Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 07:10 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,580,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
OTOH the thread I mentioned will degenerate into a "if you can't show a clip it never happened" and "epic fail" pizz-fest, dominated by a couple of 7th graders.

Yep, I'm on that thread. The actual transcript of that speech has been posted numerous times for the naysayers to read & after having that delivered to them on a plate, they are still insisting Obama said we overreacted. As a matter of fact, one poster said it's not what he says but what he DOESN'T say that is important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 07:11 PM

18,415 posts, read 19,056,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New-Mona View Post
I am Egyptain and I felt the same thing.....He did wonderful job in cairo today and all the people in my country were impressed with his great speech.
I think american people made the right decision to elected this man.
The President Barak Obama is the man of the moment.
new mona, thanks for posting it is nice to hear what the people of ciaro thought, thanks again

Old 06-04-2009, 07:16 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,490,081 times
Quote:
Originally posted by Synopsis
I'm 14 minutes into President's Obama's speech in Cairo, and I have to say thus far, it's one of the best speeches I've seen.

It's not weak or lily-livered (he brought up 9/11 near the beginning) as some have suggested. He isn't candy coating anything; he's delivering salient points in an extremely effective manner.

For those of you who say "it's just words," the first step has to start out with words; words that can unite and bring people together. He is (or did) that very well. I haven't finished watching, but look forward to the rest of the speech.

Here's to hoping it's the first step in good things regarding world peace. I certainly wouldn't mind having 1 billion sane Muslims on our side.
If President Obama succeeds in winning over Muslims, then his presidency will have been worth it.

Quote:
Originally posted by new-mona
I am Egyptain and I felt the same thing.....He did wonderful job in cairo today and all the people in my country were impressed with his great speech.
Thank you for the direct feedback. Your post is very encouraging.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:17 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,215,123 times
I saw Lynn Cheney (The new Sarah Palin) dissect the speech on MSNBC, she is another kook, seems to run in the family...

Old 06-04-2009, 07:17 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,231,085 times
So damn proud to be an American with Obama at the helm! So damn proud!

I got up to watch it live and just think what he said was so great, so healing. Turn the other cheek, if you're with us, we're with you..... education, religious tolerance, women's parity. I am leaving out much. But what a leader we have!

Old 06-04-2009, 07:58 PM

156 posts, read 133,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Well once Rush and FoxNews get through with their "creative editing" I'm sure it'll be proclaimed as nothing more than a "blame America, kiss the azzes of Muslims" speech. Kind of like his speech in Europe a month or so ago.

Oooops, too late, there's already a post overreacting because he said that "America overreacted after 9/11".

I guess the OP on that one doesn't remember people calling the FBI at the sight of every cropduster, hijab or angel dust spilled on the street. And of course all of the talk about "we must arm commercial airline pilots", and the lady in Austin TX who called the cops when she saw the (can't remember the name of the) US Army skydiving team practicing, she thought it was "Red Dawn". And it's so nice to be able to carry my own water on a commercial airliner. Strip searching granny and giving her an anal probe to let her on a plane doens't qualify as "overreacting" either.

I guess everyone here (especially those who worry that Obama is burning up the Constitution, is just fine with the Patriot Act.

golfgod
You should watch, (still have time tonite) to watch MSNBC keith olbermann (mr. liberal bias himself ) showing a clip of hannity and limpbag, of course denouncing President Obama's speech, truly disgusting comments by the windbag himself. He said the muslims had better hurry up and destroy America because Obama will beat them to it.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:03 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,950,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New-Mona View Post

Sponsor me to come to Egypt? I want to see the Great Pyramid!

Old 06-04-2009, 08:14 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,543,094 times
Muslims are clearly not the problem. It is the extremists that wreak havoc. How is he going to win over the people that prefer to die? Giving a speech?

Old 06-04-2009, 08:16 PM

221 posts, read 219,488 times
President Obama is doing exactly what he should be doing. The Anti Obamaites should now keep quiet and let a man who actually is doing something to end the hatred of America by Muslims do his job.. No other President has achieved that with their actions so please do not criticise Pres Obama for going to the middle east. Obama is now showing the muslims that America are not bullies or evil by standing in front of them on their national tv and letting them see for themselves that real Americans should not be hated or feared. Well done Mr President you are showing the world that America means action not just empty words when we talk about bringing peace between America and the Arab World.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:27 PM

4,500 posts, read 2,845,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Sponsor me to come to Egypt? I want to see the Great Pyramid!

You are welcome any time....Synopsis!! just make up your mind and come to Egypt.....I will be your guide. It is a great pleasure for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies