Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2016, 01:45 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times

Advertisements

My new vehicle is dirty but it's going to rain all week so there's no point in washing it. Dang.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 03:43 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,184,054 times
The hard drive on our workhorse computer died Tuesday.

Trying to decide whether to have it fixed, or whether to buy new.

No easy answers.

Luckily for me, I have an IPad mini. But poor DH only has his phone, and a resurrected, 9 year old laptop.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:48 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,698,642 times
My first world problem is, this thread was not on the first page.

Old 01-03-2017, 07:17 PM

Good lord, that's appalling.

My first world problem today was that I didn't know how to dress, so therefore I was a bit uncomfortable the entire day. This morning was warm, so I was overdressed (but would have been too chilly if I'd taken my jacket off). Then suddenly this afternoon a cold front blew in and I didn't have on a heavy enough coat and I was quite chilly as I darted in and out of the grocery store.

Also, I think I ordered the wrong sort of Korean tea on Amazon. My daughter in law is Korean, and she brought me some tea from, well, Korea. It was delicious and I'm nearly finished with the box. So of course I can't read the label, so I had to just guess at it on Amazon. I ordered a box that looked the same. It's already shipped. But today I realized that the box I already have is brown and the box I ordered is green. Same model, same sort of tea looking stuff on the front , but the box is a different color.

Oh my gosh. What if I'm stuck with 50 packets of a tea I don't even really like??????? THE HORROR.

Old 01-04-2017, 11:44 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,698,642 times
We are expecting snow (how much TBD) Saturday and we don't have a generator, in the event the storm gets ugly.

Did I mention we have LOTS of trees around us?

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest the snow won't be that bad.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:34 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,550,542 times
I ordered a camera from China in early December, and it's still there! This is my first time ordering anything directly from China. I had no idea it would take a farewell tour.

Also, not related, but annoying, is that last night I ordered a seat cover for my ancient vehicle. This morning the old thing started acting up. It was rough idling and hesitant to move. The Mr. is gonna tell me to get a new one, but I don't wanna. I don't need heated seats, power windows, electronic whatnot and air conditioning.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:31 PM

Our bathroom remodel is due to start on Monday. In the mean time I am forced to clean out my vanity! Ugh. I don't wanna.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Our bathroom remodel is due to start on Monday. In the mean time I am forced to clean out my vanity! Ugh. I don't wanna.
I feel your pain. Our master bath remodel (including two closets) is going to start in about three weeks and we have to move upstairs for three weeks. Which means I have to move my clothes and my vanity stuff upstairs. I want to cry.

Old 01-05-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I feel your pain. Our master bath remodel (including two closets) is going to start in about three weeks and we have to move upstairs for three weeks. Which means I have to move my clothes and my vanity stuff upstairs. I want to cry.
And I feel your pain!

We will have to use the guest bath for at least 2 weeks for everything during the days the workers are here. This means moving makeup and other paraphernalia to that bathroom.

My closet remains in the master bath however. So, there will be lots of steps between the two baths.

But, the payoff will be a bath with new surfaces and a more functional shower. So, first world problem with a first world solution.

Old 01-07-2017, 01:20 PM

218 posts, read 242,037 times
I drive a 20+ year old car. it could double for an aircraft carrier, both in length and width. Last night while trying to get into the car port far enough to close the gate behind it, and paying too much attention to the front of the car, so as to not to run into the steps (again!) and got too close to the wall. NOW I have to get a new mirror for the passenger side before it needs to be inspected in a few weeks. SIGH!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology