Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 12:12 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,334,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Because it is against their religion, and what the bible says, and since homosexuality is a choice they choose not to indulge in this sin.
Seriously, where did you get the info that homosexuality is a choice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2007, 12:14 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
That piece is the same exact article that turns up everywhere, from Mothering magazine to every other anti-soy entity.

I think I finally got to the bottom of this. I found out who Kaayla Daniel, author of that article, precisely is.
Kaayla Daniel, author of the article, is on the board of the Weston Price Foundation.
The Weston A. Price Foundation, a career soy-basher that has “milked” their soy-bashing campaign for several years. Sally Fallon and co-author Mary Enig seem to run the show.

Not limited to warning against the consumption of soyfoods, their upside-down prescription for health extends to debunking low fat diets, and particularly the vegetarian and vegan lifetstyle while strongly promoting meat and dairy consumption.

Check out what John Robbins has to say about the anti-soy rhetoric.
link

And more:
Dr. Suze Paxton (R.Ph.), President, Preventive Nutrition Consultants, Inc.,
link (broken link)

Here is Weston Price's link: Weston Price
GuyPinestra, I don't know if your curiosity is satisfied, but mine is.
I think I now have the *whole* story on this.
I am an unapologetic carnivore.
Soy is no miracle food that everyone should wolf down 24/7, but neither is Daniel's essay is the final word on soy.
Thank you for researching that, since I haven't had a chance... as a librarian, I have to say "don't believe everything you read on the 'net", and this thread proves that point. Anyone can write an article, but unless there are other credible sources to back it up, it's basically no better than reading somebody's diary. And while I'd like to think my diary is somewhat educational, I'd hardly use it as "evidence" on an issue.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
Seriously, where did you get the info that homosexuality is a choice?
From the Bible, apparently... and while it makes for a good read, that's another source I wouldn't use to support an entire issue.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:17 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,784 times
Knowing what I do about the powers behind soy, (ADM, Cargill, Monsanto and the rest of 'Big Ag') I'm uncomfortable with their suppositions that soy is such a great food, especially when you consider the way it is processed. It CERTAINLY shouldn't be a major part of a person's diet, considering the possible side-effects of that much estrogen in the human body.

Soy in a pregnant woman's diet I think is an extreme health risk to the baby, and soy formula for infants is just plain STUPID! The effects of increased estrogen on developing bodies can be catastrophic, and should hardly be discounted.

A point to ponder, if you will. Big Ag, along with Big Pharma, control the production of our foods and medicines. They also control the FDA, who is SUPPOSED to be looking out for OUR best interests. They're NOT. If you don't believe me, look at Vioxx. These people are NOT to be trusted.

Ultimately, the ingestion of soy is a personal choice that should be made by an objectively informed person. After reading what I've read in the last 24 hours, I choose NOT to, and will not have it in my home.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:31 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,170,052 times
So if you don't eat soy and you are gay anyway, how did it happen?

Old 05-15-2007, 12:32 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,435,219 times
A point to ponder, if you will. Big Ag, along with Big Pharma, control the production of our foods and medicines. They also control the FDA, who is SUPPOSED to be looking out for OUR best interests. They're NOT. If you don't believe me, look at Vioxx. These people are NOT to be trusted.

That is a very valid point here...thanks for bringing that to my attention!

Old 05-15-2007, 12:33 PM

There are many reasons why people are "gay"...I sincerly doubt our food makes someone gay...seriously, doubt that.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:50 PM

340 posts, read 745,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I drank Soy milk for the first time this morning to see what all the fuss was about. And I can announce that I feel a litttle evil & gay per the topic headline. So what can I do to get my masculinity back ? I searched WND and there is nothing I could find to counteract my SoySexuality. I guess im doomed. How will I tell my wife ? Should she drink Soy so we can be equal! HELP!!!!!

On a serious note, Soy tastes like dirt, who can honestly say it tates good ?
LOL !!!!!

Soy tastes like SH*T.... I recommend a Jack Daniel's on the rocks or a Jack N' Coke to help you get over this bout you are having !!! ASAP !!!!

Old 05-15-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Knowing what I do about the powers behind soy, (ADM, Cargill, Monsanto and the rest of 'Big Ag') I'm uncomfortable with their suppositions that soy is such a great food, especially when you consider the way it is processed. It CERTAINLY shouldn't be a major part of a person's diet, considering the possible side-effects of that much estrogen in the human body.

Soy in a pregnant woman's diet I think is an extreme health risk to the baby, and soy formula for infants is just plain STUPID! The effects of increased estrogen on developing bodies can be catastrophic, and should hardly be discounted.
Um, my sister was raised on soy formula, since both breast-milk & regular milk almost made her die (allergic reaction)... so let's see - if given a choice between my child dying or having a little extra estrogen, I'll take the estrogen any day. I resent you implying somebody is STUPID for feeding it to their child, given the reasons why most mothers would need to.

Btw, my sister is now 5 months pregnant, and I do believe she's still ingesting soy (not to an extreme measure), and the baby is fat & healthy so far! She's probably the most careful, dare I say PARANOID, pregnant women I've ever seen... so I doubt she'd be eating anything that's dangerous for her unborn child. Like I said before, I'm not trying to say there are no risks, but everything can have risks at certain levels. Oh, and my sister herself is also extremely healthy, aside from her milk/lactose allergy.

Last edited by gizmo980; 05-15-2007 at 12:59 PM..

Old 05-15-2007, 12:53 PM

I don't know but if the above is true here, I would be afraid to injest Soy here, Guy makes some wonderful points here, and I for am going to investigate further!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies