Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2009, 10:33 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,203,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
STOP it with the race card alright? These gatherings have NOTHING to do with race. Any time one has a weak argument they pull out the race card.

CHEAP!
If you took the time to visit other forums you will find that they do indeed have a lot to do with race.....check out Plains Radio, Stormfront just to mention a couple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 10:38 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,348,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Ithere garnateee to go up with just his cap and trade. Democrats have never lowered taxes. If they can get it there they will raise fees. They rae the party of tax and spend and always have been.Lok nat the deficit that has triped in a short timje. Anoy wo thinks that comes free is a fol;plin and simple.
Are you writing in some kind of Redneck Ebonics or are you just a lousy typist?
I think maybe you need to slowwwwwww down when you type if you expect folks to understand what you are trying to "say".

Ken

Old 07-06-2009, 01:18 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,721,231 times
So how were the turnouts in your towns?

Ours was estimated at around 200 people, out of ~90,000 total area residents.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:31 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,864,494 times
Our numbers were down due to the heavy rain all morning and no publicity. I haven't heard the count. My friend went to one in Dallas and their count was 37,500. They were expecting 10,000. Not to worry. There is another one planned for Sept 12, 2009.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:39 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,203,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
Our numbers were down due to the heavy rain all morning and no publicity. I haven't heard the count. My friend went to one in Dallas and their count was 37,500. They were expecting 10,000. Not to worry. There is another one planned for Sept 12, 2009.
But of course none of those 37,500 were simply celebrating Independence Day huh?

Old 07-06-2009, 01:42 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,220,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
Not to worry. There is another one planned for Sept 12, 2009.
And it will be smaller still. And the crazies will be more prominent.

The purpose of the original teabagging events (a way for the GOP supporting institutions to foment anti-Obama sentiment) will be increasingly marginalized. And the racists, birthers, and John Birchers will be dominant.

It would be funny, except that those elements of the radical right tend to push each other until some of them commit violent acts.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:46 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,847,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
And it will be smaller still. And the crazies will be more prominent.

The purpose of the original teabagging events (a way for the GOP supporting institutions to foment anti-Obama sentiment) will be increasingly marginalized. And the racists, birthers, and John Birchers will be dominant.

It would be funny, except that those elements of the radical right tend to push each other until some of them commit violent acts.
wonder if there will be as many racists as are invited to obama rallies. I actually live in a state with more than 1 race, and I heard that there were people of all races at the tea parties in raleigh. won't catch me there though. protesters are fruits.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:49 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,672,903 times
http://www.mywesttexas.com/articles/...9550487795.txt

“Mr. Obama, America was, is and always will be a Christian nation,” said the Rev. Paul Gossett, Ph.D.
I thought this was about taxes???

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/zimriel/TeaParty20090703/teaparty1.jpg (broken link)
Taxes?

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/zimriel/TeaParty20090703/teaparty7.jpg (broken link)
Um.... taxes?

Old 07-06-2009, 01:51 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,672,903 times
ohhh from Freep!

Hundreds protest taxes (& demand Hussein's birth certificate @ Boiling Springs Tea Party) PICS!

Quote:
Michael Brady, one of the event's lead organizers, took the stage in period attire of founding father Thomas Paine. Brady told attendees the TEA (Taxed Enough Already) party movement across the country is a "protest against the overreaching of our government."

"I'm not calling anyone to arms … yet," Brady said.
Wonderful!

Quote:
When asked whether he wanted Obama overthrown, Blackstone said he would like to see the president impeached because, "No. 1, he hasn't shown us a birth certificate. No. 2, (for) mismanagement and abuse of the office."
Insightful!

Old 07-06-2009, 01:53 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,847,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
MyWestTexas.com > News > Top Stories: TEA party meant to be a catalyst for future change, participants

“Mr. Obama, America was, is and always will be a Christian nation,” said the Rev. Paul Gossett, Ph.D.
I thought this was about taxes???

Taxes?

Um.... taxes?
I can't really see the second photo, but I get a kick out of people who call the US a christian nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies