Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 12:14 PM

544 posts, read 852,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr3stripe View Post
Some local neighborhoods are starting use app called Nextdoor to communicate any crimes and suspicious activity. Our neighborhood watch program is currently evaluating it as a tool for communications and broadcasting urgent text alerts. Seems like a well thought-out app and website.
People in my neighborhood have jumped all over that site. Not only for neighborhood watch issues, but also people ask for recommendations for services, and there has been a fair number of classifieds placed.

People have been quick to post important information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 12:19 PM

613 posts, read 745,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
The only crime in my Wake Forest neighborhood has been some teen boys getting into unlocked cars for spare change.
They were just looking for spare change? Really? Don't be so naive.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:30 PM

54 posts, read 109,664 times
Quote:
There is an uptick but thst doesn't mean the area is unsafe or headed downhill. The only crime in my Wake Forest neighborhood has been some teen boys getting into unlocked cars for spare change. They left laptops, phones and other valuable items. Really do you think they would have if they were desperate for drug money?
The Facebook group that referenced the shady characters in the white pickup who cased my house said they are after metal to sell.

My wife's friend gave us her old lawn furniture when she got new stuff last year. It's a large set and probably fairly expensive. I'm assuming this is what they were after.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:24 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,701,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Danger View Post
They were just looking for spare change? Really? Don't be so naive.
There were 12 cars got into that night...all with the doors unlocked.....and the only thing taken was spare change. Several high dollar items were left behind including at least one lap top, various phones and a camera. If they weren't just after change and money...why didn't they take those items?

It's not a question of being niave....it's that that is the fact.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
There were 12 cars got into that night...all with the doors unlocked.....and the only thing taken was spare change. Several high dollar items were left behind including at least one lap top, various phones and a camera. If they weren't just after change and money...why didn't they take those items?

Sure. I just don't believe it. All unlocked..only spare change... No I grew up in Queens NY this does not pass the smell test. The very fishy smell test.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Sure. I just don't believe it. All unlocked..only spare change... No I grew up in Queens NY this does not pass the smell test. The very fishy smell test.
It really isn't that uncommon down here.....if you haven't guessed...this isn't Queens.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
It really isn't that uncommon down here.....if you haven't guessed...this isn't Queens.

Clueless,

Old 09-16-2014, 03:29 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,768,827 times
Quote:

Talk about sticking your head in the sand .... holy cow

Old 09-16-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
Talk about sticking your head in the sand .... holy cow

You nailed it.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Clueless,
Yp....you are if you are telling me that what went missing and what didn't get stolen is somehow impossible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary