Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2010, 09:41 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,569,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Resonable or not, I'll pin it on him. Mainly due to my disgust of him, that alone is reason enough! How can it not be his fault? You are on their 22 yard line, with 19 ticks left in a tie game, and you decide to throw across your body into heavy traffic. Without a doubt..........his fault. You're acting as if it's the first time he has done such a thing. He's a habitual offender!
he's the only QB to throw an INT in the Overtime of an NFC Championship game... and he's done it TWICE.

and the funniest part is this doens't even count because it was in regular time when his latest folly occured.

LMFAO at the drama queen.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:10 PM

with his first of TWO INT's tonight Brett Fahv-rah has now become not only the regular season leader in INTERCEPTIONS but the Playoff leader in INTERCEPTIONS, eclipsing Jim Kelly's record.

Congratulations Brett!!!!

glad you stuck around to get another record.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:03 AM

4,679 posts, read 3,883,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Anybody else think Favre is setting the Vikings up perfectly for yet another colossal meltdown? I can see it now, Vikings in the playoffs behind by 3 & Favre slings it to double coverage . . . . . . . . . . . and picked off! Saints DB is in open field with no one left to catch him . . . . . . . . and touchdown Saints.

As expected, another classic interception with a huge game on the line.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:21 AM

7,554 posts, read 7,116,545 times
I'm not a Favre fan, but I don't hate him either. but come on, not all int's are created equal, if you look at the situation in which Favre threw that pick, there was 19 seconds left in regulation, it's 3rd and 15 at midfield, in a tie game. If he throws the ball away, they punt, if he takes a sack, they punt, he went for the win. and it didn't work out, but as a football fan I like the move.

the earlier one was stupid though.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:08 AM

3,871 posts, read 4,094,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Resonable or not, I'll pin it on him. Mainly due to my disgust of him, that alone is reason enough! How can it not be his fault? You are on their 22 yard line, with 19 ticks left in a tie game, and you decide to throw across your body into heavy traffic. Without a doubt..........his fault. You're acting as if it's the first time he has done such a thing. He's a habitual offender!
I would like to correct my above statement; they were not on the Saints 22 yard line, but somewhere around mid-field I think. Just want to clarify........but Brett did lose it for them, that I will not correct.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:49 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,617,923 times
For the millionth time, Brett - do NOT roll out of the pocket and throw across your body to the opposite side/middle of the field. Especially not when you can pick up the yards you need on the ground with broad daylight in front of you.

Can't say I didn't see this coming. It's not how many picks, but when.

Only thing I was wrong about is that it wasn't Darren Sharper.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:04 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,019,534 times
That last interception was irrelevant. They were out of field goal range due to poor game management by the coaching staff and having 12 players on the field. That was far more damaging than the interception. His only other option was to throw the ball out of bounds and punt. Either way, the game was headed to OT due to the penalty.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
That last interception was irrelevant. They were out of field goal range due to poor game management by the coaching staff and having 12 players on the field. That was far more damaging than the interception. His only other option was to throw the ball out of bounds and punt. Either way, the game was headed to OT due to the penalty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
I'm not a Favre fan, but I don't hate him either. but come on, not all int's are created equal, if you look at the situation in which Favre threw that pick, there was 19 seconds left in regulation, it's 3rd and 15 at midfield, in a tie game. If he throws the ball away, they punt, if he takes a sack, they punt, he went for the win. and it didn't work out, but as a football fan I like the move.

the earlier one was stupid though.
I see the favre apologists are hard at work again, they were not at midfield, all he had to do was tuck it in and run about 10 yards, which he clearly had the space to do, and then slide. but he didn't , he did the usual and tossed it up for grabs like he always does -- when the pressure is on.

Longwell, 8 for 8 in his last attemts over 50 yards. Thanks and have a nice day.

Longwell, 17 for 23 all time in the post season.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:45 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,733,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
I see the favre apologists are hard at work again, they were not at midfield, all he had to do was tuck it in and run about 10 yards, which he clearly had the space to do, and then slide. but he didn't , he did the usual and tossed it up for grabs like he always does -- when the pressure is on.

Longwell, 8 for 8 in his last attemts over 50 yards. Thanks and have a nice day.
Ahhhh... Sour grapes. The Packers shut Favre out 2 years ago, you're bitter, so now you have to relentlessly bad-mouth the guy.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:47 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,617,923 times
It's worth noting that the Vikings still had a timeout, so scrambling for even seven or eight yards would've put them in range for a Longwell kick. But instead of a kick, we saw a pick.

At least this time I didn't have to watch Brett do it in a Packer uniform.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football