Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2016, 12:29 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
And now the poor dogs have to be embarrassed out in public with their wanky tags sticking out.

First world dogs, first world dog problems!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 03:41 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,184,054 times
This should have been so simple: we decided to add another outlet to my bathroom vanity. I want to be able to have a hair dryer and hair things separated from my electric toothbrush. The electrician came yesterday. He installed those newer outlets that are designed to keep kids from poking screwdrivers or nails into them and being electrocuted. The guy up in our attic running wire, stepped on the ceiling and poked a hole in it. And the electricians had to cut a hole in our dry wall to complete the job.

So, the company sent out a guy to patch our drywall. Here is the catch: we have to get up on ladders and paint the patch. First, we prime, then we paint. We have painted many times, but I'm almost 70 and DH is 74. We do not want to get up on ladders and do this. But I guess we will.

So, I attempted to plug my electric toothbrush base into the new socket and it wouldn't work! I couldn't get the prongs into the socket! I did get the thing in, finally though. Then I decided to scrub off the base, and so I unplugged it and washed it to clean it up. Then (again) I could not get the plug into the socket. Try as I might, it would not go in. So irritated, and needing to get ready and go out, I tried one last time, and Voila! it went in.

DH Googled this and my experience is not unique. New sockets are very hard to plug some things into.

I don't dare unplug my toothbrush base now!

Old 08-07-2016, 12:05 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,909,654 times
I go online to pay my homeowner's insurance.
Try to log in, but it says my password is incorrect. But I know I'm right.
Try second time, after confirming the password I had written down.
It again says my password is incorrect, and I have once more chance or I'll be locked out.
So I click "forgot my password" and it takes me through a bunch of questions to prove I am me.
I pass the test, and it asks me to create a new password.
I enter the password I believed was the right one, and...

It says I can't re-use my existing password!!!!!

Old 08-08-2016, 07:58 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
OK, so I went to Braum's to buy my mom some milk. She has a thing about Braum's milk. While I was there, I thought, "Hmmm, I think I'll buy some of that canned whipping cream." Yes, I know - it's of the devil, but I figured it might be pretty good since it's made from Braum's cows. Anyway, I took it out of the sack and laid it in the car seat when I took the sack with milk into my mom's house.

I forgot the can of whipping cream in my car. It's been 100 degrees here. I found it the next morning.

Dare I use it? I'm scared to even take the top off.

Old 08-08-2016, 08:58 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,698,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OK, so I went to Braum's to buy my mom some milk. She has a thing about Braum's milk. While I was there, I thought, "Hmmm, I think I'll buy some of that canned whipping cream." Yes, I know - it's of the devil, but I figured it might be pretty good since it's made from Braum's cows. Anyway, I took it out of the sack and laid it in the car seat when I took the sack with milk into my mom's house.

I forgot the can of whipping cream in my car. It's been 100 degrees here. I found it the next morning.

Dare I use it? I'm scared to even take the top off.
I don't think I would risk it. My health is worth more than a $2 can of whipped cream.

But...since you are already in the car, you can go get a replacement. In fact, it may be worthwhile to get two cans, just in case, ya know, the first can doesn't work properly. Somehow.

Old 08-08-2016, 12:18 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,907,446 times
I've been out of town for about twelve days, and now my front walk is covered with early-fallen leaves. There are more in the gutter beneath my two street trees.

Whatever shall I do?? It's too hot to grab a broom...

I'm also going to have to drag out a stepstool so I can rehang my front-porch ferns (in hanging baskets), which were taken down to facilitate watering by my neighbor during my absence.

I also have to put away my now-empty suitcases.

Oh, so much trouble...

Old 08-08-2016, 12:25 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,698,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I've been out of town for about twelve days, and now my front walk is covered with early-fallen leaves. There are more in the gutter beneath my two street trees.

Whatever shall I do?? It's too hot to grab a broom...

I'm also going to have to drag out a stepstool so I can rehang my front-porch ferns (in hanging baskets), which were taken down to facilitate watering by my neighbor during my absence.

I also have to put away my now-empty suitcases.

Oh, so much trouble...
So...no neighboring kids who want to make a buck?

Tell them you think there's a Pokemon Go character in the gutters...

A leaf blower may be a nice addition, as well.

Old 08-08-2016, 03:21 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystewart View Post
When I know will be out and wearing my flip-flops, I don't utilize salve on the base of my feet consequently. It can likewise make a strange squeaky sound when you walk.
I do (don't do) the same thing. Your post made me laugh.

Old 08-08-2016, 04:42 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,791,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystewart View Post
When I know will be out and wearing my flip-flops, I don't utilize salve on the base of my feet consequently. It can likewise make a strange squeaky sound when you walk.
It's true! It makes a "schtuuuup, schtuuuup, schtuppity schtup" noise.

Old 08-08-2016, 04:58 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,184,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicci6squirrels View Post
it's true! It makes a "schtuuuup, schtuuuup, schtuppity schtup" noise. :d
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology