Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 05:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Because these peopel didn't have to die.

That's the difference.
And people dont have to die from car accidents, just get rid of vehicles, they dont have to die from knife murders, get rid of knifes. People dont have to die from hangings, just abolish rope. I please serious, get real..
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Let me ask you..if someone you loved didn't have access because they weren't "rich" enough or were denied insurance or couldn't afford the premiums.. would you be okay with "well people die" .. particularly when, if they had recieved treatment, they could live? I doubt you will.

How about YOUR child.. because EVERYBODY is somebodies child.. is YOUR answer to the entire thing THEN acceptable to you?
PEOPLE GET CARE WITHOUT INSURANCE, those who arent "rich" enough sure in the hell do indeed get FREE care, its called WELFARE. Is this troubling to you? Do you not understand this? Hell, using your argument we should all suffer to send tons of food to Africa where MILLIONS are dying in starvation. Dont you care about THESE CHILDREN? Why is it all about you greedy people who always think about YOU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 05:22 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
Could you please list the insurance corporations that you consider the model of efficiency. I'll thank you in advance.
http://www.uspirg.org/home/reports/r...e-patient-care

Quote:
The money that insurance companies spend on inefficient administration, billing and marketing – instead of medical care for their enrollees – contributes to the high health care costs Californians must endure.
This doesn't just apply to California.

The Inefficient Individual Health Insurance Market

Old 11-05-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
The thing is it isn't happening to them so they feel like they shouldn't care.

Until it happens to someone they love, good luck trying to make them sympathize with other people.
Your argument is just as bad as the last one.. How about these people..
http://site.projectmad.org/images/africa_poverty-383x480.png (broken link)
You dont care about these people right because its not happening to YOU.. If you did care, you would be calling for WORLD WIDE HEALTHCARE.. But you arent, its all about YOU. And yes, this is YOUR argument..

Dam selfish individuals drive me nuts..

Old 11-05-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Your argument is just as bad as the last one.. How about these people..

You dont care about these people right because its not happening to YOU.. If you did care, you would be calling for WORLD WIDE HEALTHCARE.. But you arent, its all about YOU..

Dam selfish individuals drive me nuts..

You think I don't care?

Shows how much you DON'T know about me.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:

You think I don't care?

Shows how much you DON'T know about me.
Where is your call for world wide healthcare? Shall we take "roll call" of those who starve world wide? You begin and dont respond until your done..

Dont know about you? Would this be the SAME stuff YOU dont know about ME, but pretended you did a minute ago? Remember this thread?
Quote:
The thing is it isn't happening to them so they feel like they shouldn't care.
yes, you indeed said the EXACT same thing about me but thought it was fine when you did..

Old 11-05-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Where is your call for world wide healthcare? Shall we take "roll call" of those who starve world wide? You begin and dont respond until your done..

Dont know about you? Would this be the SAME stuff YOU dont know about ME, but pretended you did a minute ago?
::vows to stick to ignore list::

Old 11-05-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
::vows to stick to ignore list::

Good, then you wont have to read about me calling you out for pretending you are the authorative on who cares.

Nothing I hate worse than a hypocrite who says others dont care, and when their own hypocracy is pointed out "ignore". Funny though this is a thread about "Republicans" trying to shut someone up, when you responded with "shut up".. haha..

Btw, you arent done listing all of those deaths yet are you? So you cant support your own words with actions.. Typical..

Old 11-05-2009, 05:30 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
And here I was thinking may left wingers were for tort reform............
The statement above makes no sense.

Care to clarify?

Old 11-05-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The statement above makes no sense.

Care to clarify?
I thought right wingers were against suing.
Here you are encouraging someone to sue.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:33 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,113 times
Quote:
And people dont have to die from car accidents, just get rid of vehicles, they dont have to die from knife murders, get rid of knifes. People dont have to die from hangings, just abolish rope. I please serious, get real..

PEOPLE GET CARE WITHOUT INSURANCE, those who arent "rich" enough sure in the hell do indeed get FREE care, its called WELFARE. Is this troubling to you? Do you not understand this? Hell, using your argument we should all suffer to send tons of food to Africa where MILLIONS are dying in starvation. Dont you care about THESE CHILDREN? Why is it all about you greedy people who always think about YOU.

Oh please.. give me a freaking break. That's right.. the POOR get free healthcare.. WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE POOR HERE.. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE THAT ARE WORKING MIDDLE CLASS. WE ARE ALSO TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE WITH HEALTH INSURANCE WHO'S CLAIMS GET DENIED.

LOL>.funny thing is you are all so worried about "paying for someone else's health care".. well that statement is completely ignorant.

Case in point.. I met a woman the other day that lost her house. Want to know why. Despite her and her husband having good jobs, owning a home and having insurance through their job, when her 38 year old husband developed a brain tumor he got treatment, insurance denied the claims and he racked up $200K in medical bills (more than even his house was worth).. so .. what happened, they declared bankruptcy, lost their house and their debt was "discharged" with a bankruptcy on their records. Do you think that money just magically goes "poof" into thin air?? REally?? ARe you REALLY that oblivious!! It doesn't go POOF.. they charge the next person MORE to make up for it.. and the NEXT person is you, me and everyone else..

AND this guy HAD INSURANCE THAT HE AND HIS EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTED TO.

And.. what.. unless you find a "free clinic" which doesnt 'exist anywhere you think medical care is FREE because without money you can just get it? LOL>. Drugs stores don't take IOU's for pills that cost more than a persons weekly salary . Are you aware that a week in the hospital could cost you $56K!!! or more..

Cost of Cancer Treatments Soar
Quote:
New treatments have been developed which effectively double the life expectancy of seriously ill cancer patients, giving them more time with their loved ones. However, these miracle treatments come at a hefty price. It is not unusual for these drugs to cost $50,000 or even $100,000
The Assertive Cancer Patient : The (High) Cost of Cancer Treatment: I

Man.. do some research.. learn what the hell you are talking about before you come out here and rattle your nonsense.

BTW. you didn't answer my question about YOUR LOVED ONES. Are your answers to my posts here acceptable to You when it's your child or your loved one whose life is on the line?

Pathetic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies