Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 05:53 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NuYorkers View Post
My wife and I are interested in relocating from the Orlando FL. area to Clayton NC. We were looking at the Riverwood & Flowers Plantation subdivisions. I was hoping I could get some great feedback on these two places in regards to schools, commute (Raleigh & RTP), the new I-540 Highway and its proximity to Clayton. The homes look beautiful and well affordable. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I think, if I remember correctly, that cakeprincess from this board lives in flowers plantation. Try and send her a message, she could give you the insider scoop!

Leigh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2006, 06:19 PM

312 posts, read 1,904,976 times
Hi 2NuYorkers! I agreed with you about Florida is getting too expensive and frustrating. We used to live in Daytona Beach area. I can tell you that commuting here is better than Orlando. We just moved to Clayton few months ago and we love it! We are currently living in Flowers Plantation and our child attends Riverdell. As for his middle school, he will go to Riverwood Middle School. For high school, I have been told and read some articles about the possibility of building a new high school not too far from Riverdell.

We love Flowers Plantation because our lot is bigger; home plan has more square footage, good school, and more. Before we buy our new home, we did looked at Riverwood subdivision and it doesn't meet our needs (lot too small, higher home owner association yearly rate, too expensive house, etc.)

It's a good idea for you and your family to stop and visit both Riverwood and Flowers Plantation - this way it will gives you a better picture and feel.

waks - children that lives in Flowers Plantation go to Riverdell Elementary and Riverwood Middle School. As for hospital distance - we have two hospitals, which are Wake Med (most of us called "Big Wake") and Johnston Memorial. From Flowers Plantation to Wake Med took us 20 minutes to drive. As for Johnston Memorial, it's in Smithfield, which is south of Clayton and took us 20 minutes to drive, too. Wake Med is nicer than Johnston Memorial. Wake Med do have a great benefits for nurses. I've applied for some jobs there, but decided to work for the Government anyway

diddy02 - yes, Flowers do have big lot. They have all different sizes of lots there. Our lot is almost 1/2 and our children (a child and a dog!) LOVE to play on our backyard.

jamieshel88 - I heard about that, too. I also heard that they are going to build a new school in between Riverwood and Riverdell Elementary, so it might be a high school, but we will find out more in year 2007.

lisads - Hi lisads! We're Floridians, too! We are now living in Clayton and officially became North Carolinans. You'll love it here. Speaking of driving time between here and northeast Raliegh, it depends on which road you drive on. It can take anywhere from 20 to 35 minutes.

Good luck on your house hunting, and Happy Holidays!

Old 12-19-2006, 07:15 PM

6 posts, read 20,537 times
Thanks for the great information. We are going to look at both Flowers & Riverwood. I have heard all the same information in regards to lot size and costs in Riverwood. The gold membership was a great + plus for me in Riverwood. We are really looking forward to coming up there real soon to look around. We were initially looking at Cary but I have heard all the pros & cons and it does not appear to suit my needs. We then were going to look at Holly Sprinds & Apex but the Nuclear Power Plant is a real turn off. I know people have said it does not bother them but I live approximately 15 miles from one here in Orlando and I fear it everyday. Thanks again for everyone's input and informative information.

Old 01-26-2007, 01:49 PM

546 posts, read 2,417,453 times
Don't forget to check out Broadmoor subdivison. It is very convenient to schools, shopping and highways. It also has great amenities and large lots. That is by FAR my favorite neighborhood in Clayton! Good Luck!

Old 01-26-2007, 02:31 PM

1,484 posts, read 4,155,832 times
Default cleveland area?

Can someone please tell me the pros and cons of the cleveland area where the Broadmoor subdivision is? Schools? I am in Wake now and I am not happy with the recent year round decisions and I dont think this has happended there yet? I have a 2 month old and I would like a new or newer house on a approx 3/4 acre lot from 250 to 350. What other sub. are in the cleveland area. I commute to cary. Thanks

Old 10-25-2007, 09:45 AM

68 posts, read 180,487 times
I started in Flowers and looked in Riverwood myself. I chose Taft Woods, it's a really nice neighborhood. My kids go to River Dell, I am so happy there.

Last edited by mm34b; 10-27-2007 at 03:13 PM.. Reason: Edited to comply with City-Data's Terms of Service - Offer of goods or services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary