Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 09:06 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,488,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Like these doctors? Or
these doctors? Or doctors and organizations of physicians mentioned here? Or, like the drama queen referred to in the OP?
How many of those doctors actually practice medicine? Not research, not paper pushers, not over-seers of "something" where it really will not affect what they do in a day, let alone their bottom lines?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 09:10 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,845,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
How many of those doctors actually practice medicine? Not research, not paper pushers, not over-seers of "something" where it really will not affect what they do in a day, let alone their bottom lines?
A vast majority of them including two in my family.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:11 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,304,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
Florida doctor tells Obama supporters to go elsewhere for medical care - OrlandoSentinel.com

I've seen it all now. I guess he's protected by the first amendment freedom of speech. I wonder how the medical board will handle this situation. His wife is a lawyer so I assume he consulted with her before posting this sign.
I loved the chance to vote "yes" with the other 70% +. Thanks for the opportunity.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Only one little problem: "I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know."

Obamacare eliminates that patient privacy and neither the physician nor the patient have any say in the matter. Our medical records become an open book for any government employee or bureaucracy the HHS Secretary deems appropriate.

Quite possibly this doctor has an objection with Obama and the HHS coming between himself and his patient when it comes not only to treatment options but also the right to privacy.
I am not allowed to rep you but I want to take this chance to say that what you say here about the latest Pelosi bill makes too much sense.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:23 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,336,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Amen. I wish more of them come out of the closet so I can take my business to doctors who care about practicing medicine over running politics.
Is it politics, or is it freedom?

Consult a physician.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
What ever was covered under HIPPA still is and anything else is no different then it's been since the Privacy Act of 1974 was enacted. And the Patroit Act, takes care of anything left.

Nothing has changed.
I think that the attempt to force doctors to send patient records to a national agency takes away all of what you say is not changed. Maybe you need to stop getting all your info from MSNBC.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Not entirely. I don't think it would be legal for him to reject patients based on skin color or religion, for example.
I didn't see anything about race in that sign, or religion, for that matter. He said if you voted for Obama you can get your care somewhere else.

What happens when bureaucratic boards have to determine who can see what doctor because of the horrible shortage of doctors? We have a shortage now and if they get this law to ride just think how short we will be with over 30 million new patients. That shortage will be so severe that anyone over the age of 50 will have to doctor himself.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:31 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,563,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I didn't see anything about race in that sign, or religion, for that matter. He said if you voted for Obama you can get your care somewhere else.

What happens when bureaucratic boards have to determine who can see what doctor because of the horrible shortage of doctors? We have a shortage now and if they get this law to ride just think how short we will be with over 30 million new patients. That shortage will be so severe that anyone over the age of 50 will have to doctor himself.
H1B roy..H1B. They'll import all the doctors and nurses.

Just like they did for software engineers years ago..with CEO's crying shortage.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Is it politics, or is it freedom.

Consult a physician.
I wonder if it will be politics that determines who gets treated once we add those 30+ million when the present "law" goes into effect? Maybe they will find a way to avoid looking like politics since it doesn't go into effect before 2014. I wonder if they will have enough money spent that should have been socked away from taxing us for 4 years before it all begins.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
H1B roy..H1B. They'll import all the doctors and nurses.

Just like they did for software engineers years ago..with CEO's crying shortage.
Somebody is going to be short if they import enough doctors. I think that we need to do something humane about all this and that is not it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies