Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 05:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
I proved that people die every 12 minutes in this country with the link I provided.
And the same number die by car accidents, and someone dies every 20 minutes due to the flu, or murdered every 25 minutes, and people die from lack of heat in their home through the winter.. Whats the point? PEOPLE DIE? WOW, I didnt know that..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 05:09 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Because Grayson did this as a scare tactic so I would like to know how he came up with the names.

No Grayson just brought to light what many are turning a blinds eye too... putting you face to face with the REALITY of it..

again.. unless you think people do not actually die from lack of insurance..

Want to hear an INDIVIDUAL example of how lack of insurance kills.. Watch this
FRONTLINE: sick around america | PBS

Old 11-05-2009, 05:10 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Grayson was grandstanding - nothing more.

I wonder if Grayson got permission from the survivors of those who's names he read.

If not - they may have rights to take legal action against Grayson.

I, for one, hope they do
And here I was thinking may left wingers were for tort reform............

Old 11-05-2009, 05:11 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
Quote:
I proved that people die every 12 minutes in this country with the link I provided. Obviously I do not have the list of names of people who died.. and he didn't give names.. he gave the numbers.. the SAME numbers that are drawn from when putting together that article. Only difference is that it wasn't specific to ONE STATE as he was in naming off districts and the number of people within each that died.. BUT that same data he broke out is USED TO COME TO THE STATS that were outlined in the linked article...

You want to play semantics.. go right ahead.. what is your point? Are you denying that people die from lack of insurance? LMFAO.. yeah.. okay.. like I said.. tell yourself that if it helps you sleep better at night.

You are not getting it. I can tell you how many people died in my town last night that does not mean it was from lack of insurance.

I know people die from lack of insurance but this man did this to grand stand and you posted about it so I asked for the facts as to how he came up with his numbers.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And the same number die by car accidents, and someone dies every 20 minutes due to the flu, and people die from lack of heat in their home through the winter.. Whats the point? PEOPLE DIE? WOW, I didnt know that..

Because these peopel didn't have to die.

That's the difference.

Let me ask you..if someone you loved didn't have access because they weren't "rich" enough or were denied insurance or couldn't afford the premiums.. would you be okay with "well people die" .. particularly when, if they had recieved treatment, they could live? I doubt you will.

How about YOUR child.. because EVERYBODY is somebodies child.. is YOUR answer to the entire thing THEN acceptable to you?

Old 11-05-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
You are not getting it. I can tell you how many people died in my town last night that does not mean it was from lack of insurance.

I know people die from lack of insurance but this man did this to grand stand and you posted about it so I asked for the facts as to how he came up with his numbers.

And igave you the links that talk about the SAME things this man did.. the numbers and all..only more general.. ANd I even directed you to a news story about an individual example of how people die NEEDLESSLY from otherwise manageable disease if they had had access to care.

But you want to bury your head in the sand.. go right ahead..

It's clearly YOU who do not get it

Old 11-05-2009, 05:13 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:
Because these peopel didn't have to die.

That's the difference.

Let me ask you..if someone you loved didn't have access because they weren't "rich" enough or were denied insurance or couldn't afford the premiums.. would you be okay with "well people die" .. particularly when, if they had recieved treatment, they could live? I doubt you will.

How about YOUR child.. because EVERYBODY is somebodies child.. is YOUR answer to the entire thing THEN acceptable to you?
The thing is it isn't happening to them so they feel like they shouldn't care.

Until it happens to someone they love, good luck trying to make them sympathize with other people.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:14 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
I'm so disgusted..

This Rep rattles off the name of all those that are dead due to lack of insurance and thereby access to health care and the Republicans try to shut him up. When he wouldn't.. the end the session on the floor..

Disgusting!! I lose respect for the Republicans party every day!

YouTube - Republicans Attempt to Cut Off Rep. Alan Grayson's Speech

Welcome to the club

Old 11-05-2009, 05:15 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
The bubble belongs to those like you who believe that the government will suddenly become "efficient", "cost cutting", and "responsible"......ludicrous at BEST!!!!
Could you please list the insurance corporations that you consider the model of efficiency. I'll thank you in advance.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And the same number die by car accidents, and someone dies every 20 minutes due to the flu, or murdered every 25 minutes, and people die from lack of heat in their home through the winter.. Whats the point? PEOPLE DIE? WOW, I didnt know that..

And let me ask you this question.. if someone you loved died in a car accident because some ******* was drunk or was driving like an ******* (think about the wman from Biggest Loser who lost her entire family to a man driving over 100 miles an hour.. her 4 year old, her 2 month old and her husband).... they died NEEDLESSLY.. wouldn't you be outraged?

So why shouldn't we be outraged when someone could be saved from treatment or live with a manageable disease but doesn't have access to it because they are deemed "not worth" the price tag. How much is YOUR life worth? How much is the life of your loved ones worth? That is acceptable to you? Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies