Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.64%
No 257 50.69%
Unsure 49 9.66%
Voters: 507. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2022, 08:01 AM

1,213 posts, read 680,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
You mean the ones that didn't see inflation coming and kept telling everyone that zero interest rates and trillions of QE wouldn't be a problem? The ones that are promoting the destruction of the oil and energy complex without any rational replacement plan, telling you ESG is going to save us? The ones that want to eliminate meat and tell starving populations they need to eat crickets ? The ones planning an all digital currency to control your every move once THEIR abuse and mismanagement of the the financial system brings it crashing down, wiping out millions of savers and pensioners ? Those are the ones you trust ?
You are obviously either:

1) A troll
2) A conspiracy enthusiast
3) Pro Russian

The type who will blanket statement something and cherry pick to prove your point.

So yeah I will 100% trust an academic scholar vs some dude on the interweb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2022, 08:35 AM

7,270 posts, read 4,247,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
You are obviously either:

1) A troll
2) A conspiracy enthusiast
3) Pro Russian

The type who will blanket statement something and cherry pick to prove your point.

So yeah I will 100% trust an academic scholar vs some dude on the interweb

4.) Realist

Quote of the day: You are "The type who will blanket statement something and cherry pick to prove your point."

Stop listening the the MSM - they have an agenda. Follow the money.

Old 08-01-2022, 09:03 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,865,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Watching that report, Western propaganda is just as loonie as Russian propaganda is. That's it folks, the war is over. The sanctions have ended it. According to him, Russian domestic production has hit absolute zero. Nowhere in that massive country is anyone producing anything. The store shelves are 100% empty everywhere in Russia.

Which means there are no supplies of any kind for the Russian troops on the front lines. I'm sure the Russian troops are surrendering to the Ukrainians in masses right now, just so they can get food and not starve to death.

Oh, wait... None of that is happening. The war is continuing just fine for the Russians. The Russian troops are getting most if not all the supplies they need. Russian stores are well stocked with everything except foreign products. Meanwhile supply chain issues continue in the United States. Which is something I'm sure that Yale "expert" is not going to be talking about.

I didn't even watch the video, but the photo alone tells me it is nonsense. Not only because it is Euronews, a propaganda network, but because those people are wearing winter clothes, while it is summer in Russia, too

Old 08-01-2022, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Further sanctions will not accomplish much more as most of the top countries excepting China and India have cut off most of the trade. Time will tell. Much of Latin American and Africa are just not interested in taking sides. China and India will take all the cheap energy they can... and the resulting economic advantage.

As for the Russian sympathizers. I think a couple are trolls and a several are simply pro Russia. I suspect at least one of the pro Russia people is an immigrant from either Russia or a generally pro Russia country. Look at post histories...

Also understand it is possible to be anti neocon and not want any foreign entanglements which is what I believe about another group of posters here. They are not pro Russia. They are against the cost of support.
I am German, and I am pro-Russia because I am a good, decent person, which is why I support the military operation. Russians today are basically doing the same thing in Ukraine that the allies did 85 years ago in Nazi Germany. And I thank the Russians for that.

Old 08-01-2022, 09:08 AM

25,799 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post

Truthfully, we're likely looking at the collapse of both the Russian and Chinese economies over the next few years for similar reasons: Cratering demographies, wholesale corruption, and rigid leadership incapable of shifting in a changing world. Russia's will happen first. China's might take a while longer.
I think you're right. It was a "now-or-never" moment for Russia and they have failed. They will never again be strong enough to take over Ukraine. They will first be weakened by sanctions and boycotts which will last for years, and secondly be weakened by population collapse which is happening already and will get worse.

Those who want to believe "sanctions don't work" should look to other heavily sanctioned counties - North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, Iran. Sanctions are very effective; they create impoverished countries and Russia will become impoverished in due time.
Every automobile manufacturer has ceased operations in Russia and will not provide spare parts. That alone would send the economy into decline. The most reliable forecasts and reports show GDP declining 15%; wages declining 6%; inflation rising at 17%. Russia will become very, very poor.

Old 08-01-2022, 09:09 AM

An interesting analysis of the death of that Ukrainian oligarch yesterday. Seems it was Ukrainians themselves that took out that enemy of Zelensky's...

https://waronfakes.com/common/killed...aturskiy-died/

Old 08-01-2022, 09:11 AM

10,525 posts, read 7,153,969 times
Quote:
4.) Realist

Quote of the day: You are "The type who will blanket statement something and cherry pick to prove your point."

Stop listening the the MSM - they have an agenda. Follow the money.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Either that or you are willfully distorting events to push a narrative. I guess the latter given how the Russians were too stupid to even provide fuel and food for their thrust towards Kiev. It was completely idiotic. Spend a productive hour or two reading up on their abortive attempt to seize the Kiev airport. It almost is something out of a dark comedy.

The Russians threw everything they had at the Ukrainians. However, the Russians were incompetent. The fact that their terrible communications network forced them to use Ukrainian mobile phone networks should tell you everything you need to know about Russian planning. It's also why so many Russian generals and colonels have been killed. The Ukes just homed in on their cell signals and blew them up.

And if you know anything about Russian military history, you'd know this is completely consistent with how their wars go. Only in the Napoleonic Wars and World War II did they prevail, and that was because they traded vast distances and huge casualties against an invading army, then wore their opponents down with superior numbers. But this isn't that kind of war. It's a war of aggression, not a defensive war. There are no appeals to Mother Russia this time.

In fact, the Ukes are about to push them back from the Kherson region, maybe all the way back to Crimea. And the Ukes are just beginning to rev up their guerrilla movements behind Russian lines, something they excelled at when fighting the Germans in World War II. Because the Russians are scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of personnel and equipment, chiefly because their army is so corrupt that they didn't even maintain their top-line equipment, let alone the stuff in warehouses. And because their supply chains have been cut off, they're hard pressed to manufacture more. There will be no Lend Lease this time to bail them out.

Last edited by MinivanDriver; 08-01-2022 at 09:39 AM..

Old 08-01-2022, 09:11 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,761,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I'll be darned if I understand much about this statement:
"Crimean occupation officials obliquely accused Ukraine of orchestrating a drone attack on the Russian Black Sea Fleet headquarters in occupied Sevastopol on July 31, but Ukrainian officials denied responsibility for the attack."
Because if I were Ukrainian and had hit the Russian Black Sea headquarters, I would want the whole world to know......
Here some context

Quote:
Russian Governor of Sevastopol Mihail Razvozhaev claimed that Ukrainians “decided to spoil” Russia’s Navy Day celebrations and noted that a drone exploded in the headquarters’ yard but did not specify whether Ukrainian forces or locals launched the drone.[3] Razvozhaev published images showcasing minor damage to the headquarters building and yard, and social media footage depicted a small cloud of smoke rising from the building.[4] Razvozhaev also claimed that the explosion wounded six people. Russian Crimean Senator Olga Kovitidi later announced that unspecified actors carried out the attack with a makeshift drone from within the territory of Sevastopol.[5] The Ukrainian Naval Forces and Odesa Oblast Military Administration Spokesman Serhiy Bratchuk indirectly suggested that the drone attack was a Russian false flag operation.[6] ISW cannot independently verify the actor responsible for the attack.
Who knows, it was pretty minor damage...this could have been some teenagers. The Russian Navy still can't live down the sinking of the Moskva. I mean they lost one of their most prized flag ships....in a land war...against a country that doesn't have a navy....LOL

Old 08-01-2022, 09:15 AM

25,799 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
Dear Lord!
Can you imagine a country (Russia) sending a missile (!) into the home of a businessman in the middle of the night?!
The world will not be safe until these cockroaches are pushed back into Russia and become too poor to ever leave again.

Old 08-01-2022, 09:16 AM

12,723 posts, read 7,654,874 times
Quote:
Russia is not trying to take over Ukraine. They could have done it in 3 weeks at the onset
Hah yeah they sent a bunch of their elite paratroopers to get slaughtered at the airport in Kiev and trashed so many vehicles pushing for a front towards Kiev only to have to retreat, just for giggles. A wonderful strategic decision to waste men and material for nothing, they didn't actually want to take any territory up north. Apologists are amusing.

Russia has had to continuously reduce their goals for the "special operation", but it isn't by their choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies