Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 01:53 PM

13,053 posts, read 13,000,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
Spare me your conservative doctrines. Equating lack of commonality to abnormality is a hoot.

That's like saying the whole entire human species is abnormal because there are billions and billions of insects out there compared to the measly population of humans.
Actually, it is a simple fact of literacy.

Your example is flawed. You are doing cross species comparison. You can evaluate what is common in insects and what is common in humans, but to apply cross analysis is not the same as a commonality within the species. That is, unless you are stating that homosexuals are not human?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 01:54 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,118,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Color, e ye color. Also, africans are more susceptible to certain diseases like sickle cell and glaucoma.

Did you know that african americans are 10x more likely to get glaucoma than other americans?

No differences, eh?

Why does the left always try to compare things like this to behavior?

Old 04-07-2010, 01:54 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,260,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Why are conservatives so afraid of accepting those that are different from them?
proof? Having words be accurate is not "accepting" it seems more of a description issue.

Gotta love how liberals are so tolerant of opinions that differ from their own. not.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:55 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,078,690 times
Quote:
I know it's hard for liberals to understand logic, but it's called an ANOLOGY.

Someone brought up "Sexuality" I bring up an examp,e, and suddenly it's "off topic" becuase I humiliated you by disproving the argument just made.
Humiliated me...not at all.

I stand by my words...

Quote:
I know it's hard for liberals to understand logic, but it's called an ANOLOGY.

Someone brought up "Sexuality" I bring up an examp,e, and suddenly it's "off topic" becuase I humiliated you by disproving the argument just made.

Because if they accept your analogy, they then have to question the legitimacy of their own position. Easier to dismiss than to deal with which is why they react so.

1,052 posts, read 1,654,932 times
Quote:
Color, e ye color. Also, africans are more susceptible to certain diseases like sickle cell and glaucoma.

Did you know that african americans are 10x more likely to get glaucoma than other americans?

No differences, eh?
Are we trying to be racist now?

Eye color = genetics. It's not a social construct, the last time I've checked. Also, natural physical differences are not a social construct as well.

And disease rates are based on incidences, which again, has nothing to do with social construct.

I would recommend taking a sociology course

Old 04-07-2010, 01:57 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,260,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
Are we trying to be racist now?

Eye color = genetics. It's not a social construct, the last time I've checked. Also, natural physical differences are not a social construct as well.

And disease rates are based on incidences, which again, has nothing to do with social construct.

I would recommend taking a sociology course
you said there's absolutely no difference physically between people, as race is only a social construct.

Why are blacks more likely to get glaucoma if they are exactly the same other than skin color like you claim?

I don't know, maybe because races are different?

Quote:
proof? Having words be accurate is not "accepting" it seems more of a description issue.

Gotta love how liberals are so tolerant of opinions that differ from their own. not.
Being held to a definition again puts pressure on their position. Much easier to change the definition as needed to fit ones position.

26,680 posts, read 28,771,205 times
Quote:
So, if a conservative disagrees with you, then what? Is he just a liberal in disguise? Only you know the truth and only those who agree with you are right?

Old 04-07-2010, 01:58 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,654,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Actually, it is a simple fact of literacy.

Your example is flawed. You are doing cross species comparison. You can evaluate what is common in insects and what is common in humans, but to apply cross analysis is not the same as a commonality within the species. That is, unless you are stating that homosexuals are not human?
I accept the fact that my example is flawed. But so is yours.

If you use the US as an example, the minorities would be "abnormal" as the white population is the greatest, by your logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies