Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 04:41 PM

25,146 posts, read 54,152,529 times

Advertisements

This is all the scientific evidence you and I will ever need. People are social beings and share their love in different ways. Godbless :

YouTube - Toronto Pride 2007 TD Bank Speedo Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
So you apply fallacious approach to the discussion and ignore the content and you think you are assessing my intelligence?

Keep it up, you are doing wonders for your position.. oh wait, that's right, you don't have one, you are just trolling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 04:42 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,577,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Why hasn't the American Psychological Association postulated the same theory? Do you believe that homosexuality can be "cured"?
How easy is it to break a habit or an addiction? Are alcoholics/drug addicts ever really cured of alcoholism/drug addiction or do they have to constantly reinforce what they've learned in therapy/rehab on a daily if not minute by minute basis? It's a compulsive behavior whereby you are compelled to perform a particular act, the desire comes first then the satiation you experience after performing the action fuels the addiction, and you end up wanting more and more until it becomes self destructive.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 04-07-2010 at 04:53 PM..

Old 04-07-2010, 04:46 PM

13,053 posts, read 13,016,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Sexual behavior is intertwined with physiological reflex and an emotion called love. I'm not sure you've ever been educated on that yet.
Sexual pertains to to the involvement of sexes, that is the relations, sex pertains to that of the type. Behavior is an observed activity. Place them together and you have the activity of sex between the same sex.

The behavior of such is abnormal and to deny such is to deny literacy, but go ahead and make up your meanings if you like. /boggle

Next you will likely tell me that placing ones appendage in the defecation hole of another is how babies are made.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:47 PM

2,404 posts, read 7,935,989 times
If he is assessing your intelligence then he is doing it accurately.

I think there is some sort of direct correlation between intelligence and accepting and understanding of others. For example, the more unintelligent and ignorant, the more judgmental of those that are different from you, and the more you think you are the "norm" and label others as "abnormal" when exactly the opposite is true.

Quote:
So you apply fallacious approach to the discussion and ignore the content and you think you are assessing my intelligence?

Keep it up, you are doing wonders for your position.. oh wait, that's right, you don't have one, you are just trolling.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:47 PM

Well thank God you are not observing gay sexual behavior lol. Without the observer there are no abnormalities.

Quote:
Sexual pertains to to the involvement of sexes, that is the relations, sex pertains to that of the type. Behavior is an observed activity. Place them together and you have the activity of sex between the same sex.

The behavior of such is abnormal and to deny such is to deny literacy, but go ahead and make up your meanings if you like. /boggle

Next you will likely tell me that placing ones appendage in the defecation hole of another is how babies are made.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
This is all the scientific evidence you and I will ever need. People are social beings and share their love in different ways. Godbless :

YouTube - Toronto Pride 2007 TD Bank Speedo Boys
Am I supposed to be upset by that picture?

Sexual activity does not define love, if it did a dog humping your leg would be considered love. They are two separate concepts, yet often muddled by arguments such as yours trying to legitimize your position.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:51 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,577,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Sexuality is NOT 'behavior'! It has to do with who you find sexually attractive.
So you don't think a human can regard people of their same sex as "sexy"? It's not because you're a man you can't recognize a guy as sexy, or a female could look at another female and find her sexy as well, you're not a homosexual unless you desire, seek sexual gratification from, and engage in sexual behavior with people who have the same sexual organs as you.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Well thank God you are not observing gay sexual behavior lol. Without the observer there are no abnormalities.
Add something to the conversation, or I will report you for trolling and attacking personally. Either act like an adult, or leave the thread.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:54 PM

I am sorry. We just have to agree to disagree. And no those gay pride videos are to cheer you up.

Quote:
Add something to the conversation, or I will report you for trolling and attacking personally. Either act like an adult, or leave the thread.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
If he is assessing your intelligence then he is doing it accurately.

I think there is some sort of direct correlation between intelligence and accepting and understanding of others. For example, the more unintelligent and ignorant, the more judgmental of those that are different from you, and the more you think you are the "norm" and label others as "abnormal" when exactly the opposite is true.
So if two people agree, it must be true? And yet you also have not attended the facts of the argument, you simply stated your subjective opinion and to be honest, it means nothing when we are discussing the facts.

I am not being judgmental, I am stating a fact and because I properly used a definition, I am attacked for it? Really? And you presume to assess my intelligence?

Open a dictionary up sometime, learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies