Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2010, 01:18 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,637,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Indeed, we don't have to imagine because it happened a few weeks ago when they played the Bears.

The announcers blamed it on the cold and that condensation made the ball slick. Of course, this was right after they were praising him for being great playing in the cold and bad weather conditions etc etc etc.

He stunk up the first half against a bad Bears team then had a great 2nd half after even more of the Bears DB's got hurt. Then it was love fest. He DID NOT get the job done at the very end and the Bears won....and they were still praising him as he left the field. (For losing to a team they should have beaten by 20.)

I don't hate Favre, but I do hate the announcers covering him. He helped put the Vikings in a huge hole against a vastly inferior team with playoff implications on the line....came up short in the end and still got heaps of praise because they made a run in the 3rd and 4th quarter.
I do not listen to the announcers anymore. Most of them suck and get annoying REALLY fast if you pay any attention to them. I realize they are all over Favre, but they are the same way about Peyton Manning and up until last year's injury, Tom Brady. And when Favre, Manning, and Brady have all retired, they will be over the top about whoever is great then. It never ends with them, which is why I don't pay attention to them much. There have been a ton of times that when watching the game I turn it down where I can barely hear them talking so that it is easy to ignore the announcers.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:54 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,577,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
So glad he's coming back! It will be my pleasure to count, and keep an accurate tally of all the INT(s) Brett will throw this year. I'm going out on a limb and say.........25 INT(s) / 19 TD(s). If he plays a full season that is. I know they have weak schedule this year, but he can chuck it around with the best of them. Actually, he is the best at chucking it around......my bad. Let me know what you all think the "tally" will be. This will be fun!
I think you are looking like a complete idiot at this point.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:54 PM

3,870 posts, read 4,084,347 times
I think you all should stop slobbing on Farve's knob and let him fade away. His team at the moment makes him look so much better than what he is, and has always been.......an ego-maniac. Sharper will be the receiver of some of those "Oh my, only Brett could throw that" type of passes next week. I love the pass he threw (one of a few over ten yards today) that he closed his eyes and heaved up in the air, only for Dallas' crappy safety help did it yield a touchdown. Again......Favre SUCKS!!! And I am not an idiot.........a hater, must surely, but look whom I'm hating..........shouldn't we all? By the way, Houston is not all that.............

Old 01-17-2010, 05:16 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,945,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
I think you all should stop slobbing on Farve's knob and let him fade away. His team at the moment makes him look so much better than what he is, and has always been.......an ego-maniac. Sharper will be the receiver of some of those "Oh my, only Brett could throw that" type of passes next week. I love the pass he threw (one of a few over ten yards today) that he closed his eyes and heaved up in the air, only for Dallas' crappy safety help did it yield a touchdown. Again......Favre SUCKS!!! And I am not an idiot.........a hater, must surely, but look whom I'm hating..........shouldn't we all? By the way, Houston is not all that.............
Yeah, 'he sucks'...maybe hes not great but he isnt messing up too much as he IS smart enough to realize the opportunity he had. 4TD in the playoffs, first 40 yr old to win a playoff game, etc.

Your just bitter because Brady played like the 5/6th rounder he was drafted as. You guys got owned at home, you should be sending the Ravens requests for reparations.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:16 AM

3,870 posts, read 4,084,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Yeah, 'he sucks'...maybe hes not great but he isnt messing up too much as he IS smart enough to realize the opportunity he had. 4TD in the playoffs, first 40 yr old to win a playoff game, etc.

Your just bitter because Brady played like the 5/6th rounder he was drafted as. You guys got owned at home, you should be sending the Ravens requests for reparations.
You are right on the money with that.......

Old 01-18-2010, 05:47 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,616,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I think you are looking like a complete idiot at this point.

That was established weeks ago.... LMAO

Old 01-18-2010, 06:58 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,338,960 times
These stats are from over 2 years ago...I could update them...but why?

here is also a list of the tools each legit QB had at his disposal to get (or in almost everyone elses case, not get records).

Terry Bradshaw: (Interception % 5.38 or 1 out of every18.5 passes picked)
1. Lynn Swann
2. Stallworth
3. Franco Harris
4. Rocky Bleier
5. Arguably one of the best defenses to play the game.
Bradshaw’s numbers are second-rate, period, even with these guys playing for him.

Joe Montana: (Interception % 2.58 or 1 out of every 38.7 passes picked)
1. Dwight Clark
2. Jon Taylor
3. Jerry Rice
4. Roger Craig
5. Tom Rathman
Three HOF offensive players and arguably one of the greatest coaches ever and a great offensive system and a pretty good defense too

Dan Marino: (Interception % 3.02 or 1 out of every 33.1 passed picked)
1. Mark Clayton
2. Mark Duper
3. Irving Fryar
4. O.J. McDuffie
5. Keith Jackson
6. Keith Byars
7. Nat Moore
Don Shula coached. Still had several 8-8 seasons and a 6-10 season

Steve Young: (Interception % 2.58 or 1 out of every 38.7 passes picked)
1. Jerry Rice
2. JJ Stokes
3. Ricky Waters
4. Terrell Owens
His 2 years with a team with no talent were a mess (Tampa)

Troy Aikman: (Interception % 2.99 or 1 out of every 33.4 passes picked)
1. Michael Irving
2. Johnson (#85)
3. Jay Novachek
4. Emmit Smith
5. Moose Johnson
6. Kelvin Martin
7. Alvin Harper
Had one of the best o-lines ever, Smith all-time rushing leader and his numbers are not even top 10 or even 20 in most categories

John Elway: (Interception % 3.12 or 1 out of every 32 passes picked)
1. Vance Johnson
2. Mark Jackson
3. Ricky Natiel
4. Shannon Sharpe
5. Ed McCafrey
6. Terrell Davis
7. Rod Smith
8. Sammy Winder
9. Mike Prichard
10. Anthony Miller
A great o-line through-out career and had 5 seasons under .500

Brett Favre (Interception % 3.06 or 1 out of every 32.6 passes picked)
1. Sterling Sharpe* (for first 2 years only)
2. Antonia Freeman*
3. Don Bebee*
4. Robert Brooks*
5. Mark Chumura
6. Edgar Bennett
7. Dorsey Levens*
8. Keith Jackson*
Favre had 1 losing season ever, and one 8-8 (Ray Rhodes year). His numbers crush most other contenders. Freeman went to 2 other teams after his huge contract in GB expires and was 4th string (from number one spot in GB). He had ONE good year in GB, the year his contact expired. Beebe was a glorified blocker at old age when he came to GB. Robert Brooks was far from a HOF guy, hurt his knee, went elsewhere and caught like 17 passes in 3 years after leaving GB (from being a number one spot in GB). Edgar Bennet was a great back it is true, but the Packers didn’t get a true 1000 yard rusher until Green, who got hurt a lot and fumbled a lot early on. Levens was a complete joke; go ask Philly fans who got him after the Pack where he was a backup and a bad one (again coming from a number one spot in GB). Chewy was a great TE. Had Keith Jackson for one year. Holmgrin was a good coach, but his last years he was a detriment to have around trying to vi for the GM spot.

So remember Corey Webster's interception if you must, but nor should you forget a play from the previous week. It was third and eight. The Packers were playing the Seahwawks in the divisional playoffs. Favre had been flushed from the pocket and stumbled. Still, he managed to keep his footing, and more than that, his composure. For most quarterbacks, these would be desperate moments. But for Favre, even at 38, they were full of possibility. As he fell, he flipped the ball to his tight end for a first down.
And when was the last time you saw something like that?
When you were a kid.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:02 AM

Where are Brady and Manning "weapons"???

Old 01-18-2010, 07:08 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,497,393 times
Quote:
had been flushed from the pocket and stumbled. Still, he managed to keep his footing, and more than that, his composure. For most quarterbacks, these would be desperate moments. But for Favre, even at 38, they were full of possibility. As he fell, he flipped the ball to his tight end for a first down.
And when was the last time you saw something like that?
for sure saw Tony Romo make that exact play yesterday.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
for sure saw Tony Romo make that exact play yesterday.

Before or after his two fumbles?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.