Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2015, 02:00 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,884 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the words all. HR I think the original injury goes back 13 years lift weights with a friend. He did regularly and I didn't. Of course he pushed me and I got hurt. Seemed like it healed for ms ny years but doing my manual pole saw and hedge trimming these last few years has really hurt. Putting luggage in over head compartments 50-75 times a year didn't help. No significant since traumatic incident...it just hurts like hell. Putting the trolling motor on and off is tough. Casting not so bad. Getting dressed and reaching for my wallet are real challenges. Just knew it was torn.

Same Ortho who did my wife's hip last year will do my shoulder. He's a very fine man and a heck of a good surgeon, I think. Oh by the way, zero fish landed today. Had some great snook strikes on the west wall but no hookups. Saw no signs of Reds. Hot out there with very little wind. Put the boat on the lift for the first time in a long time. There she'll sit for about 12 weeks. Sigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 05:27 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,823,257 times
Get well soon! You will be up and fishing in no time!

Old 08-19-2015, 09:48 AM

50 posts, read 68,317 times
Messing About, Hey buddy I knew your shoulder was not good I guess I didn't know it was that bad! I know a couple of guys who have had the surgery and were very glad they did it. It took a little time to recover but was a good thing when healed. We will be heading back down to our house in PG in early October. We want to hook up with you and Mrs. MA as soon as we get back to break bread catch up on things. I can't wait to put the boat in the water that I bought before we left last March. I will be glad to be your some what "inexperienced" charter captain and start working on rebuilding your casting arm back to tournament form! That is the least I can do for the fishing time and knowledge you have shared with me. See you soon.

Bucknut

Old 08-19-2015, 10:43 AM

Thanks SeaRay. I hope so.

October should be good to at least tag along with you Bucknut. Can't wait to test out your boat's draft in the Cutoff. I suppose at least if I'm on-board we can keep an extra snook! Can't wait to see you and yours again.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:29 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,303,911 times
Check out this short 'film' series all about tarpon from Tackle Direct website:

The Migration Film Series by TackleDirect

Scroll down for more episodes...

Enjoy,

Mike G

Old 08-21-2015, 04:44 AM

Another scary example of why we should be very cautious about being in the water with existing cuts/healing wounds. It's important to note the article says this is the first case in Charlotte County. No reason to suspect dangers with fish meat, just don't eat raw oysters or uncooked shrimp.

Port Charlotte man contracts bacteria from beach - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

Old 08-21-2015, 06:31 AM

325 posts, read 507,599 times
I saw this in the paper the other day, definitely concerned about this. I am now rethinking buying a kayak, maybe just use the kayak in the winter.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:06 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,303,911 times
State of ones immune system has something to do with it as well.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafood Junky View Post
Was thinking that, as well, when I read the victim was 72.

I've swam in the the gulf, the rivers and the harbor here many times and have no real fear. I would say the answer is to be aware of any open wounds, cuts or worse on your body and if you have those, don't go. So like when I'm recovering from my open shoulder surgery, I wouldn't want to get in the water until the incisions are fully healed. If you don't have those issues, go for it.

The CC health department publishes their regular water sampling data on the county website, as well. I let that keep me from the freedom swim two years ago.

Old 08-22-2015, 05:22 AM

230 posts, read 407,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafood Junky View Post
I go kayak fishing almost every weekend. I have never even thought twice about it. I always get stuck or am bleeding from something when I fish, it just happens. This will not even slow me down from future water enjoyment. Besides these kinds of bacteria, amoeba, and viruses have been around in the waters for billions of years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte