riverwood Golf and Athletic Club at the moment. Can anyone give some feedback on this S/D? We are initially going to rent first and we like the idea of a 6 month lease where others in Clayton only offer a 12 month. We were also pleased with the school ratings and we love all the amenities. Thanks in advance for any and all feedback. Jeannie

Old 01-26-2008, 11:14 AM

850 posts, read 3,625,646 times
Yay Jeannie...glad to hear things are rolling right along! We belong to the Riverwood Athletic Club which is an AWESOME pool (2 outdoor actually and one indoor) that has a "spray" ground for younger set and a 3 story tunnel slide for the older. Plus when you join, you have access to the sister pools (Lion's Gate and Tralee, which are further away but nice for a change).
Plus you get golf (which we don't do) and a nice gym (with no charge fitness classes).

You can see what's available online as far as houses go. My guess is the homes are on smaller lots but I think Flowers might be the smallest lots of the bunch in this area. I was looking last night for someone here and noticed a S/D called River Hills (has a pool I think) that looks to have some amazing homes at a really good price on larger lots compared to most of the community type S/D (Riverwood, Flowers,etc).

Whether you get Riverwood, E.Clayton or River Dell(Flowers) elementary, you will be happy! Our neighborhood used to be Riverwood Elem and they changed it to River Dell when that school was built but grandfathered in all the students all ready here. No one wanted to change from Riverwood. BUT I think most of them did this year as they cut bussing to the grandfathered in students. I digress...point is that they are all good schools.

And keep in mind that some part of this area may end up incorporated and called "Archer Lodge" as it is still in process (and I've just heard we got enough signatures to apply for the incorporation). You can see the projected town limits at;
Archer Lodge Incorporation Information

Lauren
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary