Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 09:28 AM

948 posts, read 899,029 times

Advertisements

B.O. wins, America loses. Swell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 09:49 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,340,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
This thread has no basis. It's amazing how so many people make statements as though they were facts, when the truth is that there is no basis for them at all.

This OP provides no source. And the reason is simple.
China has NOT agreed to tougher sanctions. And if China ever does, you can be sure that the sanctions will be no more than a slap on the wrist. Worthless. Worse than worthless because Obama will make it look as though he is doing something about the Iranian nukes, when in fact it will be insignificant.

Obama has accomplished NOTHING regarding Iranian nukes. The centrifuges churn on. A-jad and the mullah's just continuously give the US the finger. And for that the OP calls Obama and his team "serious winners"??? The ignorance here is astounding.

Iran: We will join 'world nuclear club' within a month - Haaretz - Israel News
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Your ability to not read the accomplishments is remarkable. Mexico, Chile, Ukraine, Russia, China and many other nations are working to reprocess weapons grade uranium to lower grade fission material. NY Times, Miami Herald, Washington Post. You may want to check you morning list of reading before you speak loudly. The whole world is alerted to the risks of not doing anything and Obama and others are playing critical roles to make the world safer and thank god for them... yet here you state nothing happened. Truly amazing. The years of denial are O V E R........
AADAD,
When I said that there is no basis to your thread I was referring to your statement in the OP that "China has signed on for tougher sanctions against Iran at the nuclear summit."
What's your source? There is none because China has done no such thing. Obama has accomplished nothing regarding a Chinese agreement for tough sanctions.

China is entrenched in Iranian oil and gas. It is dependent on it and it is making a fortune in exploiting it. If China ever agrees to "sanctions" they will be weak and meaningless.

Obama is making a great mistake by rejecting gasoline sanctions which would be imposed by the US and the EU (sanctions which both houses of Congress have urged him to implement) in exchange for a possible toothless consensus agreement with Russia and China.

I hope he reverses this policy before it is too late.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:52 AM

8,288 posts, read 13,639,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Gee, because "you bet" must make it an irreversable fact, right?

Yopu hatred is leading your mouth to make stupid statements.
Originally Posted by MiamiRob
The Ukraine has decided to give up all of it's weapons grade Uranium leftover from Russia which is a feather in Obama's cap. Nobody said any of this would be easy but I bet McCain/Palin if they were elected couldn't get 47 world leaders together to discusses nuclear issues. Kudos to Obama for showing leadership and a big raspberry to the haters!

Well let the facts fall where they may right? McCain and Palin couldn't even win 47 states let alone get 47 world leaders together. I have no hate for either of them. I just don't think think they are competent as world leaders.

McCain thought it was funny to chant "bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran" ala a Beach boy diplomacy. Honestly I wouldn't vote for a guy who was a POW for years and expect him to have a rationale view of the world but I guess that speaks volumes of people in Arizona.

Then his comments about being in IRAQ for "100 years"! Well if you agree go ship your first born into that mess! Luckily Obama is starting troop withdrawls this August.

As for Palin well we have seen the polls. She is a interesting character to say the least. Maybe the Caribous will vote for her in 2012!

Old 04-14-2010, 10:01 AM

380 posts, read 645,490 times
Quote:
China has signed on for tougher sanctions against Iran at the nuclear summit. Russia has signed the treaty.

In addition, more nations have agreed to curtail production. A gain, small at first and in the right direction. I wonder how he and his team do it. They are seriously winners.
http://www.fastuploader.com/images/061211obamavlrg3awidecwew.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-14-2010, 10:06 AM

20,856 posts, read 17,270,637 times
[quote=lamontnow;13735986]AADAD,
When I said that there is no basis to your thread I was referring to your statement in the OP that "China has signed on for tougher sanctions against Iran at the nuclear summit."
What's your source? There is none because China has done no such thing. Obama has accomplished nothing regarding a Chinese agreement for tough sanctions.

There is genuine enthusiasm in the world for this agreement. What you state is not untrue it is just short sighted. What the nations realize is that IF a terrorist organization or one which supports the indiscriminate use of WMD (Iran) the cataclysm would far outweigh any gains made by trade sanctions or gas taxes. Think larger.

God forbid if a nuclear device went off ANYWHERE it would change the game for years. All civilized nations know this including China. Immediately China's trade would collapse. If a device went off in the US, the US would immediately embargo the nation it felt was responsible and potentially retaliate. Game over. The nations of the world recognize, and have for many decades, that the nuclear deterrant unfortunately creates peace as the alternative is to terrible to contemplate. Accordingly while what you posit is credible, no one in this game is worried about it. They are concerned that a rogue monster succeeds AND they are committed to stopping it by reducing access to weapons grade uranium. I don't think that you would disagree and while your suggestions are good ones the most important threat to the world is not trade pricing it is the unthinkable and that is what this summit was about.

"Are we clear?"

"Yes, Sir"

"Are we clear?!"

"Crystal"

A Few Good Men

Old 04-14-2010, 10:26 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,096,973 times
Quote:
Your ability to not read the accomplishments is remarkable. Mexico, Chile, Ukraine, Russia, China and many other nations are working to reprocess weapons grade uranium to lower grade fission material. NY Times, Miami Herald, Washington Post. You may want to check you morning list of reading before you speak loudly. The whole world is alerted to the risks of not doing anything and Obama and others are playing critical roles to make the world safer and thank god for them... yet here you state nothing happened. Truly amazing. The years of denial are O V E R........
What? There were 47 nations that showed up and signed Obama's silly piece of paper. Last I checked, there are over 120 nations on this planet. Of course the ones that showed up are going to sign on. They aren't the problem in the first place. It would be like calling a convention of Bank Managers and getting them to sign a statement declaring they are unanimously opposed to bank robbery. Take the same petition down to the local county jail and I'll bet you get significantly less consenus or cooperation.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:34 AM

Once again, Moose. Put the negative pole to the negative clamp on the battery. Put the positive clamp on the positive pole. Try starting it now.

your post is funny though.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:06 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,618,598 times
[quote=MiamiRob;13736032]
Quote:
Well let the facts fall where they may right? McCain and Palin couldn't even win 47 states let alone get 47 world leaders together. I have no hate for either of them. I just don't think think they are competent as world leaders.
Well, the "facts" are that you don't know what would have happened if McCain was elected. It didn't happen. Hence, all of your post is supposition which you are trying to pass off as a fact. Total dishonesty on your part.

Remember, just because you think and wish something were to happen when it can't does not make it a fact. Even if you say it.

Quote:
McCain thought it was funny to chant "bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran" ala a Beach boy diplomacy. Honestly I wouldn't vote for a guy who was a POW for years and expect him to have a rationale view of the world but I guess that speaks volumes of people in Arizona.
That explains it all. You seem to think that you are a mind reader, a discipline which has yet to be proven true. Just like your claims.

Quote:
Then his comments about being in IRAQ for "100 years"! Well if you agree go ship your first born into that mess! Luckily Obama is starting troop withdrawals this August.
Drawing down troops does not mean that we will not be there for a very long time. I hope we get out, but don't think that we will ever totally withdraw. Of course that doesn't suit your fantasy.

Quote:
As for Palin well we have seen the polls. She is a interesting character to say the least. Maybe the Caribous will vote for her in 2012
You really should try to stay on topic. Unless of course, you have no facts to present.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:41 PM

Obama brings the knuckle dragging Republicans to the table to set a plan to reform wall street cronies. He is very good at embarrassing them. Good timing good plan and good execution.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:43 AM

48,493 posts, read 97,342,322 times
Quote:
China has signed on for tougher sanctions against Iran at the nuclear summit. Russia has signed the treaty.

In addition, more nations have agreed to curtail production. A gain, small at first and in the right direction. I wonder how he and his team do it. They are seriously winners.

I vote your thread best science fiction for 2010.Guess you also celebrated when iran signed the nuclear treaty pact. Peace in our tme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies