Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2015, 02:08 PM

202 posts, read 227,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
Thanks MikMal.
Jersey Man, yes, that would have been an available option but I was hell bent on getting to the back bay this day.

I can't wait to read Bucknut's perspective on the day.

Everyone- heres a link to my blog if you'd like to see the Stiffy refurbishing project. The report of our fishing day is essentially the same as what's above but I've added the photos and details of the push pole purchase and paint job. None of my friends and family back home are on City Data so I have to pull double duty.

Messing About in South Florida: BUCKNUT AND THE 21' STIFFY
I just read your blog, it was informative and totally enjoyable. A truthful fisherman who is willing to share is a rare catch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 05:22 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm lady View Post
I just read your blog, it was informative and totally enjoyable. A truthful fisherman who is willing to share is a rare catch.
Thanks very much. I enjoy writing. I've sent a few of my pieces into the waterline but they've never replied, much less published. My personal favorite chapter is this one, from 2008:

Messing About in South Florida: The Prince of Tides .. . . .or . . . . .The Bridges of Charlotte County

I was sooooo green to this area's boating lifestyle back then. I'm on my 3rd boat since this was written.

Last edited by Messing About; 02-05-2015 at 05:33 PM..

Old 02-06-2015, 04:32 AM

413 posts, read 828,343 times
Quote:
Thanks very much. I enjoy writing. I've sent a few of my pieces into the waterline but they've never replied, much less published. My personal favorite chapter is this one, from 2008:

Messing About in South Florida: The Prince of Tides .. . . .or . . . . .The Bridges of Charlotte County

I was sooooo green to this area's boating lifestyle back then. I'm on my 3rd boat since this was written.
Nice read, love it! That boat looks a lot like the 23' sea ox I am intending to purchase it also is a walkaround cuddy. I only have the El Jobean bridge to navigate.

Old 02-06-2015, 04:37 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,964,095 times
Quote:

I think I recall grinding down a few rod tips on the way out of your place one day.... :-)))

Old 02-06-2015, 11:49 AM

202 posts, read 227,552 times
Quote:

Great story. My first question on this forum involved bridge heights for the Charlotte Heights, alligator River, Riviera Lagoons area so I can appreciate what you went through. I faired no better that you in trying to find the bridge heights. Aqua Esta? and Rio something?

Please keep the stories coming.

Old 02-06-2015, 05:02 PM

Thanks for the comments. Yes, WPC, your memory serves you well.
I just got home from a week on the road. Thinking of trying Hog Island Reds tomorrow. Anyone else gonna brave the wind?

Old 02-06-2015, 07:31 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,964,095 times
Quote:
Thanks for the comments. Yes, WPC, your memory serves you well.
I just got home from a week on the road. Thinking of trying Hog Island Reds tomorrow. Anyone else gonna brave the wind?
Wind is supposed to die down some in the afternoon - if it does, I'll work the flat on the south/east side of Hog Island for Pompano

Old 02-07-2015, 03:44 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,823,257 times
Had a great bite on Sheepshead in PGI canals last week

Old 02-07-2015, 05:10 AM

I'm the first one to the L Jobean boat ramp this morning. #topwater
WPC call me if you come out.

Old 02-07-2015, 05:35 AM

413 posts, read 828,343 times
Quote:
I'm the first one to the L Jobean boat ramp this morning. #topwater
WPC call me if you come out.
Good Luck, I await the report with Pics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte