Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2010, 07:26 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,566,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Thats garbage. They were even more focused on stopping him last year because he was their only offensive threat.

And how can a team man up enough to stop the run and still have triple coverage on a regular basis? You have heard of the 12 man rule, right? BTW, how did that work out for teams, forcing the gunslinger to throw a lot? Led to the guy tied for 2nd on most touchdowns while also having the least interceptions.

Speaking of offensive lines, Tennessee clearly had the best line in the NFL, as there is no other explanation for Chris Johnson's 2k yard season....
favre had a good season, stats wise, i'll admit, but why is it especially noteworthy when he doesn't throw alot of picks and has a decent TD = INT rating?

it's because he tosses up so many ducks that people are now giving him so much credit for putting it away for 16 regular season games for once in 3 years, like I said , the year before he went to the Jets he lead the league in INT's with 29, I think that was alot of talk for such a QB, no?

it's like when T.O. or Chad ocho cinco behave and they get credit for it and are praised in the media --- for doing something they should've all along.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:29 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,116,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
favre had a good season, stats wise, i'll admit, but why is it especially noteworthy when he doesn't throw alot of picks and has a decent TD = INT rating?

it's because he tosses up so many ducks that people are now giving him so much credit for putting it away for 16 regular season games for once in 3 years, like I said , the year before he went to the Jets he lead the league in INT's with 29, I think that was alot of talk for such a QB, no?

it's like when T.O. or Chad ocho cinco behave and they get credit for it and are praised in the media --- for doing something they should've all along.
wahhhhhhhhh...

Old 01-09-2010, 02:39 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,641,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post

it's because he tosses up so many ducks that people are now giving him so much credit for putting it away for 16 regular season games for once in 3 years,
The credit is nothing to do with previous years. Throwing more than 30TD's and less than 10 INT's in a single season is a rare accomplishment and anyone who can do it deserves major props. Aaron Rodgers did a phenomenal job as well by accomplishing the same with 30TD/7INT. Just for fun I looked through stats at NFL.com and in the last 20 years, it has only been done by the following:

Favre, Rodgers 2009
Tom Brady 2007
Peyton Manning 2006
Donovan McNabb 2004

Pretty hard to reach stat, so if you want to whine, that is okay, but the 33TD/7INT's is extremely impressive and rare to see such high TD's and low INT's in the same year.

Quote:
like I said , the year before he went to the Jets he lead the league in INT's with 29, I think that was alot of talk for such a QB, no?
Are you living in a time warp and have your years mixed up? He threw 15 INT's the year before he went to the Jets. He threw 29 in 2005, 3 years before he went to the Jets. And while the number sucked, so did that season for Packers starters as injuries dismantled their team. Javon Walker was emerging as the #1 threat in Green Bay and went out in week 1 for the whole season. DB Terrance Murphy suffered a career ending neck injury in week 4 or 5. RB Najeh Davenport was lost for the season a week later. Following week Ahman Green was lost for the season. There were a couple of other significant injuries as well. In other words, it was a dismantled team taking the field and is no surprise they had a horrible year. Defense was not that great that year either.

Quote:
People who get great stats get praised, what's new?

Old 01-09-2010, 05:17 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,618,452 times
Quote:
28TD's/13 INT's
Looks like you might have been closest on the TD's. I still got you by one on the INT's though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
22 tds/12 int.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
You read who this thread is about................ right?
LOL. What do I win? With the playoffs included I could be spot on. He is past due for a 5 int game right Patsfan?

Old 01-10-2010, 07:00 AM

3,870 posts, read 4,087,663 times
"He is past due for a 5 int game right Patsfan?"

With the pressure Dallas will put on Mr.Narcissistic, it is very possible he could throw that many. If he stays on the field that long.........

Old 01-10-2010, 07:21 AM

78,606 posts, read 60,785,925 times
Quote:
The credit is nothing to do with previous years. Throwing more than 30TD's and less than 10 INT's in a single season is a rare accomplishment and anyone who can do it deserves major props. Aaron Rodgers did a phenomenal job as well by accomplishing the same with 30TD/7INT. Just for fun I looked through stats at NFL.com and in the last 20 years, it has only been done by the following:

Favre, Rodgers 2009
Tom Brady 2007
Peyton Manning 2006
Donovan McNabb 2004

Pretty hard to reach stat, so if you want to whine, that is okay, but the 33TD/7INT's is extremely impressive and rare to see such high TD's and low INT's in the same year.

Are you living in a time warp and have your years mixed up? He threw 15 INT's the year before he went to the Jets. He threw 29 in 2005, 3 years before he went to the Jets. And while the number sucked, so did that season for Packers starters as injuries dismantled their team. Javon Walker was emerging as the #1 threat in Green Bay and went out in week 1 for the whole season. DB Terrance Murphy suffered a career ending neck injury in week 4 or 5. RB Najeh Davenport was lost for the season a week later. Following week Ahman Green was lost for the season. There were a couple of other significant injuries as well. In other words, it was a dismantled team taking the field and is no surprise they had a horrible year. Defense was not that great that year either.

People who get great stats get praised, what's new?
You bring up an excellent point in this post. When he was on a bad\injured team he threw 29 INT's. Now he is on a very good team with the 2nd softest NFL schedule and guess what happened?

Favre is playing better than many think and worse than his fans think. I'm just one of those people endlessly nauseated over the commentator coverage of him which has been shamelessly biased and over the top.

I don't think it's fair to the other Vikings players that Favre gets the credit when they win and THEY get the blame when they lose.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:42 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,593,594 times
The Vikings better run the ball more than the Eagles did or DeMarcus Ware and company will be teeing off on Favre just like they did McNabb/Vick.

I know the game's all about passing now but you've got to hand it off every so often to keep the pass rushers honest.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:49 AM

The result has already been pre-determined by Odin... F v P III in 2 weeks.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:22 PM

Tom Brady's pathetic effort today: 1 fumble, 3 interceptions and countless misread coverages. Maybe Patsfan20 will have a different thread next year featuring one Patsy who plays closer to home.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:58 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,641,614 times
Wonder what the Favre haters would have said if that would have been Favre getting butterfingers and coughing up the ball for the Cardinals to win? Nah, I don't have to wonder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football