Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 04:55 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
I'm so disgusted..

This Rep rattles off the name of all those that are dead due to lack of insurance and thereby access to health care and the Republicans try to shut him up. When he wouldn't.. the end the session on the floor..

Disgusting!! I lose respect for the Republicans party every day!

YouTube - Republicans Attempt to Cut Off Rep. Alan Grayson's Speech

What a crackpot this guy is. He's really milking his 15 minutes.

Lack of insurance does NOT equate to access to healthcare in this country. And where are the facts? They should have shut him up, then kicked him out until he could actually conduct himself as a member of congress should.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 04:57 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,086,339 times
Grayson is the most wacked out nutcase in Congress which is hard to believe considering Palosi and Reid are there. He is looking for attention and is USING the dead for his moment in the lights.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:57 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Too bad more reps aren't bringing attention to those who die every year due to a lack of health insurance.

Too many in Washington are living in a bubble where they think things like this aren't happening every day.

How do you know these people didn't die from a lack of health insurance?
1-Prove those people he named died souly due to lack of health insurance.

I agree they all live in a bubble

People die with insurance.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:58 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,010,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Show me the FACTS. You claim he is speaking the facts. Where is the proof to back up every name he said. If there is none then it is him grand standing and it is getting old.
Study links 45,000 U.S. deaths to lack of insurance | Health | Reuters

Quote:
Nearly 45,000 people die in the United States each year -- one every 12 minutes -- in large part because they lack health insurance and can not get good care, Harvard Medical School researchers found in an analysis released on Thursday.
This is a little older but here.

amednews: State-by-state analysis ties lack of insurance to earlier death :: May 5, 2008 ... American Medical News

Quote:
Overall, uninsured people between the ages of 25 and 64 were 25% more likely to die than their same-aged insured counterparts, concluded the 2002 Institute of Medicine report from 2000 data. This increased mortality equaled an additional 18,000 deaths in 2000. The Urban Institute found that lack of insurance caused 22,000 adults' deaths in 2006
Lack of Insurance Linked to 17,000 Child Deaths - Healthy Kids and Pediatrics - Information on Children's Health produced by doctors (http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=107089 - broken link)
Quote:
They found that kids who lacked health insurance were 60% more likely to die in the hospital than were kids who had insurance. After adjusting for such differences as race and gender, uninsured kids were still 37.8% more likely to die than kids with insurance coverage.
There's just a few!

Old 11-05-2009, 04:59 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,010,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

Since i'm not in his state and do not have access to that information as he does.. I don't.. but I refer to the articles and studies I linked to.

Denial is a very sad state to live n . I guess ignorance is bliss. You can't find yourself actually caring about something you refuse to look at and/or admit happens.. I guess whatever helps yOU sleep at night

Old 11-05-2009, 04:59 PM

639 posts, read 1,142,437 times
Quote:
GEe.. you have a fatal disease like cancer, no money to pay for medical treatments (at the inflated uninsured price) and no insurance to gain access.. equals death!! It's pretty clear when someone dies because they didn't or couldn't receive treatment.. that lack of treatment cause their deaths!!

That's okay.. you all make excuses and poo poo it to death.. doesn't change the facts.

No, it's not the Repubs fault they don't have insurance. BUT it's the Repubs fault why they won't as long as they stand in the way of reform.

http://www.reuters.com/article/healt...58G6W520090917
Why do we have to go from Plan A - Current System to Plan ZZ without looking at Plan B, Plan C, Plan D, Plan E, etc.......Why the EXTREMELY radical change?? Why not allow for purchase of health insurance across state lines and limit lawsuits AKA Tort Reform (Obama can't do that...he has the attorney's in his pockets)to see what happens to cost?? Why are we throwing out the bathtub, tiles, bath towels, wash cloths, soap, shampoo, and the baby with the bath water?? The government has FAILED miserably at EVERYTHING they have ever gotten their grimy paws on (Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, HUD, U.S. Post Office, etc, etc, etc)...come on people, why in the WORLD would anyone actually believe that they will suddenly be prudent, efficient, and cost cutting???? If that isn't enough, they also have UNDERESTIMATED the total cost of EVERY social program they have EVER instituted........What a joke.....it's as clear as the nose on my face but I guess I'm a "radical" or some other nonsense.......

Old 11-05-2009, 05:00 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,783,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

Yes I know people with insurance die but those without insurance are at an increased risk of dying due to a lack of health insurance.

All of them don't live in a bubble but the majority do.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:00 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,826 times
Quote:
Study links 45,000 U.S. deaths to lack of insurance | Health | Reuters

This is a little older but here.

amednews: State-by-state analysis ties lack of insurance to earlier death :: May 5, 2008 ... American Medical News

Lack of Insurance Linked to 17,000 Child Deaths - Healthy Kids and Pediatrics - Information on Children's Health produced by doctors (http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=107089 - broken link)

There's just a few!

No, no, no. I want the proof of the names HE named if he does not have it then he should not be speaking.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:01 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,783,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
Why do we have to go from Plan A - Current System to Plan ZZ without looking at Plan B, Plan C, Plan D, Plan E, etc.......Why the EXTREMELY radical change?? Why not allow for purchase of health insurance across state lines and limit lawsuits AKA Tort Reform (Obama can't do that...he has the attorney's in his pockets)to see what happens to cost?? Why are we throwing out the bathtub, tiles, bath towels, wash cloths, soap, shampoo, and the baby with the bath water?? The government has FAILED miserably at EVERYTHING they have ever gotten their grimy paws on (Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, HUD, U.S. Post Office, etc, etc, etc)...come on people, why in the WORLD would anyone actually believe that they will suddenly be prudent, efficient, and cost cutting???? If that isn't enough, they also have UNDERESTIMATED the total cost of EVERY social program they have EVER instituted........What a joke.....it's as clear as the nose on my face but I guess I'm a "radical" or some other nonsense.......
This is not a radical change.

This is basically a bailout for the insurance companies. They will gain lots of new customers they can rip off and try to deny care to when the people get sick.

Selling health insurance across state lines is a HORRIBLE idea.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:02 PM

639 posts, read 1,142,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Yes I know people with insurance die but those without insurance are at an increased risk of dying due to a lack of health insurance.

All of them don't live in a bubble but the majority do.
The bubble belongs to those like you who believe that the government will suddenly become "efficient", "cost cutting", and "responsible"......ludicrous at BEST!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies