Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 08:52 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,617,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
Great post!

Can you plz tell me were I can sign up for this Utopia world?

Try and understand...some leaders in this world are just evil and insane.....thats that!
Theres no talking to them, no nothing....why?....Cause they will never understand and if you show any weakness ("Obama: I will not use nukes on a country that doesnt nuke us!!!!")....get it!

Thats weakness!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 08:54 AM

8,288 posts, read 13,637,306 times
The Ukraine has decided to give up all of it's weapons grade Uranium leftover from Russia which is a feather in Obama's cap. Nobody said any of this would be easy but I bet McCain/Palin if they were elected couldn't get 47 world leaders together to discusses nuclear issues. Kudos to Obama for showing leadership and a big raspberry to the haters!

Old 04-13-2010, 09:04 AM

20,506 posts, read 12,491,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
The Ukraine has decided to give up all of it's weapons grade Uranium leftover from Russia which is a feather in Obama's cap. Nobody said any of this would be easy but I bet McCain/Palin if they were elected couldn't get 47 world leaders together to discusses nuclear issues. Kudos to Obama for showing leadership and a big raspberry to the haters!
I have a silly question for you.

do you know how many nukes America had in Jan 2001 and how many America had in Jan 2009?

Old 04-13-2010, 09:05 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,096,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
You're celebrating because China agreed to enter into discussions? Exactly what they did with Bush three times, and then didn't follow through with anything of substance. When they agree to binding sanctions, let us know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Grovelling gets you small concessions. At least on paper, but few would be gullible enough( besides Obama) to think China or Russia or Iran would honor any agreements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Scraps of paper with names on them mean nothing.

Proof of the pudding they say is in the eating.

I will be happy to wait a bit and see exactly what happens next. Will China actually do what they have agreed to?

Europeans won numberous concessions from the Iranians in the last 10 years only to see the Iranians renig. China has a good track record of doing what ever they want. We shall see.
Yes, we've been down this road contless times before. It's almost mind boggling is how willing Obama is to be played for a fool. He's making Neville Chamberlain look like a hawk.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
The Ukraine has decided to give up all of it's weapons grade Uranium leftover from Russia which is a feather in Obama's cap
Interesting how now the transportation of high-level Nuclear material across international borders is suddenly just fine, yet the same technology for such shipments is simply way too risky to even discuss when talking about moving our own Nuclear Waste to a safe national repository within the US.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:13 AM

8,288 posts, read 13,637,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I have a silly question for you.

do you know how many nukes America had in Jan 2001 and how many America had in Jan 2009?
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Obama is holding a summit in the hopes of preventing terrorists from obtaining enriched uranium.
I don't know how many nukes we had between 2001 & 2009 but I assume they have been decreasing due to previous treaties. We still have too many nukes to absolutely destroy the planet or is the deep seated hatred for Obama on this board more important?

Old 04-13-2010, 09:15 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,248,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Interesting how now the transportation of high-level Nuclear material across international borders is suddenly just fine, yet the same technology for such shipments simply way too risky when talking about moving our own Nuclear Waste to a safe national repository within the US.
Man you nailed it! The liberal EnviroNazi's of this country should be strung up and beaten because its clear that common sense is not in their catalog of qualities. Obama is King of the World ....unless "World" happens to encompass my backyard!

Old 04-13-2010, 09:19 AM

1,089 posts, read 659,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Can you plz tell me were I can sign up for this Utopia world?

Try and understand...some leaders in this world are just evil and insane.....thats that!
There is no such thing as a Utopian world. Try and understand what President Obama said just today. That the threat of attack from a country has gone down, but the threat of nuclear attack from terror attack has gone up. If terrorists were to obtain nuclear material, they would not hesitate using it. And that's that.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Man you nailed it! The liberal EnviroNazi's of this country should be strung up and beaten because its clear that common sense is not in their catalog of qualities. Obama is King of the World ....unless "World" happens to encompass my backyard!
Yes, if these people were interested in even being the least bit consitent, they would be screaming bloody murder that Obama would even consider "playing dice" with the world's safety. At least in the US, the DOT strictly regulates shipment of all Nuclear material. I wouldn't be surprised if the Ukranians just pack their stuff on a 30 year old Tupelov T-154!

Old 04-13-2010, 12:57 PM

24,552 posts, read 23,300,098 times
Obama sold the USA's nukes and got a handful of magic beans. You know the story, Barack and the Beanstalk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies