Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2024, 04:17 PM

11,769 posts, read 5,783,856 times

Advertisements

I found this video very interesting because one of the guests was the son of a Hamas leader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPomqJz-qYc&t=1s

Old 04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

3,267 posts, read 3,928,054 times
Why doesn't Sleepy Joe demand an immediate release of the hostages?

Old 04-04-2024, 04:27 PM

1,290 posts, read 643,584 times
biden(obama) are throwing our only ally in the ME under the bus in order to win one district in one state to try to win an election..it won't work and he will have a well-deserved defeat and a slow, ugly decline due to his disease.

Old 04-05-2024, 11:07 AM

50,723 posts, read 36,424,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Biden keeps waffling. And now he's trying to please both sides. As long as he's been president he's pretty much blown with the breezes. But he claims Obama wanted him as his VP because of his foreign policy expertise.

He's just sold out every Jew in America and Israel. I was disgusted listening to him. And why do we never hear on mainstream media or the white house, that 8 of those hostages are American citizens?

NO country would walk away leaving 134 of their citizens. We certainly wouldn't, but Israel keeps being held to a standard no other country is expected to hold to.

Chris Cuomo opened his show last night with a 9 minute monologue speaking directly to Biden, about this. He agrees there be no calls for cease fire that doesn't include the hostages and thinks Biden is trying, and failing, to have it both ways. It's an excellent monologue, below.

He is also one of few, maybe the only show, to continue to have hostages families on (and I think the only one to continue to cover East Palestine, Ohio).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kzSDpkM-BM

Old 04-05-2024, 11:15 AM

15,526 posts, read 10,491,591 times
Biden needs to butt out.

Old 04-05-2024, 11:40 AM

18,430 posts, read 8,262,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
If Hamas somehow held the advantage here - militarily, strategically, or numerically - does anyone believe they would be agreeable to a ceasefire even if the whole world were screaming and demanding it? They would view every dead Israeli as a trophy until none were left alive. The solution to the Palestinian problem is clear.
if Hamas had the advantage....it would be over already

Hamas would have considered everyone on Israel's side of the border dead and acted accordingly

Old 04-05-2024, 12:41 PM

908 posts, read 441,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Washington, December 8, 1941: Senator Joe Biden has called on American forces to show restraint and not just blindly retaliate against the Empire of Japan after yesterday's attack against the American naval base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. "We need to hold our fire and encourage the Japanese Empire to come to the bargaining table," the senator declared. "We also call upon our British allies to not use disproportionate force against the forces of Nazi Germany in Europe."

With all due respect intended, invoking the historical spectre of the Axis Powers ( in spite of not one single equivalent threat to the aforementioned states having arisen since then ) for the purpose of justifying American intervention in every conceivable sort of foreign conflict, has become such a trite exercise that it truly boggles one's mind as to why the prime proponents of the interventionist stance have not come up with a better justification for their position as of yet .

But to directly address the subject matter of the OP, it is my humble view that the ongoing events in the land called " Israel " by some and " Palestine " by others, clearly demonstrates that there is no need for the USA to further involve itself in the longest running war of the past 76-77 years .

I of course realize that for my compatriots of both Jewish and Arab heritage, such a statement may seem a bit " cold hearted ", but given that the Republic was not founded as an ethno-religious state does it really make sense for our country to continue involving itself in such a brutally " tribalistic " affair ?

In short, any decent person's thoughts/prayers should be with all the victims of this incredibly drawn out/continuing tragedy, while our backing of either side should completely cease IMHO .

For jumping further into the fray would result in both even more " collateral damage " and stain to the already incredibly smudged reputation of the USA in the international arena .

Old 04-05-2024, 12:45 PM

6,092 posts, read 3,332,788 times
Since the election is basically 50-50, Democrats need the Hamas wing of their party.

This is just me, but if there was a large faction of Republicans who supported Hamas, I would immediately leave that party. I don’t want to be associated with Hamas in any way, shape, or form.

Old 04-05-2024, 12:47 PM

50,723 posts, read 36,424,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Blakeley View Post
With all due respect intended, invoking the historical spectre of the Axis Powers ( in spite of not one single equivalent threat to the aforementioned states having arisen since then ) for the purpose of justifying American intervention in every conceivable sort of foreign conflict, has become such a trite exercise that it truly boggles one's mind as to why the prime proponents of the interventionist stance have not come up with a better justification for their position as of yet .

But to directly address the subject matter of the OP, it is my humble view that the ongoing events in the land called " Israel " by some and " Palestine " by others, clearly demonstrates that there is no need for the USA to further involve itself in the longest running war of the past 76-77 years .

I of course realize that for my compatriots of both Jewish and Arab heritage, such a statement may seem a bit " cold hearted ", but given that the Republic was not founded as an ethno-religious state does it really make sense for our country to continue involving itself in such a brutally " tribalistic " affair ?

In short, any decent person's thoughts/prayers should be with all the victims of this incredibly drawn out/continuing tragedy, while our backing of either side should completely cease IMHO .

For jumping further into the fray would result in both even more " collateral damage " and stain to the already incredibly smudged reputation of the USA in the international arena .

What about the 8 American citizens being held hostage in Gaza?

Old 04-05-2024, 01:10 PM

908 posts, read 441,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
What about the 8 American citizens being held hostage in Gaza?

I'm sure that an attempt at negotiating their release could be attempted, without falling into the trap of backing either side .

As an aside ( in a sort of food for thought experiment ), I'd like to take the opportunity to point out that were American citizens ( like myself ) residing abroad to be taken hostage by f.ex ( again using my own personal situation for the sake of convenience ) vengeful Serbian nationalist militants, then the possibility of increasing US intervention abroad could be easily placed on the table again in the same basic scenario .

Which begs the question of, given that so many different sorts of people across the globe have some sort of grudge to bear against our country which the more militant types among them could take out by holding our citizens physically present overseas hostage, shouldn't more " difficult " questions be asked about our ongoing foreign policy ?

Such as would it really hurt to try withdrawing all of our troops stationed in foreign countries, placing a decades long moratorium on all sorts of foreign aid, invalidating the use of US passports for the purpose of travel to parts of the world with significant anti American activity, etc. , esp. since the possibility of US citizens falling victim to being held hostage doesn't seem to have diminished in over 7 decades of pursuing essentially interventionist foreign policy ?

Of course this may very well be a subject unto itself, but since misfortune of this type has already befallen some of our fellow citizens located in Gaza, it seems relevant enough to be brought up in this thread which is why I've taken the chance to do so .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies