Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.72%
No 256 50.59%
Unsure 49 9.68%
Voters: 506. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2023, 03:28 PM

26,916 posts, read 22,797,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
While the GOP seems fine with giving Ukraine to Russia because Putin "wants it", it will be interesting how they react when Putin decides to go after NATO countries and even Alaska. Putin will ultimately justify it every time.

Why would Putin go after the "NATO countries?"
Who is making up these stories and why?

In fact, I am not even sure how Putin will go after the rest of Ukrainian territories, because it's very costly in terms of human losses, and he will have to announce the wider mobilization. ( Will he go for it, when the election year is knocking on the door?)

But other than this, I still would like to know the answer - why flooding US with illegals is SO IMPORTANT FOR DEMOCRATS, that they are ready to throw Ukraine under the bus?

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2023, 03:30 PM

5,973 posts, read 3,088,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
WHat is disgusting is the cowardice of Republicans abject dismisal of Democracy here and abroad. Never would I have believed that while claiming that Democrats are Marxist that they would not stand up to real Marxist (see Putin and Russia). But hey things are all turned around these days!
Ukraine is not my problem. It’s not American citizens problem. It should not cost me my money. I don’t want money sent anywhere. I want money to be spent here so my quality of life is better and my dollar is worth more. I don’t give two ****s about Ukraine, Africa or any other country and its safety.

Get it ??

Old 12-12-2023, 03:39 PM

26,916 posts, read 22,797,279 times
Quote:
WHat is disgusting is the cowardice of Republicans abject dismisal of Democracy here and abroad. Never would I have believed that while claiming that Democrats are Marxist that they would not stand up to real Marxist (see Putin and Russia). But hey things are all turned around these days!

Let's keep it real - Putin is one of the biggest corporatists out there, not some "real Marxist."

Don't make up stories please.

So back to illegal immigration and why Democrats are not willing to put a stop to it, even when it comes at the expense of "democratic Ukraine."

Old 12-12-2023, 03:50 PM

5,125 posts, read 2,801,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I am watching THIS, and the *strange* question I have now, is why on Earth the Democrats are so hell-bent on flooding America with illegals; it becomes very obvious what's going on with this "Ukrainian deal." ( Or rather the rejection of it by Republicans.)
Because there is the direct connection between the two issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XRkvYSSp8o
I am not sure what this connection is unless the thousands of military age illegals pouring into this country are going to be recruited into the US armed forces to acquire legal status and then go fight in Ukraine, the Middle East, and other hotspots. That would augment US forces enormously.

Old 12-12-2023, 03:54 PM
bu2

24,238 posts, read 15,075,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
This is a terrible example. You may question NATO's tactics but at the end of the day, NATO was trying to stop a terrible civil war and incidents of genocide. And does any NATO country now control the lands in that civil war or have they all been allowed to remain independent countries? Now compare this situation to Russia and Ukraine.
No. The US took sides in a civil war. Now it was a literal civil war, not the fake one implemented by Russia in Ukraine. But we separated Kosovo from Serbia in violation of international law. Much as we forced the absurd Dayton settlement on Bosnia, leaving a permanent mess there while the Europeans helped the Croatians ethnically cleanse hundreds of thousands of Serbs, much as the Kosovars are now trying to do to Serbs in Kosovo. There were no good sides in the Yugoslav wars. And our treatment of the Serbs, a traditional Russian ally, certainly soured our relations with Russia.

The separation of Kosovo from Serbia cannot be defended under international law. Just as there is zero justification for the Russian claims on the 4 Ukrainian provinces they claimed to annex (Crimea's history at least raises questions).

Old 12-12-2023, 03:55 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
He is shot out of luck. Israel is 156 times more important than Ukraine.
Besides with all the aide we sent already, pockets are full, mission accomplished.
Israel really has no strategic significance. It is a moral issue there after the Holocaust.
Ukraine does have significance.

Old 12-12-2023, 03:56 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
War is lost. Like it was supposed to. Anyone with a bit of brain knew this from the start.
Money washed.
Yes. The only question is when Putin realizes he lost. Before or after he bankrupts Russia.

Old 12-12-2023, 03:59 PM
bu2

Quote:
BS. Some Republicans are isolationist. Some Republicans, like some Democrats, want money spent here first. Others want Biden to agree to defend our border against illegal invaders before they approve money to help Ukraine stop illegal invaders. If Biden would agree to protect America's borders, there would be a quick agreement. This is all a domestic battle over dealing with illegal aliens.

Old 12-12-2023, 04:09 PM

51,741 posts, read 26,055,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
BS. Some Republicans are isolationist. Some Republicans, like some Democrats, want money spent here first. Others want Biden to agree to defend our border against illegal invaders before they approve money to help Ukraine stop illegal invaders. If Biden would agree to protect America's borders, there would be a quick agreement. This is all a domestic battle over dealing with illegal aliens.
Not really.

Republicans use the "illegal invader" issue as a way to rile up the rubes.

We know this because Republicans ruled the roost for the first two years of the Trump administration and they did nothing.

If they actually wanted to do something, they'd pass legislation with significant penalties for hiring those without the proper paperwork.

Not sure what the Republican objection is to supporting Ukraine in defeating Russia. But given that Trump rules the Republican Party, and his 2016 campaign chairman was a Russian agent, can't help but wonder who is puling the strings this time.

Old 12-12-2023, 04:10 PM

25,791 posts, read 17,555,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Yes. The only question is when Putin realizes he lost. Before or after he bankrupts Russia.
That's about it.
The Simps whining about "their money" being "sent somewhere" are oblivious to the fact most of the money never left the US. It was in the form of arms manufactured here by Americans and will be replaced by more arms manufactured here by Americans.

NBC News reports in the past 22 months, 315,000 Russian troops have been killed and wounded, according to the assessment provided to lawmakers. Prior to the invasion, Russia had a ground force strength of about 360,000.
There probably more dead Russians in Ukraine than live ones.

Oil, the life blood of Russia, was down sharply today, with Arab type oil selling for $68.75 and Russian type oil selling for $57.
Russia will go broke selling it for that price, since it costs $44 to get it out of Siberia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies