Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 07:41 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times

Advertisements

Bush and Cheney were never in contempt of court because they never agreed to testify under oath claiming "executive privilege"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 07:49 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Obama has repeatedly said that America "does not torture" when pressed for an opinion on waterboarding. What Obama has NOT said is that "If we detain an indidvidual that has crucial information regarding an imminent attack on Amercica, I will NOT allow waterboarding to get that information." Reading between the lines, even Obama knows that he must do whatever is necessary and that all options are on the table.

For those *******s that need translation: "In the public view, I will be the antithesis of George W. Bush. Behind the scenes, I will do whatever it takes to keep America safe, just like George W. Bush did."

Liberals may feel warm and fuzzy inside over the so-called "torture" memos, but I personally believe that Obama has steadfastly refused to take those options off the table with is ducking and dodging of direct questions. "America does not torture" is the new tag-line, but that's all the details we get. The torture memo dog-and-pony show the Democrats have paraded through liberal minds is nothing but a facade, and the liberal electorate has fell for it, as evidenced by the OPs thread.

But if you insist on re-hashing blowjobs in the Oval Office, why wasn't Clinton doing a "blow job" on Osama Bin Laden when he had him in the crosshairs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
So you can read Obama's thoughts?

You prove my point. You fell hook, line, and sinker. The history of our government dictates that whatever is said to the general public, especially in cases of national security, is not necessarily what's going on behind the scenes. Since when do any of us know what the CIA/NSA/FBI does in complete transparency? I'd argue that the "torture memos" are just a thumbnail of what really takes place behind closed doors in far away places to keep us safe.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
You prove my point. You fell hook, line, and sinker. The history of our government dictates that whatever is said to the general public, especially in cases of national security, is not necessarily what's going on behind the scenes. Since when do any of us know what the CIA/NSA/FBI does in complete transparency? I'd argue that the "torture memos" are just a thumbnail of what really takes place behind closed doors in far away places to keep us safe.
You may want to review the history of our country.

Antiwar.com Blog · George Washington: No Torture on My Watch

Old 05-04-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
You may want to review the history of our country.

Antiwar.com Blog · George Washington: No Torture on My Watch
Interesting read. Thanks for the link.

The founding principles of this country are indeed those that don't include torture. I don't disagree with that at all. However, i'd argue that the creation of the CIA and the NSA pretty much absolves any of the noble objectives of George Washington and the politics of his time. Obama is a figurehead who represents the face of America and has a vested interest in "seeming" noble. The intelligence community operates in the shadows, and I personally think it's quite gullible for anyone to think that, just because some silly memos were released, America is out of the terrorist ass-kicking business.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:

But if you insist on re-hashing blowjobs in the Oval Office, why wasn't Clinton doing a "blow job" on Osama Bin Laden when he had him in the crosshairs?
What kind of "job" was this on Osama Bin Laden?

YouTube - Rumsfeld Assisted Osama Bin Laden's Tora Bora Escape

Old 05-04-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Interesting read. Thanks for the link.

The founding principles of this country are indeed those that don't include torture. I don't disagree with that at all. However, i'd argue that the creation of the CIA and the NSA pretty much absolves any of the noble objectives of George Washington and the politics of his time. Obama is a figurehead who represents the face of America and has a vested interest in "seeming" noble. The intelligence community operates in the shadows, and I personally think it's quite gullible for anyone to think that, just because some silly memos were released, America is out of the terrorist ass-kicking business.
So you believe that the "The intelligence community" holds all the power of our country?

Old 05-04-2009, 08:53 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
This is a horse, you guys never get tire of beating.
Because this is all they have, and even if they had more, it shows how stupid they are because its been proven NUMEROUS times that there were no "crimes"..

Lets not even discuss that DEMOCRATS ran Congress for the last 2 years of the Bush presidency, and DEMOCRATS would be doing the impeaching, not republicans.. The whole thread goes to show the ignorance of liberals..

Old 05-04-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
So you believe that the "The intelligence community" holds all the power of our country?
No, I believe that Obama is more pragmatic about the danger our country faces than the people who voted him in would like to believe. If it weren't for the likes of Nancy Pelosi and Patrick Leahy, Obama would have already laid this issue to rest. Terrorists worldwide are still getting a daily kick in the groin by our intelligence officers. Bet on it.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 05-04-2009 at 09:24 AM..

Old 05-04-2009, 09:23 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,388,660 times
Bush's War Crimes and Obama's Birth Certificate: Two subjects guaranteed to stir the pot, but both pretty much a big distractor.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Worley View Post
Bush's War Crimes and Obama's Birth Certificate: Two subjects guaranteed to stir the pot, but both pretty much a big distractor.
Distractor from what? Is investigating a possible crime a distractor? Should we close our courts and send the judges packing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies