Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 12:49 PM

78,517 posts, read 60,702,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
really??, he was good for 2 more games this year. the queens made the PO's last year too and with the 5th toughest schedule. This years schedule is 2nd easiest.

this reminds me of all the hype 2 years ago before he went to the jets about a guy that last year led the league in INT's.

and they paid 12 million for him?
Well the previous QB finished ranked 28th so yeah, I think Favre is notably better than 28th in the league.

I'd Put Favre around 10th in the league give or take....with all else (lines, receivers etc.) being equal.

If you look around, I've mentioned the same things about how they played a MUCH easier schedule this year and finished 2 games better.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:39 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,564,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Pretty much.

You know boomerang, letting Favre go wasn't the end of the franchise like so many hoped. You can come back now. Long after Brett's out of the game, Aaron Rodgers will be a great quarterback in the NFL.
notice how the J-E-T-S made the Playoffs this year as well? hmmmmmmmmm..........

Old 01-07-2010, 01:52 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,240,831 times
Quote:
notice how the J-E-T-S made the Playoffs this year as well? hmmmmmmmmm..........

With a rookie qb at that. Interesting eh?

Old 01-07-2010, 03:04 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,637,195 times
Quote:
well that's easy, it's because teams concentrated on stopping him so as to force the "gunslinger" onto his right back foot to toss it up into triple coverage. Notice how his game suddenly changed after the line started having troubles and he had less time?
Thats garbage. They were even more focused on stopping him last year because he was their only offensive threat.

And how can a team man up enough to stop the run and still have triple coverage on a regular basis? You have heard of the 12 man rule, right? BTW, how did that work out for teams, forcing the gunslinger to throw a lot? Led to the guy tied for 2nd on most touchdowns while also having the least interceptions.

Speaking of offensive lines, Tennessee clearly had the best line in the NFL, as there is no other explanation for Chris Johnson's 2k yard season....

Old 01-07-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Pretty much.

You know boomerang, letting Favre go wasn't the end of the franchise like so many hoped. You can come back now. Long after Brett's out of the game, Aaron Rodgers will be a great quarterback in the NFL.
Rodgers is a phenomenal qb. As long as he's healthy, he has a very bright future ahead of him. I never thought letting Favre go was the end of the franchise, nor had I hoped it. At best I had hoped it might help get rid of Ted Thompson, that is about it. Other than that the Pack is doing pretty damn good.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:12 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,580,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Rodgers is a phenomenal qb. As long as he's healthy, he has a very bright future ahead of him. I never thought letting Favre go was the end of the franchise, nor had I hoped it. At best I had hoped it might help get rid of Ted Thompson, that is about it. Other than that the Pack is doing pretty damn good.
But can you see, letting Favre walk after his retirement-turned-unretirement was the best thing for the Green Bay Packers. It was time to fish or cut bait when it came to Rodgers, having held the clipboard for three seasons already. Suppose the Pack let Favre back for another year or two after the team told Rodgers he was the man; Rodgers walks, then Favre retires for good, and then what? Enter Sage Rosenfels? Spare us.

This couldn't have turned out better.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:03 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,091,791 times
The Vikes are just letting Rogers season a bit before they sign him after his current contract expires. In the good old days, they would just swoop into Green Bay with Kirk Douglas at the helm and take him and maroon T-Jack behind. Now there's laws and crap.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:56 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,240,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
The Vikes are just letting Rogers season a bit before they sign him after his current contract expires. In the good old days, they would just swoop into Green Bay with Kirk Douglas at the helm and take him and maroon T-Jack behind. Now there's laws and crap.

You a funny dude ghengis. Even if you are a bit misguided about your NFL team support. And yes, you can have him in about 13 years, just like the last one. He should be well seasoned by then. Maybe we can get a pattern going. Be sure and let Ragnar know the "1981 Phil Collins" look is just not fresh at all. He is a good dancer though!

Last edited by dookieboy; 01-07-2010 at 06:08 PM..

Old 01-07-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
But can you see, letting Favre walk after his retirement-turned-unretirement was the best thing for the Green Bay Packers. It was time to fish or cut bait when it came to Rodgers, having held the clipboard for three seasons already. Suppose the Pack let Favre back for another year or two after the team told Rodgers he was the man; Rodgers walks, then Favre retires for good, and then what? Enter Sage Rosenfels? Spare us.

This couldn't have turned out better.
Its not too often that teams get to decide which great quarterback to use, so I am sure that most teams would love to have that problem, lol. Most of them are just trying to get one decent guy.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:54 AM

723 posts, read 1,635,176 times
Hey, I'm just comming back on this thread to eat my words. Favre had a much better season than I expected.

Anyway, I have been humbled and realize that I don't know the first thing about football.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.