Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 06:07 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,256,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
This is getting out of hand. Everyone is so hypersensitive that you can say the word "popsicle" and someone will find a racist undertone. This stuff needs to stop.
Very telling the you would use the word "popsicle", Cobolt. Don't think some of us can't read between the lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 06:14 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,224,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Very telling the you would use the word "popsicle", Cobolt. Don't think some of us can't read between the lines.
Indeed!

Old 09-16-2009, 06:17 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,418,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post

Old 09-16-2009, 06:18 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,949,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But at Jimmy Carter's age, 47 would be "a boy" in retrospect.

I think this was taken out of context when seen as the "whole" and I would not say it was racist.
i don't think what wilson said had anything to do with racism.

i am not defending wilson because he voted for the bailouts so i think that wilson is just trying to keep his political career alive in the face of an angry electorate. i reject carter using the race card to stay relevant, however. he will have to do better than that!

Last edited by floridasandy; 09-16-2009 at 06:52 PM..

Old 09-16-2009, 06:19 PM

247 posts, read 380,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Democrats and the media are making race the issue in America.
I'd say you're dead wrong on this issue. The media is making race an issue in this country!

The media is spouting all of this hateful twaddle and then each side (dems/repubs) is put in the position of having to defend their *honor* so-to-speak.

Honestly, I've never heard so much RACE twaddle being flung around in all my life, and I'm 58 people. I'm not some young spring chicken. I've been married to the same woman for almost 40 years. I have 8 kids, and 5 grandkids.

Three of my kids are adopted. A deaf child from Africa, a blind child from Taiwan, and a down syndrome child from Mexico.

My own family is Black, White, American Indian, Mexican, and Chinese.
My wife's family is Hawaiian and Japanese.

I've been called every racial slur you can imagine -- even ones for races to which I do not belong. That however was back in the 60s. As I've gone through school and matured, so had the other kids around me. They began to practice tolerance.

People want to heal this country and that's why so many white folks voted for Obama. It was the culmination of their need to heal and show acceptance.

Now at every f'ing turn, there's some news bozo with a microphone and his nose out of joint looking to toss the RACE card in whenever they can. I'm sick of it!

I spent 38 years in service. That's a helluva long time. My military buddies were from every race imaginable. Know how they all referred to one another? As brothers and sisters! Yeah, imagine that. People of all races, religions, backgrounds, political parties, belief systems, and what have you ... all treated one another with respect, and empathy.

Know why? Because there wasn't any f'ing news bozo with a microphone and his nose out of joint looking to toss the RACE card in whenever they can.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:21 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,080,660 times
Are popsicles racist? How can that be, they come in every color?!?!

Old 09-16-2009, 06:21 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,224,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i don't think what wilson said had anymore to do with racism than what carter said......

i am not defending wilson because he voted for the bailouts so i think that wilson is just trying to keep his political career alive in the face of an angry electorate. i reject carter using the race card to stay relevant, however. he will have to do better than that!
WHY do you think Carter has to do anything to "stay relevant"?

Old 09-16-2009, 06:23 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,824,147 times
Well what do you expect - he's from Georgia - however, he's always been a very good Massa to the black boys down there.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:24 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,256,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Are popsicles racist? How can that be, they come in every color?!?!
I wouldn't say that popsicles are racist. But I do believe that if you think about it long enough, you'll "get it".

Old 09-16-2009, 06:24 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,080,660 times
Be careful Eddie, some here believe that if you complain about the 'race card' then you are one of the racists.

Thanks for your post, I think it represents the frustration many of us feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies