Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 12:46 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
They are not the sole reason it passed though.
You can't pin the passing of Prop 8 on the blacks and hispanics.
Pin them? Hell, I thank them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 12:47 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,709,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
They are not the sole reason it passed though.
You can't pin the passing of Prop 8 on the blacks and hispanics.
Why not, they voted in favor of it at a much higher percentage then whites voted against it. It is what it is, regardless of ideology or agenda.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:47 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Only Democrats voted for Obama? News to me.
My point is, nearly 2 Million Obama voters saw fit to vote Yes on 8.

That's the reason Prop 8 passed.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:48 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,472,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
My point is, nearly 2 Million Obama voters saw fit to vote Yes on 8.

That's the reason Prop 8 passed.
At last correlation = causation.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:49 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
freaking Canada allows Gays to get married and they aren't falling apart
America is homophobe! Go read my thread on the 11 year old who commited suicide because he was accused of being gay.

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
in order to have a militia.
Nope.

In order to defend yourself. Against anything from wild animals to criminals to tyranny. And to hunt. And to do anything else you want to do with a gun that's legal.

4,657 posts, read 8,709,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I have no words for this.

Go figure that America is the only country that is still sitting here fighting over gay rights and abortion and national health care. We are falling behind fighting over these things. China and India are advancing and this country is sitting here fighting over this. We are going to be left behind the more we sit here and argue about this.

Yes, it is true. This country is focused too much on "me me me" and "I I I". Just because I think gay marriage is gross, I will stop them from marrying in a country that is supposed to be free.

Thanks to some of these people, America is being held back from becoming a more modern and progressive country. Look at Canada, Sweden. They don't have any trouble with gay marriage. They all have national health care and Canada has NO RESTRICTIONS ON ABORTION. They don't sit there arguing and crying about it.

Why do we as Americans have a problem if a gay man can marry another man? Being gay is a not a choice. You really think people want to be gay and be shunned by family and society and then in the end be denied the chance to marry the person they love? You really think someone would pick this? You really think that it is a fun choice to pick and be discriminated against? You really think that it is funny or ok or acceptable when a lesbian cannot see her partner of 30 or 40 years because of the "me me me" and "I I I"? No, it is not. Not in a country where everyone is supposed to be free!

This is a shame. A downright shame.

Yeah, killing pre born baby's is soooo "modern and progressive", so modern in fact Mr. Hitler loved it so he must have been waaaaay ahead of his time. P.S. Way to hijack a thread and bring abortion into it, when there's lke 5 other threads on that topic already. Agenda much?

Old 05-26-2009, 12:51 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I have no words for this.

Go figure that America is the only country that is still sitting here fighting over gay rights and abortion and national health care. We are falling behind fighting over these things. China and India are advancing and this country is sitting here fighting over this. We are going to be left behind the more we sit here and argue about this.

Yes, it is true. This country is focused too much on "me me me" and "I I I". Just because I think gay marriage is gross, I will stop them from marrying in a country that is supposed to be free.

Thanks to some of these people, America is being held back from becoming a more modern and progressive country. Look at Canada, Sweden. They don't have any trouble with gay marriage. They all have national health care and Canada has NO RESTRICTIONS ON ABORTION. They don't sit there arguing and crying about it.

Why do we as Americans have a problem if a gay man can marry another man? Being gay is a not a choice. You really think people want to be gay and be shunned by family and society and then in the end be denied the chance to marry the person they love? You really think someone would pick this? You really think that it is a fun choice to pick and be discriminated against? You really think that it is funny or ok or acceptable when a lesbian cannot see her partner of 30 or 40 years because of the "me me me" and "I I I"? No, it is not. Not in a country where everyone is supposed to be free!

This is a shame. A downright shame.
Happy B-day! Those who think homosexuals are too stuck on sex sure do a lot of talking about homosexual sex, don't they?

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Yeah, killing pre born baby's is soooo "modern and progressive", so modern in fact Mr. Hitler loved it so he must have been waaaaay ahead of his time. P.S. Way to hijack a thread and bring abortion into it, when there's lke 5 other threads on that topic already. Agenda much?
Very true. And those who support late second trimester and third trimester abortion on demand really can't argue that it's not killing kids.

Let's pullllleaaaase not turn this into another abortion thread though.

3,454 posts, read 7,407,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I don't believe in God.
Well you're just lucky I guess that he believes in you. For some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies