Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 09:38 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,021,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
This is his BUSINESS, he owns it.

He owns the practice and has the RIGHT to refuse treatment to a person, a group or anyone he sees fit. After all it is not an emergency it would be an office visit.

I private owned corner store has the right to refuse you buying something so why shouldn't he have the same right?

Since it is in his office he can flat out refuse those who are trying to rip him off.
Doesn't matter if it's his business. I guarantee you he's setting himself up for a human rights lawsuit.

This is akin to a doctor saying, "I'm not going to treat you because you stink". That's fine...and sure, he can choose to do that, but he'd better prepare himself for the legal action. Not to mention the bad press which in of itself might be bad enough to put the guy out of business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 09:50 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I guess he took a Hypocritic Oath

Gees guess he believes that Obama is a Hypocrite!

Old 04-01-2010, 10:12 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
Florida doctor tells Obama supporters to go elsewhere for medical care - OrlandoSentinel.com

I've seen it all now. I guess he's protected by the first amendment freedom of speech. I wonder how the medical board will handle this situation. His wife is a lawyer so I assume he consulted with her before posting this sign.
We Spoke Loudly...But It Didn't Matter At All

Old 04-01-2010, 10:29 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
Doesn't matter if it's his business. I guarantee you he's setting himself up for a human rights lawsuit.
Yes it does.

Right now, physicians who own their own practices don't have to take any form of insurance...private or tax dollar backed.

Quote:
This is akin to a doctor saying, "I'm not going to treat you because you stink". That's fine...and sure, he can choose to do that, but he'd better prepare himself for the legal action. Not to mention the bad press which in of itself might be bad enough to put the guy out of business.
Hardly.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:35 PM

223 posts, read 169,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
Free Speech is only "Free" when you make statements the Dems agree with.......hypocrisy at its' best!!
Can you please provide some proof of this oh so credible assertion?
One nice thing, I haven't seen any Ds hate the Rs so much as to pull this stunt, especially after a "first of all, do no harm" oath is taken.

If an Obama supporter would die from severe trauma and the only medical person around was this doctor, do you really think they'd let that person die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Yet another right of American citizens taken away from Adolf Obama.
You're so funny, Adolf Obama. Hahaha, that's a real knee slapper.

Please provide a list of these rights that the American citizen has lost.
You can start with Bush's Patriot Act, if you choose.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Only one little problem: "I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know."

Obamacare eliminates that patient privacy and neither the physician nor the patient have any say in the matter. Our medical records become an open book for any government employee or bureaucracy the HHS Secretary deems appropriate.

Quite possibly this doctor has an objection with Obama and the HHS coming between himself and his patient when it comes not only to treatment options but also the right to privacy.

Can you please provide a link to this startling information that:
Quote:
Obamacare eliminates that patient privacy and neither the physician nor the patient have any say in the matter. Our medical records become an open book for any government employee or bureaucracy the HHS Secretary deems appropriate.
I'm sure you read it somewhere, but I'd appreciate a link to confirm your assertion, please.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:39 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieMame View Post
Can you please provide some proof of this oh so credible assertion?
One nice thing, I haven't seen any Ds hate the Rs so much as to pull this stunt, especially after a "first of all, do no harm" oath is taken.

If an Obama supporter would die from severe trauma and the only medical person around was this doctor, do you really think they'd let that person die?
Just because you are unaware of people not contributing to the benefit of collectivists does not mean that it doesn't occur. I personally avoid doing anything that would benefit known collectivists in any way whatsoever. I have no responsibility to help my enemy.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Not true.
Really, blanket assertions with no information to back it up is a bit adolescent, donchathink?
Oh yes it is; oh no it's not.

Please provide backup to your comments.
You made the comment, I'd appreciate seeing some proof.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:45 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieMame View Post
Can you please provide a link to this startling information that:

I'm sure you read it somewhere, but I'd appreciate a link to confirm your assertion, please.
It is not my problem if you choose not to read the new law. Look it up for yourself. It is there.

I notice you only challenge me and not the poster who states everything stays the same. Why is that? Blinded by your bias perhaps?

Old 04-01-2010, 10:53 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Commies don't deserve medical attention. America needs more patriots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies