Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:16 PM

79,259 posts, read 61,361,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Whether one is for or against shooting looters or porch pirates on sight ultimately is a moot point. State statutes detail what are crimes, whether a crime is considered a misdemeanor or felony, and what charge(s) can be brought, along with sentencing guidelines based.
Sure they do. Were you asleep in 2020 during BLM and are claiming that policing and prosecution is completely fair and unbiased?

It's hilarious how quickly things went from needing police and prosecutorial reform as it is unfair to....it's completely fair, they just follow statutes.

Sure they do, if you believe in the Easter Bunny. Remember the elderly Bodega owner in NYC that got sent to Rikers while being prosecuted and then they dropped the charges?

It is a sad sight to see Republicans suddenly realizing that there really is unfair prosecution and the Democrats shifting gears to claim there isn't. Freakin' partisans will never learn, hypocrisy with zero limits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM

8,190 posts, read 12,935,355 times
Criminals should understand that sometimes victims overreact. They need to evaluate if a car stereo is worth risking their life. Victims need to understand that they will be charged if they kill someone over a property crime. I am not too upset a thief is dead nor am I upset that the person that over-reacted is probably going to jail. Bad decisions all around.

Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM

18,607 posts, read 16,029,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Sure they do. Were you asleep in 2020 during BLM and are claiming that policing and prosecution is completely fair and unbiased?
Another sudden turn without signaling.

I don't know what you're on about, nor is it my concern. My comments are directed to the person I quoted in my post.

Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM

51,524 posts, read 37,195,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Criminals should understand that sometimes victims overreact. They need to evaluate if a car stereo is worth risking their life. Victims need to understand that they will be charged if they kill someone over a property crime. I am not too upset a thief is dead nor am I upset that the person that over-reacted is probably going to jail. Bad decisions all around.
That’s how I feel. If my bf confronted a thief I’d be furious with him. I tell him not even to honk his horn at people today. There’s too many nuts. It’s one thing if you’re confronting someone because they’re trying to kidnap a child or something or even hurting an animal, but over a car or any inanimate object, it’s just foolish.

Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM

7,985 posts, read 4,247,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinT View Post
You can't go around murdering people because they're stealing.
That's certainly the criminal's POV.

Old Yesterday, 06:56 PM

Quote:
To successfully claim self-defense, the accused needs to establish three elements:

(1) that the victim acted with unlawful aggression towards them.

(2) that the means employed to repel the aggression were reasonable.

(3) that the accused did not provoke the aggression.
Cops are never held to such a high standard.

Cop: "The deceased made a furtive move. I thought he was reaching for a gun."

Case closed. Cop off the hook.

Joe citizen? Lock him up.

Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Cops are never held to such a high standard.

Cop: "The deceased made a furtive move. I thought he was reaching for a gun."

Case closed. Cop off the hook.

Joe citizen? Lock him up.
And?

No need to miss out! Head into the community with a weapon and play vigilante armed citizen. Have fun!

Old Yesterday, 09:14 PM

Quote:
And?

No need to miss out! Head into the community with a weapon and play vigilante armed citizen. Have fun!
The distinction between self-defense and vigilantism appears to escape you.

Old Yesterday, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
The distinction between self-defense and vigilantism appears to escape you.
Considering I listed (upstream) the legal requirements to successfully claim self-defense, I'd say your assessment of my understanding is incorrect.

Old Yesterday, 09:27 PM

50,696 posts, read 47,553,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That’s how I feel. If my bf confronted a thief I’d be furious with him. I tell him not even to honk his horn at people today. There’s too many nuts. It’s one thing if you’re confronting someone because they’re trying to kidnap a child or something or even hurting an animal, but over a car or any inanimate object, it’s just foolish.
People get tired of replacing windows or insurance deductibles because said dirt bags. People work HARD for their money. The more the sheep do nothing the more the dirt bags are emboldened. This is why insurance is so expensive. Hell, even if you don't get ganked over ten years you could still buy another car for the price of premiums you have to pay.

My driveway is still private property and legal to carry a firearm. If I think someone is breaking into my daughter's bedroom hell ya I'm going out front. Breaking glass is breaking glass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies