Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2013, 06:41 AM

260 posts, read 563,100 times

Advertisements

Nice snook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 08:48 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Really NICE!
I was hoping to get out this past week, and this weekend, but the weather is cold and these fish are warm weather partners. They don't like it when its cold, so I'm gonna have to wait till it warms a bit.

The other day I did fish off my dock, and caught a couple big mangrove snapper. Many of you guys that know me know I throw almost everything back, even keeper grouper, reds, and snook (when they had a season for them). That said, I've never eaten a mangrove snapper yet. So, I'm planning a little fish fry in the coming weeks to try them.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:30 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,786,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
Not sure if I'm the only one who fishes here anymore; this topic used to be quite active on CD.
I bought my current place in 2010 shortly after I was in the hospital with a stroke and with having a lot of work to do in the house along with get a smaller boat with the edgewater bridges and worked on it I havnt done much fishing in the harbor . im getting there though alo
most done with the reno's

Old 03-01-2013, 06:11 AM

463 posts, read 866,857 times
Went out on Wednesday and had a great day fishing. The weather was cloudy and cool but the fish were biting. Headed out of Laishleys and was going to get some bait at the channel marker but on the way saw tons of bait fish in 15' of water.After a couple throws with the new net had the livewell full. Went over to bull bay and fished the entrance for a while. The wind picked up so we headed in the bay for about an hour of nothing. Went back out to the entrance and got into some big lady fish and nice trout. About every twenty minutes I would hook a nice Mackeral throwing a bomber red and white swimming mullet.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:31 AM

463 posts, read 866,857 times
I have done my part to help the under privleged fish in the harbor. I have lost at least six shirts since moving here. I get in the boat take my shirt off and put it up in my electronics box. I will look up later to see my shirt is gone. You would think I would learn.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcozad1 View Post
I have done my part to help the under privleged fish in the harbor. I have lost at least six shirts since moving here. I get in the boat take my shirt off and put it up in my electronics box. I will look up later to see my shirt is gone. You would think I would learn.
I keep my shirt on, but have lost a few hats!! Most of the time, they float and I can turn around and fish them out. One hat, I've fished out at least 6 times. It was red when I bought it, but now it's mostly white from all the salt. I think, Hmmmm, maybe I should wash it, then I say nah it shows I'm a salty old cuss with a LOT of experience on the water.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:55 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,884 times
Big House? Geeze, thought maybe you were still in a SB47 coma. Haven't seen you post here about fishing in a while. You still have a boat? This has been the best winter fishing in the 5 years I've lived here. Where you been? Cheating on us in the FM/CC forum?

Old 03-02-2013, 03:41 PM

700 posts, read 1,819,215 times
Quote:
This has been the best winter fishing in the 5 years I've lived here.
NOW you tell me! I was going out today but the high winds kept me in. Had I seen this earlier, I would have been out there good or bad. Maybe tomorrow, same as today but maybe some rain thrown in. "Run with the big dogs or stay on the porch!"
On second thought, just starting to get over a nasty cold that kicked my a$$. Maybe I'll just drink hot chocolate, watch tube and keep covered. Naaaa! To the harbor!

Old 03-02-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Big House? Geeze, thought maybe you were still in a SB47 coma. Haven't seen you post here about fishing in a while. You still have a boat? This has been the best winter fishing in the 5 years I've lived here. Where you been? Cheating on us in the FM/CC forum?
Nope, I'm around.
I did a ton of traveling since October, and when I've wanted to go fishing the weather has been - not so good.
I am hoping the weather improves because I want to go out again soon. This week looks iffy.
I have company coming next weekend - and then I'll be taking my medication through St. Patricks day - My dosage is measured in half cases, goblets, and shots.

Soon buddy, I'm gonna get you out with me. I know, your gonna express your doubts.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:41 AM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,884 times
Looking forward to it, my friend.
I still owe Mike a guided trip off shore on his boat, too.
Grouper opens up again 4/1 and I plan on being out to greet them.

Spending this weekend recovering from an exhausting 6 days teaching in Boston.
Likely grounded next weekend due to having our former hot tub lanai transformed into my new home office.

#missingfishing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte