Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2017, 09:06 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
And, once again you feed me a line I refuse to take advantage of.
I commend you on your self control!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 09:56 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
So I went to the store yesterday and got a new kind of face lotion. I was so excited to use it this morning. My hands were a little slippery and i struggled to open it. I kept trying, and unfortunately was unsuccessful. Not only that, I cut my finger trying to open it.

is that a bad omen? Should I just return it now!

Old 01-23-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
So I went to the store yesterday and got a new kind of face lotion. I was so excited to use it this morning. My hands were a little slippery and i struggled to open it. I kept trying, and unfortunately was unsuccessful. Not only that, I cut my finger trying to open it.

is that a bad omen? Should I just return it now!
I would definitely return it - but wait, that's a hassle.

Maybe you should just throw it away instead and just be mad for a little while.

I feel your pain. My husband just bought me some expensive perfume for my birthday. Now - I also have "regular, everyday" perfume (aka cheap perfume). So I have to plan accordingly each day - and I really need to know if I'm going to be stuck "out" all day and then end up going out to eat with my husband - in which case I'd prefer to be wearing my "husband" perfume rather than the cheapo stuff I just splash on most days.

Decisions, decisions.

Oh and GET THIS. The other day I left my house and I had all sorts of important errands to run, some of which actually required me to come across as someone with a bit of sophistication (at least, that's how I saw it). And I totally forgot to wear earrings. That's right - and I was so strapped for time between appointments that I didn't have time to stop and buy any earrings (I have been known to do that in a pinch). So I had to run around all day long sans earrings.

Ye gods.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:09 PM

45,439 posts, read 60,638,057 times
I'm spending way too much time on this website and way too much time in P&OC. The weather needs to clear up so I can get back to goose hunting.

Old 01-24-2017, 03:00 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I would definitely return it - but wait, that's a hassle.

Maybe you should just throw it away instead and just be mad for a little while.

I feel your pain. My husband just bought me some expensive perfume for my birthday. Now - I also have "regular, everyday" perfume (aka cheap perfume). So I have to plan accordingly each day - and I really need to know if I'm going to be stuck "out" all day and then end up going out to eat with my husband - in which case I'd prefer to be wearing my "husband" perfume rather than the cheapo stuff I just splash on most days.

Decisions, decisions.

Oh and GET THIS. The other day I left my house and I had all sorts of important errands to run, some of which actually required me to come across as someone with a bit of sophistication (at least, that's how I saw it). And I totally forgot to wear earrings. That's right - and I was so strapped for time between appointments that I didn't have time to stop and buy any earrings (I have been known to do that in a pinch). So I had to run around all day long sans earrings.

Ye gods.
So I had a napkin and was able to open it. I tried it today and my skin looks awesome on day one! It should work well for my intended purpose.

So I think I'll keep it. And use gloves when it is time for a refill.

And definitely comment on their mold for the lid. Should not remotely be that sharp. Overly fancy lid design. This bottle is quite huge, so at least I have a while before I will need more.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:48 AM

4,190 posts, read 3,405,823 times
We're getting a foot of snow but I only panic-shopped for six inches.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:22 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,655,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I'm spending way too much time on this website and way too much time in P&OC. The weather needs to clear up so I can get back to goose hunting.

What is P&OC? Orange County?

This earthquake repair is really NOISY. There's too much dust on the lounge chairs at the pool. Guess I'll have to take a beach walk.

As for earrings....no one has ever noticed my ears aren't pierced. I think I'm the only female with intact earlobes. Hey, I think I will ask on Fashion and Beauty....(or the lack thereof)

Old 02-09-2017, 01:06 PM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times
Politics might be the P - not sure about the OC.

My stylist cut my short hair a little too short. Now more of my forehead shows and I have to groom my eyebrows much more than usual.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:26 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,848,066 times
The electric seat heater in my truck is playing with me. When it is really cold, I push the button, it goes on and then back off in a few seconds. If it is relatively warm it works find. It is clear to me the computer that runs my truck has become sentient and decided to just mess with me.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
The electric seat heater in my truck is playing with me. When it is really cold, I push the button, it goes on and then back off in a few seconds. If it is relatively warm it works find. It is clear to me the computer that runs my truck has become sentient and decided to just mess with me.
My kids and I call those things "rump roasters." As in , "It's cold in here - let's turn on the rump roasters!"

My first world problem today is that our deductible with our health insurance started all over again so when I went to pick up my husband's prescriptions (he has the flu), they cost $160.

My other first world problem is actually living with a man with the flu.

When I am sick, I want to be left alone. I understand why animals crawl off into the woods to die. I don't want anyone petting on me, or waking me up to check on me, or bringing me food in bed, or anything like that. And God knows, if I'm throwing up, I for damn sure don't want anyone standing there holding my head or patting me on the back. LEAVE ME ALONE.

Not a sick husband. Oh no. I have never in my life heard more carrying on. Groaning, moaning, coughing and then gasping weakly, "Oh lord help me..." And he's in an upstairs bedroom because we're having our master bathroom remodeled and so we moved upstairs. Well. He will call weakly from upstairs and when I go up there he says, "I could use some soup." Use it for what? Honestly, are you going to eat soup in bed? That just doesn't sound like a very good idea.

When I took him to the doctor, he went into the upstairs bathroom and got dressed and then came down - and of course left the light on AND the exhaust fan running. And this is the third time in 24 hours that he's done that. Honestly, I know you're sick, but does this mean you can't manage to turn off a light?

I really don't get it. I know one thing though - I want this man to get well.

I had a flu shot (he didn't) and according to our doctor, the flu shot was for the correct strain this year so I probably won't get this mess. But if I do - I will take care of myself. And that's the way I want it to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology