Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2010, 05:16 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,321,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVOBAMA View Post
I'm a little confused about why she told them of her plans up front. Why didn't she just show up at prom?

Because people like her want to force their ways onto others is why.

They can have their own freak show prom off school grounds if they wanted to attend their own freak show prom.

Other kids did not want to see two girls or two boys kissing and slobbering all over each other and ruin their own prom with this crap.

Gosh, this has become a sick world when freaks try to push their illness on others like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 05:19 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,610,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
It is hard for me to believe that in 2010 we still have people judging one another by things like race and sexual orientation. How shallow and foolish.
It's really not that hard to believe. Some people in this world are just innately stupid. It's just the way God made them so can't fault them for that That being said I feel that we have come along ways in our general understanding of the world et al., but unfortunately we will never be able to rid this world of prejudice and idiocy.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:21 PM

99 posts, read 151,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

They can have their own freak show prom off school grounds if they wanted to attend their own freak show prom.

Other kids did not want to see two girls or two boys kissing and slobbering all over each other and ruin their own prom with this crap.

Gosh, this has become a sick world when freaks try to push their illness on others like this.

I think she was planning for a lawsuit all along. Or at least a made for t.v. movie!

Old 03-11-2010, 05:30 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,356,445 times
or maybe she asked first b/c she is a kid and, living in Miss., has likely come across some issues w/ her sexuality in the past so just wanted to double check first before causing any issues. sounds like a good kid, asking permission (even if she didn't need to do so), not her fault the school board was intolerant and bigoted.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:37 PM

89 posts, read 143,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

When I read this, I am wondering who the freak show/sick here is.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:44 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,577,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keks View Post
When I read this, I am wondering who the freak show/sick here is.
No kidding. Apparently 2 girls dancing together at a prom signals the end of the civilized world as we know it. I really wish people would focus their attention on the real troubles of the world. If people are lucky enough to find love in their lives, it's a great thing. Perhaps if some of the haters on this thread experienced a little love in their own lives they wouldn't be so filled with contempt for those that have found it.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:47 PM

99 posts, read 151,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
or maybe she asked first b/c she is a kid and, living in Miss., has likely come across some issues w/ her sexuality in the past so just wanted to double check first before causing any issues. sounds like a good kid, asking permission (even if she didn't need to do so), not her fault the school board was intolerant and bigoted.

Well, maybe Morgan Freeman will offer to throw them a prom. I really hate all of the kids have to suffer. However, it is Ms. There are places there where blacks and whites don't go to the same prom. I'm sure she knew they wouldn't approve. She has lived there her entire life. I'm not saying it's right, but I'm sure she saw trouble coming.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:00 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,015,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Jesus christ, it's Mississippi and despite what Southerners would like everyone else to believe its still:

segregation today . . . segregation tomorrow . . . segregation forever!

Isn't that the truth?!!! Those girls need to get out of there, at least Atlanta, which has a vibrant gay community.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:09 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,577,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Isn't that the truth?!!! Those girls need to get out of there, at least Atlanta, which has a vibrant gay community.
The city itself maybe, but get anywhere near the burbs, not so much.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:10 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,709,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirriam View Post
This is disgusting. I think the theocrats should move to Iran or something. Or find an island somewhere where everyone has the same religious views.
Or move to Provo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies