Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2010, 02:52 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,909,487 times

Advertisements

Tomorrows News:
Florida considers repealing a law that prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.

Illinois considers repealing a state law that requires that a man's female companion shall call him "master" while out on a date. The law does not apply to married couples.

Would we care? No because it is some ancient irrational law that affects no one that was made to suppress or maybe oppress women....same with this law. No affect on us, and curing gays is very insulting and a form of oppression as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 03:13 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,311,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
Illinois considers repealing a state law that requires that a man's female companion shall call him "master" while out on a date.
Quick tension breaker here. I was watching "I Dream of Jennie" with my wife, who is from another country and had never seen the show. As you all know, Jennie always calls Major Nelson "Master". Seeing it as a term of affection, she called me that one time when we were out in public. You should have seen the looks we got! Precious.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:42 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,983,629 times
Should we really listen to some country folk hillbilly from Texas though? You are from there?

I believe you are the abnormality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
It is an abnormality though. One that may be caused from genetic disorders, chemical imbalances, social influence or a combination of them.

Last edited by artsyguy; 04-07-2010 at 04:12 PM..

Old 04-07-2010, 03:44 PM

She is an ignorant Texan. What more could you expect from such a backward hick state?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
I accept the fact that my example is flawed. But so is yours.

If you use the US as an example, the minorities would be "abnormal" as the white population is the greatest, by your logic.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:48 PM

I think the gay bashers are envious of this video. Nomander wishes she could be this cool:

YouTube - Chicago Gay Pride Parade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
Tomorrows News:
Florida considers repealing a law that prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.

Illinois considers repealing a state law that requires that a man's female companion shall call him "master" while out on a date. The law does not apply to married couples.

Would we care? No because it is some ancient irrational law that affects no one that was made to suppress or maybe oppress women....same with this law. No affect on us, and curing gays is very insulting and a form of oppression as well.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:04 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,756,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Why are liberals so afraid of accurate descriptions?

These are the same people who think the word "mentally retarded" is offensive, and want to replace it with " impaired" which is much more general, less specific, and confusing, as it could could include other problems like depression, bipolar, etc....

Why are you so afraid of the truth?

You're offended by the word "abnormal"?
I am only offended by it when it is used in some way that infers 'wrongness'. The only ones I've ever seen or heard use the word "abnormal" in these discussions are those who make some 'moral judgment' of homosexuals and/or homosexuality. To them it seems 'abnormal' means 'immoral'.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:09 PM

Left handed is abnormal. I don't see people crying about it to Jesus or a psychiatrist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
I am only offended by it when it is used in some way that infers 'wrongness'. The only ones I've ever seen or heard use the word "abnormal" in these discussions are those who make some 'moral judgment' of homosexuals and/or homosexuality. To them it seems 'abnormal' means 'immoral'.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Why does the left always try to compare things like this to behavior?
You only see it as comparison to 'behavior' because you equate homosexuality with behavior, which it is not. A homosexual is still homosexual as a heterosexual is still heterosexual whether either of them ever has sex or not.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
No, again you are comparing outside of like comparisons. Homosexuality is a behavior that occurs in humans (as well as animals). We can properly assess its normality within humans. Heterosexual behavior is consistent, common, normal, homosexual behavior is not consistent, uncommon, abnormal.
Sexuality is NOT 'behavior'! It has to do with who you find sexually attractive.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:22 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,611,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Even a consensus can be wrong. Remember there was once a great consensus that the Earth was flat but it didn't make it true.
and this is very true. and now there is a great consensus that the earth is spherical which is not only a consensus but a fact of life because we have made discoveries and become informed that this is the way the eart is. There has also been a time in our history where homosexuality was looked at as a disease because we had no knowledge, studies, or any sort of understanding of it. Now that there has been lots of research, anecdotal evidence and a society that is overall more educated as opposed to say 60 years ago etc. homosexuality isn't a "scary abnormal wicked" disease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies