Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 12:37 PM

17,025 posts, read 12,643,830 times

Advertisements

Todays liberals have to be the least gracious winners ever. (now)

This comes after being the least gracious losers ever. (2000)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 01:13 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,382,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Like the security of our Nation depends on torturing?

[How low we have sunk to have citizens like this? Full blown ignorance combined with no shame whatsoever in commiting war crimes]
The last terrorist I seem to recall cut off the heads of their captured or drug them through the streets untill their limbs fell off and made a nice video to share with the world.
Maybe we could give them cake and icecream and play love songs so they will begin to love us and tell their information.

If Bush is charged with war crimes we will have no buisness stepping a foot outside this country, every country will scream war crimes every time anything happens and the President will fail to protect the USA because he will be afraid to make a desision.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:06 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,482,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Todays liberals have to be the least gracious winners ever. (now)

This comes after being the least gracious losers ever. (2000)
You would think conservatives would be all about holding people accountable for their actions, I guess I'm wrong there.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:11 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,228,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
The last terrorist I seem to recall cut off the heads of their captured or drug them through the streets untill their limbs fell off and made a nice video to share with the world.
Maybe we could give them cake and icecream and play love songs so they will begin to love us and tell their information.

If Bush is charged with war crimes we will have no buisness stepping a foot outside this country, every country will scream war crimes every time anything happens and the President will fail to protect the USA because he will be afraid to make a desision.
I seem to recall that we behave with more dignity and honor than the terrorists do. If you want to act like Jack Bauer, perhaps you should find a country that doesn't prohibit torture in its laws.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I seem to recall that we behave with more dignity and honor than the terrorists do. If you want to act like Jack Bauer, perhaps you should find a country that doesn't prohibit torture in its laws.
Maybe you should take your own advise because we do allow interogation and it wasn't Bush who said waterboarding was ok it was our judicial system, yes it was sent to the sumpreme court where it was ok'd ny judges.
If everyones so happy Obama is our new leader why don't they listen to him, this has been brought up to him and he wants no part in a trial for Bush, he is smarter than that. The only people who can be taken on charges are the Judges who gave the ok they said it was legal to waterboard and anyone acting upon that was within our law.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:35 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,508,754 times
Quote:
Correct, it's not going to happen and it shouldn't happen, Bush is out of office and the people who hate him should just get over it.
Get over war crimes? Not on your life, and the rest of the world isn't going to "get over it" either. Bush and his little neocon war gang are going to have to plan their overseas travel very carefully from now on, just like Henry Kissinger has been doing ever since the British grabbed Pinochet in 1998.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:36 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,508,754 times
Quote:
Maybe you should take your own advise because we do allow interogation and it wasn't Bush who said waterboarding was ok it was our judicial system, yes it was sent to the sumpreme court where it was ok'd ny judges.
Link, please?

Old 01-21-2009, 02:37 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,714,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Do this mean that right wingers will stop whining and crying when other countries ignore the Rule of Law and shamlessly break signed treaties?
If they ignore the UN, more power to them.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Link, please?
Turn on the news, they have been talking about it all day.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:43 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,301,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOKThe1stTime View Post
I thought that the military is getting their orders from President Obama now. Are they willing to disobey orders to defend a man who got many of their friends killed?

If you think any president would allow another country to come in here and grab a former president regardless of party your nuts. I would be first in line to stand in front of President Bush or if it were it were Clinton Obama etc. You don't come in here and take Presidents.

Also as some one who was in the military I don't blame the death of my brothers on the President I blame it on terrorists who are to cowardly to fight us face to face. Instead they will use women and children as acceptable losses if it means they kill just one US solider.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies