Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 03:51 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,495,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
If you want some real science here you go....
Real science, eh? Let's see...

[from your link]
The American Physical Society reaffirms the following position on climate change, adopted by its governing body, the APS Council, on November 18, 2007: "Emissions of greenhouse gases from human activities are changing the atmosphere in ways that affect the Earth's climate."

Wow! That sounds a lot like what Al Gore says. Sounds a lot like what just about every major national and international scientific organization says as well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 03:54 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,877,477 times
Typically liberal reads only the first several lines... oh well.... read further, if you can...

"GLOBALLY-AVERAGED land and sea surface absolute temperature TS has not risen since 1998 (Hadley Center; US National Climatic Data Center; University of Alabama at Huntsville; etc.). For almost seven years, TS may even have fallen (Figure 1). There may be no new peak until 2015 (Keenlysideet al., 2008).
The models heavily relied upon by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) had not projected this multidecadal stasis in “global warming”; nor (until trained ex post facto) the fall in TS from 1940-1975; nor 50 years’ cooling in Antarctica (Doran et al., 2002) and the Arctic (Soon, 2005); nor the absence of ocean warming since 2003 (Lyman et al., 2006; Gouretski&Koltermann, 2007); nor the onset, duration, or intensity of the Madden-Julian intraseasonal oscillation, the Quasi-Biennial Oscillation in the tropical stratosphere, El Nino/La Nina oscillations, the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation, or the Pacific Decadal Oscillation that has recently transited from its warming to its cooling phase (oceanic oscillations which, on their own, may account for all of the observed warmings and coolings over the past half-century: Tsoniset al., 2007); nor the magnitude nor duration of multi-century events such as the Mediaeval Warm Period or the Little Ice Age; nor the cessation since 2000 of the previously-observed growth in atmospheric methane concentration (IPCC, 2007); nor the active 2004 hurricane season; nor the inactive subsequent seasons; nor the UK flooding of 2007 (the Met Office had forecast a summer of prolonged droughts only six weeks previously); nor the solar Grand Maximum of the past 70 years, during which the Sun was more active, for longer, than at almost any similar period in the past 11,400 years (Hathaway, 2004; Solankiet al., 2005); nor the consequent surface “global warming” on Mars, Jupiter, Neptune’s largest moon, and even distant Pluto; nor the eerily- continuing 2006 solar minimum; nor the consequent, precipitate decline of ~0.8 °C in TS from January 2007 to May 2008 that has canceled out almost all of the observed warming of the 20th century."

Old 07-28-2008, 03:54 PM

129 posts, read 400,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
An interglacial is a warmer period when ice ages are still possible.
So it is also possible that another ice age is not possible, in which case we would not be in an interglacial?

Old 07-28-2008, 03:55 PM

What magical science did you use to think that we will not go into another ice age?

Old 07-28-2008, 03:56 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,351,970 times
Let's all get religion.....

https://www.city-data.com/forum/newre...eply&p=4637690

Old 07-28-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
It is not inconclusive, it is well KNOWN fact that temperature increases BEFORE CO2 increases... ask your friend Al Gore who hid the fact during his presentation... even though it was THERE in front of everyone, I guess they were to mesmerized by Al Gore to pay attention to his ramblings. If you want some real science here you go....

APS Physics | FPS | Climate Sensitivity Reconsidered
Well, it is definitely not FACT. The first line says it is not a peer reviewed article. And, yes I read more than the first line, and I'm not about to peer review it myself, I simply don't have time. And even if I did, and all the equations and statistical conclusions were precise, it's all based on fact based models anyhow, which don't produce facts!

Old 07-28-2008, 04:02 PM

I see, so using science to say there is not relation between CO2 emission and global warming is not okay but using bunk magical science to say that there is makes more sense... ah... I see... amazing that's what I though global warming delusionist would think and you just proved it... there is nothing to convince people who believe in hype... I guess its like religion, you just have to have faith...

Old 07-28-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
What magical science did you use to think that we will not go into another ice age?
I didn't say I "think that we will not go into another ice age". I'm just saying it is not a fact that we will. It is very likely, but not a fact.

That is not science or magic, my friend, it is called logic.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:04 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,423,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciJay View Post
A FACT is something that can be proven. This cannot. So if Dr. Evil blew up the Earth today - you would be a liar - there would be no glaciers!
Its a proven fact that the world goes thru periodic glaciation. Since we are not in one now it seems pretty obvios that we are between them.

If Dr Evil blew up the world today, I would be dead, not a liar.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Typically liberal reads only the first several lines... oh well.... read further, if you can...

"GLOBALLY-AVERAGED land and sea surface absolute temperature TS has not risen since 1998 (Hadley Center; US National Climatic Data Center; University of Alabama at Huntsville; etc.). For almost seven years, TS may even have fallen (Figure 1). There may be no new peak until 2015 (Keenlysideet al., 2008).
The models heavily relied upon by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) had not projected this multidecadal stasis in “global warming”; nor (until trained ex post facto) the fall in TS from 1940-1975; nor 50 years’ cooling in Antarctica (Doran et al., 2002) and the Arctic (Soon, 2005); nor the absence of ocean warming since 2003 (Lyman et al., 2006; Gouretski&Koltermann, 2007); nor the onset, duration, or intensity of the Madden-Julian intraseasonal oscillation, the Quasi-Biennial Oscillation in the tropical stratosphere, El Nino/La Nina oscillations, the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation, or the Pacific Decadal Oscillation that has recently transited from its warming to its cooling phase (oceanic oscillations which, on their own, may account for all of the observed warmings and coolings over the past half-century: Tsoniset al., 2007); nor the magnitude nor duration of multi-century events such as the Mediaeval Warm Period or the Little Ice Age; nor the cessation since 2000 of the previously-observed growth in atmospheric methane concentration (IPCC, 2007); nor the active 2004 hurricane season; nor the inactive subsequent seasons; nor the UK flooding of 2007 (the Met Office had forecast a summer of prolonged droughts only six weeks previously); nor the solar Grand Maximum of the past 70 years, during which the Sun was more active, for longer, than at almost any similar period in the past 11,400 years (Hathaway, 2004; Solankiet al., 2005); nor the consequent surface “global warming” on Mars, Jupiter, Neptune’s largest moon, and even distant Pluto; nor the eerily- continuing 2006 solar minimum; nor the consequent, precipitate decline of ~0.8 °C in TS from January 2007 to May 2008 that has canceled out almost all of the observed warming of the 20th century."
That above is PURE unadulterated FACT... all that global warming for the last 100 years GONE in ONE single year... oh well... back to the magical school of "science" with you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies