Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:57 AM

29,567 posts, read 22,955,248 times

Advertisements

When I first read about this incident, the media made it seem like the student randomly stabbed someone. Interesting how things change once more details are revealed.

Sounds like the student did the world a favor.

Just another example of how the 'justice' system enables and favors hoodlums and thugs over innocent civilians. And why people these days are so fearful to fight back against crime.

FREE GALLEGOS

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...k-row/3438977/

Quote:
A 19-year-old student was arrested after a deadly stabbing at USC's Greek Row on Monday night in what police described as a confrontation between a witness and a man breaking into cars.

The stabbing was reported around 8:15 p.m. Monday in the 700 block of West 28th Street, east of University Avenue. The altercation appeared to have taken place outside of a fraternity house.

Police said the incident is being investigated as a homicide. There appeared to be some sort of confrontation between the witness and the person breaking into a vehicle, police said.
https://x.com/search?q=usc+student+arrested+stabbing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 04:59 AM

284 posts, read 92,456 times
You can't go around murdering people because they're stealing.

Old Today, 05:07 AM

6,095 posts, read 2,304,888 times
Not enough detail there. Use of deadly force often requires that you attempt an opinion of escape first or are not the aggressor in the situation. That is how most stand your ground laws work as well.

Need more info to know what happened.

Old Today, 06:06 AM

79,238 posts, read 61,343,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinT View Post
That's quite a leap to conclusion. Maybe he intervened and was attacked and then stabbed the guy?

I will wait for more information.

Old Today, 07:23 AM

30,062 posts, read 25,176,396 times
https://nypost.com/2024/06/18/us-new...-on-greek-row/

NY compost has a story up about this. I like how they allow comments.

It does seem that these sources like to word things in such a way to suit their preferred narratives. In this case, the title of the story paints an image of a man randomly stabbing a homeless man. You only learn that the homeless man was breaking into cars once you start reading beyond the title. The title also says he stabbed him to death, which further paints an image in our mind of a man viciously and repeatedly stabbing the victim like a maniac.

Old Today, 07:55 AM

27,830 posts, read 16,340,715 times
I would have guessed cameras in such an area. Hard to say otherwise without witness testimony.

Old Today, 08:04 AM

5,615 posts, read 2,352,342 times
More info from local news station:

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/usc...ct-identified/

Old Today, 08:09 AM

12,446 posts, read 6,525,981 times
The politicians cause this with their determined encouragement and support for keeping the homeless on the street. Billions spent and all we have is more homeless on the street. They don't want to fix the problem and lose their profit-making industry. It is obvious.

We should have reopened the mental institutions long ago.

Old Today, 08:28 AM

9,656 posts, read 4,450,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinT View Post
Do you seriously think that the student confronted the suspect and the suspect said "Oh, my bad", and walked away? Let me help. There's a very good chance that the suspect attacked the student when confronted. Said dip**** suspect was stabbed because he assaulted the student. It's called self defense. That's a far more likely scenario than the student just walking up to the suspect and stabbing him without warning. I'm going to go with the more realistic scenario until we get more info. Until then, you may continue to believe whatever delusional fantasy you wish. Why the hell are defending this scumbag?

Old Today, 08:52 AM

26,414 posts, read 19,281,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Sounds like the student did the world a favor.
Yep. One less piece of refuse for the taxpayer to support in prison for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies