Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 09:30 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,575,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Urologists usually don't deal with FEMALE reproductive organs, lol.

Male yes, urinary yes, female no.
Hey, with Obama's health care plan, doctors will be forced to take on four forms of medicine at once for minimum wage while standing on their heads trying to touch their nose. That is if Armageddon doesn't hit first. He may become America's first "Uropediaproctoptimologist".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 07:48 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,100,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Only one little problem: "I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know."

Obamacare eliminates that patient privacy and neither the physician nor the patient have any say in the matter. Our medical records become an open book for any government employee or bureaucracy the HHS Secretary deems appropriate.

Quite possibly this doctor has an objection with Obama and the HHS coming between himself and his patient when it comes not only to treatment options but also the right to privacy.
More fear-mongering. How appropriate.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
He can run his "business" however he wants. Once he has a patient then those rules apply..notice it does say "patient".
Please re-read before commenting...he's telling his "Patient's" that are Obama supporters to go somewhere else. Nullifying his Oath...and some say voiding his license.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
I guess the term, "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" can be applied here. More power to him. To bad most people don't have the balls to do what he did.
100% doesn't apply to him, per his Oath and the ethics of his profession. Now if he wants to challenge those boards that hold his license's as to those requirements...then that's his "business". Otherwise, he's choosing political posturing over actually healing and caring for his patients.

bye-bye license.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:53 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,309,308 times
It's called the facts. He has not violated any medical ethics or licensing statutes. A physician has the right to refuse to see patients. He or she is not obligated to treat anyone. Sure, morally this may not be right but in terms of the law, he hasn't broken it.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:53 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,210,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
Florida doctor tells Obama supporters to go elsewhere for medical care - OrlandoSentinel.com

I've seen it all now. I guess he's protected by the first amendment freedom of speech. I wonder how the medical board will handle this situation. His wife is a lawyer so I assume he consulted with her before posting this sign.

it doesnt violate his oath, nothing said in the laws about political affiliation or votes.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:54 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,391,751 times
So,... If one owned a grocery store, they should be allowed to post a sign asking that you not shop there if you did not vote the way they wanted you to?

Old 04-02-2010, 07:57 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,210,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
So,... If one owned a grocery store, they should be allowed to post a sign asking that you not shop there if you did not vote the way they wanted you to?

private business, sure why not. you could always not shop there.

plus if you read the article, you will read that the doctor did not ask any of his patients how they voted.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
It's called the facts. He has not violated any medical ethics or licensing statutes. A physician has the right to refuse to see patients. He or she is not obligated to treat anyone. Sure, morally this may not be right but in terms of the law, he hasn't broken it.
Obviously you know not of what you speak. Please read the Oaths and ethics rules in FL...a physician has the right not to treat anyone who is not sick...but no right to not treat anyone, and no right to ban a patient of his for political reasons.

Start reading then get back to us. Have a great day.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:59 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,421,014 times
I think this doctor is unethical. No doctor should ever have a prejudice against any patient. I hope someone files a complaint with the Florida Medical Board. He should be ashamed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies