Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2009, 06:41 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,040,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Are you writing in some kind of Redneck Ebonics or are you just a lousy typist?
I think maybe you need to slowwwwwww down when you type if you expect folks to understand what you are trying to "say".

Ken
No it is not "Redneck Ebonics" the person has dislexia. Must be nice to be perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 07:04 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,498,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Of course not! The state-run media doesn't want people to know what's going on out here in the real world. Barry wouldn't like everyone to know that there is a rapidly growing number of people in the USA that want his communist experiment to end NOW. Stupid is as stupid wants to think, and the liberals that frequent this board appear to have a monopoly on stupidity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot05 View Post
Exactly... I bet the media heads caught all kinds of crap from the Emperor for showing anything on the Tea Parties. No wonder they didnt give any coverage this time.

Of course I also bet more people would go to a Tea Party on April 15th than July 4th when most people are traveling or at picnics
Foxnews dropped the teabag events since they bombed the first time. The media covers things that are media worthy not protests that didn't amount to high school bake sales in most places. Hey, blame Obama and blame the media, why change up now.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:01 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,390,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyeller View Post
They got no recognition the first time around. Obama ordered the media to ignore em. Go see the fifty thousand who are going to show up in Dallas and get back to me.
Tinfoil time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
LOL. Somehow I knew you would bring that tax chart up. My wife and I will save $904.00. Not much of a big deal for us.
You can't use an extra $940? I wish I could say that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Based on what I can see, this forum like many others are very left wing heavy.

Somehow, these left wingers can't get it through their head that the tea parties are not a conservative issue.

Not sure why thats so complicated.
Probably b/c they all get conservative speakers.

Omaha.com - The Omaha World-Herald: Metro/Region - Spending ‘eroding our freedom,’ Terry says

Instead, the Republican Terry focused on Obama and his Capitol Hill allies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
That is the message that I heard at the one I attended. Stop the spending, Stop the tax increases (Taxed Enough Already), Stop the illegal takeover of private business, Stop the bailouts, Stop with the "czars", Read before you sign; etc.

I don't know where you're getting this information from, but I know that many of the people attending the Tea Parties are Democrats. Everyone is fed up. This isn't about parties and party affiliation. It's about government, and returning responsible government to the people, by the people. It is our government.

As I said above: They are not "Republican rallies". They are citizen rallies, people demanding that there government be responsible.

That's why Republicans speak at them, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
So how were the turnouts in your towns?

Ours was estimated at around 200 people, out of ~90,000 total area residents.
300 people in Omaha, where I spent the 4th. That's out of a metro of 800,000.

Terry told the crowd of about 300 at Walnut Grove Park, 150th and Q Streets,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Of course not! The state-run media doesn't want people to know what's going on out here in the real world. Barry wouldn't like everyone to know that there is a rapidly growing number of people in the USA that want his communist experiment to end NOW. Stupid is as stupid wants to think, and the liberals that frequent this board appear to have a monopoly on stupidity.
Time for tinfoil again!

Quote:
Exactly... I bet the media heads caught all kinds of crap from the Emperor for showing anything on the Tea Parties. No wonder they didnt give any coverage this time.

Of course I also bet more people would go to a Tea Party on April 15th than July 4th when most people are traveling or at picnics
What a wussy excuse! Where's the courage of their convictions? Couldn't they have found a tea party where they were visiting?

Old 07-07-2009, 06:49 AM

221 posts, read 439,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Foxnews dropped the teabag events since they bombed the first time. The media covers things that are media worthy not protests that didn't amount to high school bake sales in most places. Hey, blame Obama and blame the media, why change up now.
What would you classify as bombing exactly? If by bombing, you mean 80,000 people didnt show up and worship someone like Obama, then yea you're right.

The media covers things are are media worthy? Where the hell have you been for the past decade. The media in this country is a joke. They are more interested in what was in some actor's crap than real news. Nice try though

Old 07-07-2009, 06:58 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,498,498 times
Quote:
What would you classify as bombing exactly? If by bombing, you mean 80,000 people didnt show up and worship someone like Obama, then yea you're right.

The media covers things are are media worthy? Where the hell have you been for the past decade. The media in this country is a joke. They are more interested in what was in some actor's crap than real news. Nice try though

The media covers things that people want to see. For goodness sakes, Foxnews didn't cover them!! Reporting on what basically amount to hate fest were ok once but why do it again? What new information was going to be gleaned from these small gatherings? Local news had short bits on some of them..What more do you want for sparsely attended BBQs with posters and loud speakers? Should the media be handcuffed into showing the same people with the same posters everytime they decide to gather?

Old 07-07-2009, 08:10 AM

22,979 posts, read 27,175,576 times
Quote:
The media covers things that people want to see. For goodness sakes, Foxnews didn't cover them!! Reporting on what basically amount to hate fest were ok once but why do it again? What new information was going to be gleaned from these small gatherings? Local news had short bits on some of them..What more do you want for sparsely attended BBQs with posters and loud speakers? Should the media be handcuffed into showing the same people with the same posters everytime they decide to gather?
Why not? They did it with Cindy Sheehan,Code pink etc. But wait, those are the I hate conservative Bush bashers so THAT's news!
How 'bout the pro Obama gatherings the media slobbered over? Naw, not one sided at all...

Old 07-07-2009, 08:13 AM

10,654 posts, read 18,730,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Why not? They did it with Cindy Sheehan,Code pink etc. But wait, those are the I hate conservative Bush bashers so THAT's news!
How 'bout the pro Obama gatherings the media slobbered over? Naw, not one sided at all...
It was a Presidential Election... and they covered the Pro Palin and McCain ones as well!

I have never seen MSM coverage of Code Pink.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:56 AM

221 posts, read 439,063 times
Quote:
lol hate fest? Do you even know what the organizers of the tea party are for? I'm guessing not. I'd bet you'd agree with alot of their stuff. Unless you are for out of control spending, higher taxes, & huge government invading on every aspect of your life.

I guess the media only has 2 hands and they are both handcuffed by Obama right now, so you're right

Old 07-07-2009, 09:39 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,422,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Tinfoil time.

You can't use an extra $940? I wish I could say that!

Probably b/c they all get conservative speakers.

Omaha.com - The Omaha World-Herald: Metro/Region - Spending ‘eroding our freedom,’ Terry says

That's why Republicans speak at them, eh?

300 people in Omaha, where I spent the 4th. That's out of a metro of 800,000.

Terry told the crowd of about 300 at Walnut Grove Park, 150th and Q Streets,

Time for tinfoil again!

What a wussy excuse! Where's the courage of their convictions? Couldn't they have found a tea party where they were visiting?
Hey, Kat, have you seen any figures of the number that attended in Dallas? It doesn't sound like you have.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:49 AM

10,654 posts, read 18,730,225 times
approx 35,000 out of a population of 1,280,000. 2%.

Last edited by newtoli; 07-07-2009 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: decimal point!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies