Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2008, 09:22 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,918,139 times

Advertisements

southerners, you mean such as yourself? or did your one of your advanced phd's not teach you about the mason-dixon line? OWNED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Southerners seem to be the ones preoccupied with the Civil War. Just a few years ago there was a flap down in Richmond about all the white confederate generals they chose to officially venerate. I've never seen so many Americans so enamored with a group of losers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 09:23 AM

oh no, I read your post, and I believe I wrote it off because you are from NY. my point is that the civil war was a waste of time, and the only ones who refer to the civil war as the war of northern aggression, is someone who lives up north referring to someone who lives in the south.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
I see you missed my post from page 1 of this thread. And my only point was the Civil war has a little more weight to it then Super Mario Bros.

And you should look up the word Union. It is used in the same manner as "State of the Union" in this case.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I've never seen so many Americans so enamored with a group of losers.
awe sure you have.

http://blogs.chron.com/texaspolitics/archives/obama1.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-05-2008, 09:30 AM

1,147 posts, read 1,907,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
oh no, I read your post, and I believe I wrote it off because you are from NY. my point is that the civil war was a waste of time, and the only ones who refer to the civil war as the war of northern aggression, is someone who lives up north referring to someone who lives in the south.

Nope. I never heard the term till my Early-20's. It was while I was down south. It was not spoken to me in anger. I was just having a talk about the civil war and the person was telling me how others(some people inthe south) felt about it. Something, truth be told, I had never even put any thought into till that convo.

But my point still stands...........GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!

The people that flew that flag lost. Now it is as much a sign of hatred as it is of "freedom". Not worth the trouble for a side that lost.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:36 AM

gotcha. so you don't believe in freedom of speech and expression, unless you agree with it. yup, a liberals take on freedom.

Quote:
Nope. I never heard the term till my Early-20's. It was while I was down south. It was not spoken to me in anger. I was just having a talk about the civil war and the person was telling me how others(some people inthe south) felt about it. Something, truth be told, I had never even put any thought into till that convo.

But my point still stands...........GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!

The people that flew that flag lost. Now it is as much a sign of hatred as it is of "freedom". Not worth the trouble for a side that lost.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:39 AM

Quote:
gotcha. so you don't believe in freedom of speech and expression, unless you agree with it. yup, a liberals take on freedom.
Yeah. Don't put word in my mouth. If you have no argument just don't post. It is OK not to have the last word.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:42 AM

you don't like the confederate flag, and you are offended by it. so you don't want to see it. not sure what you are finding so hard to understand about that. you know what, coffee offends me. it should be banned. sounds silly doesn't it.

Quote:
Yeah. Don't put word in my mouth. If you have no argument just don't post. It is OK not to have the last word.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
you don't like the confederate flag, and you are offended by it. so you don't want to see it. not sure what you are finding so hard to understand about that. you know what, coffee offends me. it should be banned. sounds silly doesn't it.
Guess you forgot my post a page back....

Quote:
I was just trying to help you out. Not that I agree with you but it makes your whole argument look invalid when you start stating false "facts".

And just for the record the flag is offensive to me. But I do not think everything in the world I find offensive should be banned. So you go right ahead and wave your racist flag.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:51 AM

5,760 posts, read 8,105,316 times
Quote:
southerners, you mean such as yourself? or did your one of your advanced phd's not teach you about the mason-dixon line? OWNED.
I suspect you are referring to the fact that Washington DC is below the Mason Dixon Line. Interesting fact, but Washington is certainly not a southern city and slavery was abolished in 1862.

I consider myself an American, though I do have strong southern roots. With that said, there is very little about "southern heritage" that is really worth preserving. I remember segregated water fountains, rest rooms, schools, and even waiting rooms. I remember Jim Crow laws, and the violence inflicted on blacks and "outside agitators" who worked to give blacks the basic rights due all Americans. It will be good when we can "move on" in this country, but discrimination isn't dead, it's just socially unacceptable to admit.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:10 AM

24,908 posts, read 39,425,448 times
Quote:
And just for the record the flag is offensive to me. But I do not think everything in the world I find offensive should be banned. So you go right ahead and wave your racist flag.
It is not a "racist" flag. How silly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies