Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.72%
No 256 50.59%
Unsure 49 9.68%
Voters: 506. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2022, 08:16 AM

8,992 posts, read 11,880,169 times

Advertisements

Street fight in Kherson. This city was taken with virtually no resistance in the beginning of the war. I remember watching Russian tanks rolling in and asking, "where are the javelins?" Now Ukraine is fighting to take it back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHiMIICKrlU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2022, 08:23 AM

15,665 posts, read 9,339,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Some people are still clueless. Never trust a communist. They say one thing and do the opposite. China publicly says they are neutral but in reality they are anything but.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. By helping Ukraine, the USA is Russia's enemy. The USA is China's number one enemy. Chinese nationalists wanted to shoot down Pelosi's plane when she visited Taiwan. The USA is standing in the way of China's dominating Asia and the world.

Fortunately for the USA, China is not becoming the world's number one at anything soon. Their real estate market has collapsed. Over 100 million Chinese are in lock down. Starving Chinese are trying to leave the country.
LOL, because you say so? China's GDP growth has been out pacing the US for over 20 years. Their economy has stumbled a bit with COVID lockdowns, but once that is resolved they will be back on track.

Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO —
China’s economy will increasingly rely on state investment, high-tech development and domestic consumption – with less input from its past staple of export manufacturing – as it stands to overtake the United States in the coming decade, analysts predict.

China’s GDP should grow 5.7% per year through 2025 and then 4.7% annually until 2030, British consultancy Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) forecasts. Its forecast says that China, now the world’s second-largest economy, would overtake the No. 1-ranked U.S. economy by 2030. Credit insurance firm Euler Hermes made a similar forecast.
China’s Economy Could Overtake US Economy by 2030

Chinese economy to overtake US 'by 2028' due to Covid - BBC News

Old 09-18-2022, 08:27 AM

8,992 posts, read 11,880,169 times
Not because I say so. The information is out there. Information from people who live in China. It's almost impossible to be ignorant in the information age. I don't rely on CNN, BBC, etc. for information.

Even if we go by the chart posted, 2030 is 8 years away. That's not any time soon. My point is proven.

Old 09-18-2022, 08:28 AM

51,741 posts, read 26,059,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Street fight in Kherson. This city was taken with virtually no resistance in the beginning of the war. I remember watching Russian tanks rolling in and asking, "where are the javelins?" Now Ukraine is fighting to take it back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHiMIICKrlU
"Different units of the Russian army are fighting each other in the middle of occupied Kherson."

Sigh.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 09-18-2022 at 09:10 AM..

Old 09-18-2022, 08:31 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,573,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
"he" simply gives you access to sources outside of "your" routine propaganda circles. As you here pretty much are lopsided on information. So "he" simply translates, as not many here speak any other languages, information from "the other side". As such information a priory is not falling into the West generally accepted narrative, it is immediately proclaimed to be propaganda.
AUDITE ET ALTER PARS.

And, BTW, don't count chicken, until they hatch. War is by far not done and over. Kindly circle back AFTER that will happen, before making remarks. SE Ukraine WILL be part of Russia under Krimean Republic legal status, Western Ukraine WILL be under Poland and Transcarpathia WILL be either under Hungary or Slovakia. TBD.

Have decency, see what happens after the war end.
To the bolded, my response is:

"BTW, don't count chicken, until they hatch. War is by far not done and over. Kindly circle back AFTER that will happen, before making remarks."

Old 09-18-2022, 08:43 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,761,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
General David Petraeus is of the opinion that the Russian army has been hollowed out and its officer corp decimated to the point that recovery will not be possible. It is too late, he says, for a general mobilization because they do not have training facilities or even weapons to give the new troops.
We have seen the Russia approach, which consists of heavy shelling, and while that does, indeed, destroy the targeted area, it does nothing to hold the territory, so the Ukrainians just come right back.

Gen Petraeus discusses the Russian retreat and gives his opinions of what is next in this CNN interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFOw...ab_channel=CNN
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS

This is a Must Watch

Petraeus on Ukraine: "The only credible guarantee is NATO Membership"

Last edited by JohnBoy64; 09-18-2022 at 08:57 AM..

Old 09-18-2022, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"Different units of the Russian army are fighting each other in the middle of occupied Kherson."
This entire Special Military Operation is simply on the verge of a complete collapse. I know we war being told there is still a long haul still to go.....and that may very well be true....but just like Kyiv...and then Kharkiv.....events can unfold in rapid succession. What's happening in Kherson right now looks ominous for the Russians.

Old 09-18-2022, 09:03 AM

This is a great time lapse of 200 days of the Ukraine War

Quote:
The first 200 days of Russia's invasion of Ukraine as mapped by
@criticalthreats
and
@TheStudyofWar

Ukrainian forces have liberated more than 60,000 square kilometers of territory since April.
https://twitter.com/bradyafr/status/1571469084235030532

Old 09-18-2022, 09:18 AM

Day 207 of Russia's special operation and things are not going as planned.

Or if they are, it was a horrible plan.

Sooner or later, Putin is bound to get the picture here. Perhaps he might compare the photos of him at those gigantic tables, and the photos of Zelensky walking around shaking hands with his fellow countrymen.

Old 09-18-2022, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
This entire Special Military Operation is simply on the verge of a complete collapse. I know we war being told there is still a long haul still to go.....and that may very well be true....but just like Kyiv...and then Kharkiv.....events can unfold in rapid succession. What's happening in Kherson right now looks ominous for the Russians.
That's what I'm thinking.

From what I've read, they were not much a a military force to begin with. Lot of corruption. Not much maintenance. No NCOs. Poor logistics.

They were soundly smacked back in their attempt to take Kyiv, and are literally running away from the Ukrainians in the north.

I suspect they will put up some sort of last stand in Crimea where once the bridge is blown, they will be sitting ducks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies