Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 06:28 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,701,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Danger View Post
I have said several times now that no one is saying there was no crime at all. We're discussing the recent changes/increases. The warning from the town of Wake Forest is in their current 'newsletter'. In the years I have been receiving it I have never seen an article about the recent spike in crime and what to do to try and prevent it.
THen you were the one that hasn't been paying attention because I've seen periodical statements saying that in the town newsletter, the Wake Weekly and on the town website for over the past decade. every time there's a spree of burglaries they publish that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 10:01 AM

633 posts, read 1,164,447 times
I'm saying the majority of those types of crimes are from drug use in the area, stealing off stoops, out of cars and garages, burglaries etc. Sure, some kids vandalize for no reason, but those usually aren't your honor students. Yes, parents sometimes will believe kids when they give a bogus story because it is very, very difficult to believe otherwise.

Left ignored, this problem doesn't go away, it festers. I put this out there, not for a huge debate (one can talk to the PD, look up information on line themselves) but to educate those to what is BEHIND it. I believe knowledge is power.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_M View Post
If you are looking to move to a place with no crime, no drug use, it does not exist. There is less crime here then other areas. I am not sure what you are looking to get out of this thread. You keep bringing everything back to heroin use and while I am not going to deny that there is some it is far from an epidemic. Plus not everyone commits a crime for drugs. Some people steel for the money.

It is epidemic, please do the research yourself. HUGE EPIDEMIC in the United States. I am not being rude, or disrespectful, but it is as bad as I have written.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
There is an uptick but thst doesn't mean the area is unsafe or headed downhill. The only crime in my Wake Forest neighborhood has been some teen boys getting into unlocked cars for spare change. They left laptops, phones and other valuable items. Really do you think they would have if they were desperate for drug money?

Yes they would, because there are trackers on those, and they can score for 6 dollars.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Sure. I just don't believe it. All unlocked..only spare change... No I grew up in Queens NY this does not pass the smell test. The very fishy smell test.

Carlos, Jackson Heights here!!! But Scarlet, Queens has nothing to do with it, drug use is all over, every area, every geographic. Actually the more affluent an area, the more drug abuse. People don't share that their kid has a problem, or their brother etc because there is such a stigma attached to it. Yes, kids, people, will steal petty change and leave electronics because with the trackers on them now it is hard sell. A bag of Heroin is 6 bucks, yes, they will take your change.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:35 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,701,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazellect View Post
Carlos, Jackson Heights here!!! But Scarlet, Queens has nothing to do with it, drug use is all over, every area, every geographic. Actually the more affluent an area, the more drug abuse. People don't share that their kid has a problem, or their brother etc because there is such a stigma attached to it. Yes, kids, people, will steal petty change and leave electronics because with the trackers on them now it is hard sell. A bag of Heroin is 6 bucks, yes, they will take your change.
I believe I agreed with you that there is a growing drug problem around the nation....I don't know why the boys that were caught stole the change....nor do I know there parents....I only talked to a few of the people that had their cars gotten into. What is your point here?

Old 09-19-2014, 11:36 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,337,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
What is your point here?
This^^

Old 09-19-2014, 12:58 PM

233 posts, read 191,001 times
Quote:
Sure. I just don't believe it. All unlocked..only spare change... No I grew up in Queens NY this does not pass the smell test. The very fishy smell test.
My neighbor's house was broken into last year and they took many tangible items (gold coins, high end purses, etc.) but not laptop or camcorders. Any 'good' thief isn't going to mess with electronics. The obvious reason is that most electronics now are GPS enabled and fairly easy to track to an extremely precise location - even if the device was wiped clean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary